Status: Completed 7/5/2014

Left on the Sidelines

I Wanna Fall So in Love with You and No One Else

-Nash-

Ryan, Jamie, and Ian were at my apartment the next afternoon, about two hours before I had my date with Danielle. "How am I going to prove to her that I'm not like all the other guys she's dated?" I asked, my head resting in my hands. "I don't know, man. You could never drink again. That might be a start," Ian said. I looked at him and he rolled his eyes, "Fine, just don't drink so much at one time. Get tipsy or buzzed or whatever, but don't drink so much that you won't remember anything the next day." "You screw up once, you're done," Jamie commented. "No pressure," I mumbled, "Okay, so, what should we do for our date?" "I don't know. She likes cheesy stuff. You could take her bowling," Ryan suggested. "Unless she's as good at bowling as she is at arcade games, then you might end up crying," Jamie smirked. "I did not cry, bro! I had something in my eye," Ryan yelled. "Whatever," Jamie chuckled.

I nodded, "Alright, bowling sounds good. What about food?" "She really likes nachos," Jamie answered. "She also really likes Coke," Ryan chimed in. "I can see why she's your favorite cousin," Ian chuckled, looking at Jamie. Jamie simply rolled his eyes, "Moving on. Nash, I hope you realize taking her bowling and buying her nachos and Coke isn't going to guarantee you anything. You have to fight for her, and I mean really fight for her. She's been hurt God knows how many times, and bowling and food aren't going make her walls break." I nodded again, "I'm not giving up on her, Jamie. I'll do whatever it takes for how ever long it takes."

-Danielle-

At 6 o'clock, there was a knock on the door. "At least he shows up on time," I tried reassuring myself as I trotted down the stairs and opened the door. "Hi, Danielle," Nash smiled at me, "You look amazing." "Thank you," I muttered, closing the door behind me. He put his hand on my back, but I didn't do anything to make him stop.

We arrived at a bowling alley after a short drive and I laughed lightly, "Typical date spot." "Do you not like it?" Nash asked, "We can do something else." "No, I love it," I said, shaking my head, "I'm just saying, isn't this where everyone goes on their first date?" "First date?" he smiled. "Don't get your hopes up," I said as we walked inside, "This date hasn't even started yet. You could still fuck up."

Alright, I'll admit it. I was having fun. I would never vocalize that thought, but I was actually having a pretty good time. And I don't know what it is with me and being tied until the very last second, but that's where it was. Basically, I was only a few points behind Nash, which meant if I got a strike, I would win. The thing about bowling is: I love it, but I'm not good at it. Like, at all. It was a surprise to me that I even stayed tied with Nash for so long.

"Loser buys food," Nash smirked. I glared at him, "Is it just me, or is it getting a little cocky in here?" "Why? Scared you're gonna lose?" he chuckled. "No, I know I'm gonna lose. You're just an asshole for making the girl pay," I sweetly smiled at him before picking up my bowling ball.

I took a deep breath, and went for it. I watched nervously as the ball went down the lane, staring in disbelief when 9 pins fell immediately. Nash stood up as we both kept our eyes on the last wobbling pin. It finally fell after what seemed like forever. I smiled widely and threw my hands into the air, "Yes!" I spun around to find Nash staring at our lane with his jaw dropped.

"So, what was that about me losing again? I can't seem to remember what you said," I smirked. He looked over at me, an evil grin slowly spreading across his face. My eyes instantly went wide, "You wouldn't dare." He sprinted over to me, picking me up bridal style and grinning, "Oh, but I just did." He carried me back over to where our shoes were and we changed out of our bowling shoes.

I put on my first shoe and as I picked up the second one, Nash grabbed it from me and put it on my foot, "It fits! You, Danielle, are the princess I've been searching for." He gave me a goofy grin and held out his hand to me. I shook my head and smiled, taking his hand. "That was cute, Overstreet. I'll give you that much," I said as he pulled me up off of my chair, "How long have you been waiting to use that line?" He looked at me, and with the most serious expression, said, "You have no idea." I laughed and he pulled me over to the concessions stand.

When we finished eating, he took me back to my house and we sat on the porch steps. "So, there's got to be more to this than not wanting to get hurt," Nash said. "Maybe, but if so, I'm not sure what it is," I shrugged. "I think you know exactly what it is, you just don't want to tell me," he said. I sighed, "My whole life, I did everything I was told: Chores, homework, all that stuff. My parents said that I wasn't allowed to start dating until after I graduated college and got a job." "Well, you kind of broke that one already." "That's my point! They made me swear not to date anybody, especially a musician because they've seen what it does to me when they break my heart," I looked down at my hands, avoiding eye contact with Nash. He reached over, put his fingers under my chin, and looked me in the eyes, "I promise I am never going to hurt you." I shook my head and smiled sadly, "That's what they all say until they do it."

He was about to say something, but I kept going, "I know about your reputation, Nash." "Ryan and Jamie told you?" he asked, sounding a little ticked off. "No, but I hear them talking about it sometimes." "I can change, Danielle. I'd do anything for you," he whispered. I shook my head again and grabbed his hand, holding it tightly, "There will be other girls, Nash. Girls that will love every single thing about you and not give a fuck about your reputation. I don't want you to change who you are, especially for me. I'm nothing special. Just wait until you find the girl that's right for you." "I don't want those other girls," he choked, "I want you."

I smiled lightly at him, "I had a great time tonight, thank you." "But-" I cut him off, "Goodnight, Nash." I kissed his cheek softly and stood up, wiping away a couple tears off my cheeks as I walked inside, closing the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Walls" by All Time Low

Outfit:
Danielle: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60452570