Status: Completed 7/5/2014

Left on the Sidelines

Who Could Deny These Butterflies?

-Danielle-

When Nash and I arrived at the venue a couple hours later for soundcheck, I laughed when I saw who was already waiting at the doors. "What?" Nash asked. "I didn't actually think they'd come to the show is all," I smiled. "Well, you DID invite them," he chuckled, pulling into a parking space. I shoved his shoulder before I climbed out of his car. "Whatever. Don't be a douchbag," I giggled. "Oh, so now I'm a douchbag?" he said. "A very hot douchebag," I smirked, grabbing his hand and locking our fingers together as we walked over to everyone.

The group looked at me and yelled in unison, "Danielle!" "How do you know me?" I yelled dramatically, "I've never seen you people before in my life!" "We have our ways," Caity winked. "Why are you guys waiting outside?" I asked. "Cam's being a dick and won't let us in," Maren pouted. "Since when does Cam give out orders around here?" Nash chuckled, leading us all inside.

Once we were inside, Nash yelled, "Montgomery! Why'd you lock them out?" Cam looked up from tuning one of the guitars and pouted, "They were making fun of my hair."

I giggled, letting go of Nash's hand and screaming, "Cammy!" Cam rolled his eyes and smiled, putting the guitar back in the stand as I ran over to him. I jumped up and threw my arms around his neck, giving him a hug, "I haven't seen you in forever!" "That tends to happen when the band doesn't have a show. They forget about the poor little guitar tech," Cam said dramatically as we let go of each other. "You've become more of a drama queen since I last saw you," Nash laughed, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "What?" I yelled, "Is that even possible?" Cam stuck his tongue out at me and I returned it before he went back to tuning guitars.

-Cam- (WOOOOOOOOOO.)

"Oh, Cam! This is Caity, Maren, and MacKenzie. Keep them entertained for a bit while Nash and I go talk with everyone else," Danielle said before wiggling out of Nash's arms, grabbing his hand and running with him to the backroom.

"Wait! I-" I yelled before I was cut off by the door slamming. I turned slowly back to the others and said, "Hello...." "Hi," Maren waved cheerfully. "I don't really know how to keep you guys entertained. I mean, I still have these guitars to tune," I said, pointing to some guitars behind me. "Maybe we can help," Caity shrugged. "You know how to tune guitars?" I asked skeptically. "Know how to tune guitars," she laughed sarcastically, "Please. Hand me one you haven't done yet." I grabbed the one closest to me, which happened to be Ian's bass, as she sat down and handed it to her.

As I was watching her, I heard someone laugh, "What, Cam? Did you just get fired?" "No, actually. Sorry. You're still stuck with me, Keaggy," I chuckled after looking up. Caity looked up at him as well and he said, "Don't break that. I don't want to have to hit a girl. Especially one as pretty as yourself." She quickly looked back down, smiling and continued tuning.

She finished a couple minutes later and handed Ian his bass, "Play something." "Why?" Ian chuckled. "Guitar boy over here doesn't think I know how to tune one of these things," she said, nodding toward me. I rolled my eyes and Ian laughed, "Well, what do you want me to play?" She thought for a moment, "How about I Like to Dance?" Ian grinned, "Alright."

He played the first verse, then stopped. "Dang, Cam. I think she did a better job than you ever do," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes again, "She's not getting my job, if that's what you were hoping for." She stuck her tongue out at me, "I don't want your job anyway." I stuck my tongue back out at her and Maren giggled, "Alright, kids. Break it up." "You only want them to break it up because you think he's cute," MacKenzie smirked. "Not true," Maren shouted, but her face turned a light pink, making me laugh lightly. "Whatever you say," Caity teased.

"Okay, so she can tune a bass. That doesn't mean she can play it," I said. Caity laughed sarcastically again, "You are so funny! May I?" she asked Ian, referring to his bass. "This is gonna be good," Maren giggled as Ian handed Caity his bass again.

She turned to MacKenzie and Maren, "What would you like to hear?" "Well, I'm quite fond of Last One Standing," MacKenzie said. Maren was quick to agree with him and Caity said, "Last One Standing it is!"

As she was playing - very well I might add - I noticed Ian staring at her with a grin on his face. He saw I was looking at him and I smirked, nodding toward Caity. He shook his head, looking away quickly. I chuckled and turned back to Caity just as she stopped playing.

"Now, how's THAT for can't play?" she said, looking at me. "Okay, you're good. I'll give you that," I admitted, "Anyone else want to give it a go?" MacKenzie spoke up, "Do you have an acoustic around here by chance?" "Of course," Ian chuckled, "Ryan! Where's your acoustic?" "In here, why?" he called back. "MacKenzie wants to borrow it!"

Ryan walked out, guitar in hand, followed by everyone else. "Who?" he asked, giving Ian his guitar. "Him," Ian said as he handed the guitar to MacKenzie.

"Oh, right," Danielle giggled, "You haven't met them yet. Ryan, Jamie, this is MacKenzie, Caity, and Maren. We met them today at school." "Nice to meet you," Jamie smiled. "I am breathing the same air as Hot Chelle Rae. Pinch me, I'm dreaming," Maren sighed. Caity pinched her, causing Maren to yell, "Ow!" "What? You said," Caity smiled innocently. Maren hit her arm, "You know what I meant!"

"Welcome to our lives," MacKenzie chuckled, beginning to play a random song and sing quietly. He stopped about 30 seconds later when he noticed us staring at him. "What?" he asked slowly. "I don't recognize that song," Ryan said, "What is it?" "Oh, um, it's called Lost in Love. I wrote it," he replied nervously.

"How do you feel about performing in front of people?" Ryan asked randomly. "I don't think I'd be too bad at it, I guess. I mean, I really only sing for were family and friends at parties and stuff," MacKenzie shrugged. "Would you be interested in opening for us tonight?"

MacKenzie stared at Ryan for a moment before saying, "Are...are you sure?" "Of course! Talent like yours deserves to be heard," Ryan chuckled. "Wow..uh..yeah! Thanks," MacKenzie grinned. "You should go get warmed up or whatever because the show starts in a little over an hour," Ian smiled.

"Come on," Danielle squeaked, pulling him up on stage, "Let's see what you've got!" MacKenzie laughed at her, "Alright. What do you want me to play?" "Do you know anything by All Time Low?" "I know Remembering Sunday, but that's it." "Good! Sing that!" "Who's going to sing the female part?" he asked, looking around the room. "Danielle will," Jenna yelled. "And why can't you do it, Miss 'I want to be a singer'?" Danielle yelled back. "You suggested it, you should sing it." "So? That doesn't mean anything!"

"All those in favor of Danielle singing the female part, raise your hand," Ryan said. Everyone but Danielle raised their hands and she immediately glared at Nash. Nash held his hands up, laughing, "Sorry, babe. Everyone says you're an amazing singer and I wanna hear it."

She rolled her eyes and mumbled, "Just start the freaking song." MacKenzie simply laughed as Danielle walked over to Nash's microphone stand, dragging it over beside Ryan's. He began the song, Danielle came in near the end, and we stared at them.

"What?" they asked at the same time. Ryan nodded, "Yeah, you're doing the song tonight." "Performing this at the show was NOT part of the deal," Danielle shouted.

Nash walked over to the stage in front of her, "Please?" She looked down at him for a few seconds before putting her face in her hands and letting out a muffled groan. He smiled, knowing she was about to give in. She looked up, glaring at him, "Fine, but if you ever use that look to get me to do something for you ever again, I'm gonna smack you so hard, you won't remember your own name." He chuckled, grabbing her hands as she jumped off of the stage and wrapped his arms around her.

"So, asking you to do another song tonight would be too much then?" Ryan asked, smiling innocently. Danielle looked at him, "Is Jenna suddenly incapable of singing now or something?" "Well, it's not really our song.." Jenna trailed off. "I hate all of you," Danielle said, "Except Cam." "Whoa there. How do you know he wasn't part of this?" Jamie said. "Don't 'whoa there' me. You people never tell him anything." "Thank you," I exclaimed. "We tell him stuff all the time," Ian said. "'I need you to go get us some coffee' is not exactly what I had in mind," she told him.

I walked over to her and hugged her tightly, sighing, "Thank you for understanding my pain." "You're welcome, Cammy," she smirked, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go sit in the back room for half an hour and think about how much I hate everyone but you."

As she walked back, Jamie yelled after her, "Wait, does that mean you'll sing with Nash?" "Just as long as you guys learn to sleep with one eye open," she called back.

Everyone turned to look at me and I threw my hands up, walking back over to the guitars, "Don't look at me. She said she'd do it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Remembering Sunday" by All Time Low

Posting this was probably a stupid idea.