Status: On going :D

Lock Down

Chapter 4

I've been in prison almost a week now and I'm still getting used to this dreadful place. Chance has been looking after me when we've been around other inmates making sure they don't touch me. Who would have guessed for a guy looking as fragile as what he does to be rather strong.

During my second day of being here I'd had a visitor who happened to be my lawyer asking me for more information about Jared and why he'd want to commit suicide to support my story.

I was supposed to be getting another visit soon whether it was in the visitation room with the desks and sheet of glass or the room where the convict’s conjugal visits were held.

Chance had already been taken to visitation about five minutes ago leaving me alone in our cell. I climbed down from my bunk, taking the pad from the desk and sitting down on Chance's bunk. He didn't mind me sitting on his bed or even sleeping on it like I had done a couple of times.

"Stephen this came for you." I looked over to the bars to see the guard who brought me here five days ago standing there with a brown A4 envelope.

I climbed to my feet and walked over to him taking the envelope from him before saying. "Thank you." He nodded before walking away. I sat back down on Chance's bed my back to the wall as I opened the envelope pulling out a sheet of white paper.

I read over the sheet again and again hoping it wasn't true. That it was just a dream. I looked up hearing something to see Chance walking back into our cell; I didn't even hear the cell door open.

"You were gone a while, who was it?" I asked out of curiosity. Chance leaned against the wall opposite and looked down most likely avoiding my gaze as I stared at him.

“My ex boyfriend” Chance looked up to me a half smile on his face. I looked away the moment our eyes met; I tried my best to hide the blush that was creeping onto my cheeks.

“That’s nice of him.” I said keeping my gaze on the bed post hoping he wouldn’t notice I was a bit jealous. Okay I admit being in here with Chance has made me realise maybe I am bi or even gay. Every time Chance and I made physical contact I got these weird feelings, like a tingling sensation where he’d touched.

He’d only have to look at me and I’d blush, I’m sure if I didn’t like him I wouldn’t blush would I? Well I do! I’m not even sure if he likes me or if he will do anything because of what the guard said to him on my first day here.

“Yeah came to see if I was doing okay and to tell me him and this kid I introduced him to a while ago are together.” I tried my hardest not to look at him, I could feel him watching me the whole time.

“What did he come to rub it in that he’s got a new guy?” Sure I was jealous but Chance didn’t seem the least bit affected. I felt the bed dip beside me; I looked up to see Chance was no longer leaning against the wall.

“What’s up Stephen?” I heard him ask, I shook my head not to sure what to say.

“They don’t know if they can get me out just yet so I could be here for months maybe even serve out my full sentence.” I replied; I looked down feeling tears well up behind my eyes fighting for freedom.

“It’s okay, I’m sure you will get out soon just don’t worry about it.” How was I not to worry about it? I’m stuck here in prison for fifteen years? I’m only eighteen I’ve barely lived. I nodded not really sure what I should say just yet and leaned my head on his shoulder hoping he wouldn’t mind.

“I can’t do fifteen years Chance.” I let the tear fall hoping Chance wouldn’t really notice. Chance moved his arm so it was wrapped around me and my head was against his chest. I felt a warm tingly sensation in my stomach as he started rubbing small circles on my back.

“Hey it’s okay” I wrapped my arms around his waist when more tears escaped. I don’t know how long had past but being here in Chance’s arms helped, I felt save and protected.

“Sorry” I whispered as I tried to pull away from him. He tightened his grip on me.

“It’s okay; I promise I’ll make sure no one hurts you.” I smiled when his kissed the top of my head his fingers now running through my hair. I laid my head against his chest again feeling a lot better compared to how I did before. “I think you should get some rest.”

I nodded and pulled away when Chance grabbed my wrist. “You don’t have to move, I don’t mind.” I smiled and moved back to him allowing him to lie down before I cuddled into his side feeling his arms around my waist. I closed my eyes allowing the darkness to take me knowing I was safe in Chance’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short but I will make up for that. Working on another story at the moment based on a relationship I had with my ex. I also got a new job as a photographer so I've been busy with that. Please can you guys comment I'd love to know what you think of this story, creative criticism is welcome. Anyways thanks for reading and I'll update as soon as I've completed chapter 5 xD