Status: Completed 7/5/2014

Left on the Sidelines

Baby, I Can Ease the Ache, so Let Me Give Your Heart a Break

-Danielle-

Nash and I broke our kiss again, but this time, it was because we heard people cheering. We looked down at the ground to see Ryan, Ian, Katia, and Jenna had joined Jamie and were looking up at us, grinning widely. Nash kissed my forehead and stood up, taking my hand and pulling me up, and we climbed down the ladder. Once my feet hit the ground, Nash wrapped his arms around me tightly and everyone else ran over, tackling us with hugs.

"Not that I don't feel all warm and fuzzy right now," I said, "But can we maybe hug inside? It's cold as fuck out here." "We told you to dress warmly," Ian laughed as we walked inside. "Since when have I ever listened to you guys?" I asked innocently. "Since you don't want to be thrown over my shoulder," he winked. "And what if I do?" I challenged. "Well, then," he smirked, "I'd say anything for you, princess."

He jumped over to me, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder before I had time to react. "Ian," I laughed as he carried me through the door. "Yes, Danielle?" I could hear his smile. "One day, when - I mean, if - you get a girlfriend and she doesn't tell you that you have a nice ass on a daily basis, I'm gonna slap her, okay?" "Nash," Ian whined, "Your girlfriend is hitting on me and it's making me feel uncomfortable!" Nash chuckled, "Hand her over."

Ian dropped his shoulder slightly so that I rolled off of him and into Nash's arms. "What?" I squeaked, "I'm just saying!" "Why don't you just say it to RK and Jamie?" he laughed. "Because they're my cousins and that would be weird!" "Well, there you go." "Whoa, I'm not saying they don't, I'm saying it would be weird." "You just said it," Ryan laughed. "And now you feel weird, don't you?" I giggled. "Just a bit," Jamie smiled. "Nash made me do it!"

"Oh, did he now?" Nash grinned mischievously, putting me back on the ground. "I know what you're thinking, Overstreet, and you better not do it," I said, wide-eyed and moving away from him. Suddenly, he tackled me and we landed on the living room floor. He sat on my legs and started tickling me. "Na-Nash! Sto-Stop," I screamed in between laughs. "Then admit that I'm the most amazing person in the history of ever and you can't live without me," he said. "I've lived without you for 17 years and I think Jamiebear's taken the position of most amazing person in the history of ever already anyway," I smiled sweetly. He looked back at Jamie and Jamie threw his hands up, "I had no idea! Leave me out of this!"

Nash looked back at me, "If you love me, you'll say it." "Is this one of those 'If you love me, you'll have sex with me' kinda things?" I asked. He thought for a moment, then nodded, "Yes." "Well, in that case, I don't love you that much," I smirked. He gave me the most hurt expression he could without smiling and I giggled, "I never said I didn't love you."

I reached up and pulled his face down to mine and kissed him. Everyone else groaned and Ryan said, "We'll be not in here if you need us." "Don't forget to tell Nash that thing you were supposed to tell him," Ian added as they walked out of the room.

"Oh! Right," I exclaimed. "What thing?" Nash asked. "Thank you," I smiled, "For my guitar." He chuckled, "You're welcome." "How did you know?"

He moved off of me and helped me sit upright, leaning against the couch. "Well, you always mention how you hate having to borrow MacKenzie and Ryan's guitars and I know your favorite color is purple.. I just figured it would be the perfect gift for you," he shrugged. "Second perfect, actually." "Then what's the first perfect gift?" "You," I whispered. He looked at me and smiled, leaning over slightly to kiss me.

After he pulled away, I laid my head on his shoulder and he grabbed my hands, tangling our fingers together. "I'm honestly surprised you had Jenna in the exact spot you kissed me after you and Demi sang Why Don't You Love Me," I commented, giggling lightly. "Well, yeah," he laughed, "That was the spot you agreed to be my girlfriend. Why wouldn't I remember?" "I don't know," I shrugged, "I don't even remember what I was wearing that day." "Your blue lace dress with the white belt and light brown shoes, everything else you had on was either silver or purple, and your hair was down so it was easier to run my fingers through," Nash said instantly. I looked at him in slight shock, and he laughed, "And no, Jamie did not tell me that. I told you, I love you." I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"One more question," I said. "Go," he replied. "How was the treehouse the place you realized you were in love with me?" He sighed, "The other day, when you and MacKenzie went out there to talk, I may have followed you and listened to your conversation.." "Why?" "I figured you were going to talk about me and if you were gonna say how much you hated me, I wanted to know why," he said shyly, "That's what I expected to hear, at least, but when MacKenzie said he thought you were in love with me and the way you reacted, I guess that's when I realized I was in love with you."

I was about to say something when the front door opened and we looked over to see Keith, Adrienne, and Anna walk in with grocery bags. Anna simply looked at us and smiled, walking into the kitchen. "So, how is everything?" Adrienne asked with a smile, obviously already knowing the answer. "A lot better," I grinned. Nash looked over at me and kissed my forehead. Keith chuckled, "I don't think I've seen you this happy in weeks." "Well, you'll never have to see that Danielle again," Nash said, squeezing my hand. "Good," Adrienne smiled as her and Keith followed Anna into the kitchen.

I spoke quietly when they left the room, "You wanna know when I knew I was in love with you?" "When?" he asked, looking at me. "When you broke up with me," I answered, refusing to make eye contact, "I always cried when guys broke up with me, but it never hurt as bad until it happened with you. I guess that's when I knew, but I didn't want to admit it to anyone because when I admit it, it never ends well since I always fuck up somehow. When MacKenzie said that, I realized I didn't hide it as well as I thought I did."

I wasn't looking at Nash, but I could tell he was looking at me. Then, after what seemed like forever, I felt his hand on my cheek, turning my head so we were face to face and kissing me like it was the last time we would ever see each other.

"You are not going to fuck this up," he said as soon as his lips were off of mine. "You don't know that," I choked, shaking my head, "I always do. It happens every time." "Danielle, it is not your fault those guys left you after getting signed. It's theirs. Most guys don't realize a good girl when they've got her. When they lose her, it's another guy's job to make that girl feel like she's the most beautiful girl in the world, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do with you," he said, never taking his eyes off of mine.

I stared into his eyes for a few more seconds before leaning forward again to kiss him. I barely heard the front door open, but I jumped back when I heard, "Danielle?" I looked at Nash, then at the people standing at the door with wide eyes, "Mom.. Dad.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Give You Heart a Break" by Demi Lovato