When You're Right, You're Wrong

And that was when I saw the truth...

Sweat poured off my face like someone had dumped a bucket of water over my head. At this point I wished they would so I wouldn’t feel like I was burning up right now. I stood up so I could see beyond the jump. I wanted to know exactly what I was up against. No surprises at all. Travis had already gone and wowed the crowd with his first ever double back flip. I was determined to be the first girl to do it. I wanted to prove that I could do anything that Travis could do.

“Here.” Someone shouted shoving a bike in my hand. The crowd roared. I looked out into the crowd looking for someone. Girls dressed in McDade Rocks tank tops and shorts, waved at me. I scanned over them looking for Kyle. I stopped right at the entrance for the group of VIP seats. Anger and rage boiled up inside me. He had his hand wrapped around some flimsy looking orange skinned bleach blonde. If she had a green wig on I would have thought she was an oompa loompa. I watched as he let his hand wander down to her butt. Damn it. I knew he was a cheater but I took him back anyways. I guess what they say is true, once a cheater, always a cheater.

I took a deep breath and pushed him out of my mind. I needed to be focused before this trick. I looked back over the course again going over the movements in my head. I had nailed this trick tons of times in practice. I climbed on my bike and shoved my helmet over my head. I kick started the bike. The crowd howled even louder. It almost drowned out the rumbled of my bike. I took one more deep breath before I took off. I pushed the bike as hard as I could down the giant ramp. I needed the speed if I was going to have enough speed to make it back up the second ramp and still be able to have enough speed to make it across. I hit the dirt ramp and gave the bike one last burst of power. I was off the ramp and started turning.

I pulled the bike over me as fast as I could, looking down. When I was right side up again I pulled the bike over me again copying the movement. The back tire hit the dirt first and I gently set the front tire down. I killed the bikes engine and dropped it to the ground while trying to get my helmet off. My helmet was wrenched off my head and the roar of the crowd was almost deafening. The girls could be heard over everyone else. I looked around at all the faces that were now crowded around me. Travis pushed through the crowd and lifted me up on his shoulders. I looked towards the VIP seats as we moved towards the hallway that would lead out of the arena. Kyle was attached to that oompa loompa wanna be at the lips. I grabbed my phone off the bench and pulled up a text.
We are done for good. Loose my number and find your own way home.

I sent the text as I was being set down. Travis grabbed my arm and dragged me off into the dressing rooms. He closed the door and handed me a bottle of water. I unscrewed the cap and placed it to my lips. The cool crisp water flooded my mouth. It felt like I had been missing this one element my whole life. Travis waited until I was finished before he spoke.

“I saw what happened. Are you okay?” He asked looking me right in the eye. I knew nothing had happened with my trick so he was talking about Kyle.

“Yeah, I’m good.” I said. I had known that our relationship had been over for a while now. I just needed to grow the balls to end it. “I am better than good.” I said feeling a weight lift off my shoulders.

“I told the guards not to let him back here. I believe that he is actually being thrown out.” He said looking mischievous. My phone started vibrating. I knew it was Kyle. I ignored his call before blocking his number. “Let’s head out to the after party. I’m sure it’s going to take us forever to get there.” He said patting me on the back. We both exited out of the room and headed back down the hallway. I stopped at my dressing room. Travis said he would wait for me when he was done.

I closed the door and leaned against it. The sweat was starting to dry on my skin making it sticky. I quickly stripped all my gear off and stepped into the shower. I turned the water on and let it wash over my skin. I didn’t need that prick. He had done nothing but drag me down. He wouldn’t let me hang out with any of my friends unless he was there. If I had a demo to go to, he needed to be there. If he wasn’t then I was the one who was in the wrong. A knock at the door jarred me from my thoughts.

“Come in!” I yelled from the bathroom. I heard the door open and Travis called from the main room.

“Lucy, you ready?” I heard the couch squeak meaning he probably flopped on it. My guess was he was laying down, feet propped in the air because he was so tall that he could never fit on one horizontally.

“I’ll be out in five minutes.” I called back washing the shampoo and conditioner combo out of my hair. I shut off the water a minute later and quickly dried off. I knew Travis couldn’t see anything from where he was so I didn’t bother with a towel after the shower. Even if he could, I still didn’t care. I didn’t have body issues like most girls. Nor did I particularly like clothes. I tried to wear as little as possible. I quickly pulled on underwear then a pair of shorts and a long McDade tank top. Hey, I had to support my own line.

When I hit it big time, one of the first things I did was make my own line of clothes. LMD was pretty popular now and my fans were constantly sporting it everywhere I went. Travis one day had bought a bunch of it and wore it for a month. Of course it didn’t fit him right since LMD was just for girls.
I was just applying the finishing touches to my make up when Travis decided to come barging into the bathroom. He stood behind me, his hands on my shoulders, looking me in the eyes through the mirror. Right then I realized how good looking he actually was. I had been blinded by Kyle all these years. He smiled at me as his hands ran side to side on my shoulders. We both had just made history today within minutes of each other. I pushed the chair back and Travis stepped out of the way. I stood up and faced him. He took a couple steps forward, standing so close I could feel his breath gently brush my cheek. I looked up at him. He had quite a few inches on me. His hands found the way to my hips and my arms found themselves wrapped around his neck.

“I have been waiting for entirely too long to do this.” He whispered before he leaned down and his lips brushed mine. A shiver shot up my spine, something that I had never felt with Kyle, not even on our first kiss. Travis let his hands slide gently up and down my sides. There was a knock at the door, forcing us to separate. I mentally cursed whoever it was to tear me away from this moment.

“What?” I called trying to keep the irritation of being interrupted out of my voice. It didn’t work to well judging by the fact that Travis was snickering at me. I playfully hit him in the arm and walked out of the bathroom.

“Miss McDade, your ride is here.” The knocker said. I sighed and opened the door. A slightly bustled looking intern stared back at us.

“Thanks give us a minute and we will be right out.” I said sweetly and closed the door. As soon as the lock clicked, Travis pulled me to him again, into a kiss that had fire and passion behind it. I giggled and pushed him off me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have pleanty of this story written out but I am currently rewriting it and adding some more to it. Please rate & comment!!!