Save Me From This Afterlife

Chapter 1

I’ve lived in Miami all of my life, with my two brothers and two sisters. My dad left mom when I was 7. My mom’s new boyfriend hates me so much. The feeling is mutual. Darcy and Andrew are away at University studying Music Journalism and Forensic Science. I stay at home to help mom out with Bella and Daniel.

Andrew and Darcy are twins and they’re 25 while, I’m 19 and Bella and Daniel are twins too and they are 9. I love them to bits but it’s getting harder and harder to handle. I never get to hang out with my best friend and sister Zara. I haven’t been to see any of my favorite bands live, which sucks. It’s all my mom’s boyfriend. I’m not allowed to do anything if he doesn’t like it and if I do I’m sure to end up with at least a cracked rib or more.

“Rebecca Lucy Smith get your fucking ass down here now!” I heard him shut from downstairs. I was reluctant to go I knew what was going to happen. It always happened. Even mom knew about it but wouldn’t do anything about it which hurt so much.

“Y-y-yeah” I stuttered looking down at my feet.

“Look at me you fucking bitch” I felt a hand slap me on my right cheek. I refused to let the tears that were forming in my eye to fall. I always said that tears were a sign of weakness. I went to move my hand to my cheek but is hands grabbed my wrist and moved them into one of his hands while his other lifted my chin up so I had to look into his grey eyes.

“How many times do I have to tell you to look at me when I’m talking to you?”

“A lot. I’m sorry it won’t happen again. I swear.”

“It better not happen again. You know I don’t like to repeat myself.” He said as he pushed me away from him. I fell backwards onto the glass coffee table, we have in the living room, the glass breaks and I feel it pierce my sick and some of the pieces sink in a bit too deep and they start bleeding. “Now look at what you have done. You stupid fucking bitch. Go get this mess cleaned up now” He shouted at me. I got up as quick as I could and got the things I would need to clean the blood and glass up.

I finished scrubbing the floor half an hour later and I looked up at him. “What would you like me to do now?” I asked knowing he’d have something planed.

“Can you make dinner for when you’re mother gets home and you need to go pick up Bella and Daniel up from their friends house and Darcy and Andrew are coming over so the house needs cleaning. Oh and cover the bruise up before any of them see it.” He smiled at me which made me want to throw up.

“Sure” I smiled a fake smile and to cover the bruise. As soon as that was done I went back downstairs and grabbed my cars keys. “I’m going to pick Bella and Daniel up” I said before walking out the door to my car. The drive to Bella’s friend’s house wasn’t long and it was filled with a lot of music my Avenged Sevenfold. I turned it down as I pulled up outside Bella’s mate’s house and got out after turning the engine off and locking the door. I walked up to the big two story house and rang the door bell.

“One second.” I heard someone say on the other side of the door then the sound of a lock being unlocked and the door opening. I smiled at Mrs. Ward.

“Hey Mrs. Ward.” I smiled at her.

“Becky how many times to I have you tell you call me Alison.” She smiled and let me through the door and in to the living room where Bella and Sophie were playing with Sophie’s dolls.

“I know Alison but it doesn’t seem right to call you that” I smiled as I sat and waited for Bella to clean the toys way.

“Becky would you like a drink?” Alison smiled at me.

“Sorry Alison. I’ve got to go get Daniel, then clean the house and make dinner. Darcy and Andrew are coming home today.” I smiled at her one last time before me and Bella went to pick Daniel up. Who was ready the second I knocked on the door. I looked at him then Mrs. Brooks who just shrugged her shoulders and smiled at me. I took his hand and lead him to the car.

The car ride home was them telling me how school went and what they did at their friends’ house. I love it when they tell me what they’ve been doing all day it gives me a chance to push what happened to the side for a bit. Which I’m every grateful for.

I had 30 minutes until mom got home which meant that Darcy and Andrew would be home not long after her. The cleaning of the house had taken me half an hour to do.

I had gotten another bruise because I missed a bit in the main bedroom. Luckily it was easier to cover up so Bella and Daniel wouldn’t it which was a good thing. I didn’t want them to either get hurt or be scared of our step-father.

I decided hate I would make pasta, chicken, a salad and garlic bread. The reason being was that it was easy, we all like it and it wouldn’t take long to make. Dinner was kept in the oven to keep war while we waited for Andrew and Darcy to get here.

“Becky?” I heard Darcy say as she walked into the room and pull me into a hug, Andrew joined in with Darcy. I laughed at them.