When You're Right, You're Wrong

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

When we entered the lobby we were met with cheers. The whole crew was there waiting for us. Travis grabbed me around the waist and pulled me closer to him. I leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek. Everyone cheered louder.

“I was wondering when this was going to happen!” Andy said clapping Travis on the back.

“Yeah everyone could see you two liked each other!” Erik chimed in.

“Guys, if we don’t hurry we are going to be late!” Gregg Godfrey shouted as he walked into the group. There was a dash to get to the vans and get a good seat. No one liked being in the middle. Since I hadn’t set down my bag, I was the first one out the door. I jumped into the front seat and shoved my bag on the floor before fastening the seatbelt. The guys came crashing into the van behind me. Gregg climbed in the front seat as the rest of the guys fought over who got window seats. Of course, Jolene was in her usual seat in the middle. Erik got the other since I had gotten shotgun.

Andy managed to make it into the production van with Jeremy and Jeff. Tommy sat in the very back on the drivers side. Erik was next to him and Special Greg was next to Erik. Travis sat behind me on the next row of seats with Jolene next to him and Jim next to her.

“Everyone in?” Gregg asked and without waiting for a reply he took off following the production van.

~~

We arrived at the spot where we were going to film. It was a barren flatland with barley any trees. A giant ramp had been placed on the edge of a giant cliff. Everyone piled back out of the vans and started looking at what was going on. I walked to the bike trailer and started getting my bike ready.

“Having fun?” I jumped at the voice and spun around. Travis was leaning against the opening of the trailer.

“Of course!” I said leaning against my bike. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me pulling me to him.

“I think we can have some more fun.” He winked.

“Guys come on! Get a room!” Jim shouted. I looked up at him before giving Travis a quick peck on the lips. Jim grabbed his bike and walked out of the trailer shaking his head.

“Lucy! Travis! Lets go! We’re burning daylight!” Jeff shouted from somewhere outside. I quickly pulled my bike out of the trailer before going to change. After making sure the door was locked, twice, I stripped off my clothes except for a pair of tight shorts and a sports bra. I pulled on my riding clothes and was back outside.

A short time later I was sitting on one of the scrap bikes we kept around for stunts just like this, with Travis. The bike rumbled under me. My chest was already tight with nerves. I gripped Travis tighter around his waist as he revved the bike. I felt him take a deep breath as he kicked the bike into gear and we flew forward. I held tighter to him as we hit the ramp. It felt like forever before we were flying in the air, I looked up and saw the canyon below me. I let go of Travis and pushed myself away from him and the bike. I looked up to see Travis push himself away from the bike a couple second later. I was too busy watching him to notice how close I was to the wall. I quickly pulled the parachute hoping that it would pull me away from the wall. I wasn’t that lucky. I hit it pretty hard, a dull thud echoing through the canyon. I pushed myself away from the wall as hard as I could, which wasn’t very effective. I was having trouble getting a deep breath. That hit had knocked the wind out of me. I struggled to breathe as I drifted further through the air. Black clouded my vision until I was just floating.

~~

I woke up to someone screaming my name over the radio. I sat up and looked for my bag. There was one thing I needed right now, my inhaler. I couldn’t find it. I was panicking. I couldn’t find anything. I tried to inhale but it was nothing but a loud gasp. Where was my parachute? Hell I didn’t even remember landing. Where was I? Another loud gasp. I needed to calm down. If I didn’t soon I was going to pass out again.

Someone shouted my name again. I still had the radio. I was within range if they could reach me. I grabbed the radio from my belt and pressed the talk button.

“Help.” I struggled to get out. It was quite because I couldn’t get much air in.

“Lucy, are you okay? Where are you?” Some shouted over the radio. There was a lot of static over the line so I wasn’t sure who I was talking to.

“I don’t know. I need my inhaler fast.” I said trying really hard to calm down. At least I was talking to someone now. Someone knew I was missing. I looked up at the sky. The sun was fixing to set. It had been almost in the middle of the sky when I went off that ramp.

“We are hurrying. Whats around you?” The voice asked urgency in his voice.

“Trees, lots of trees and a river.” I croaked. I took as deep a breath as I could get through my nose and held it for three seconds before letting it out my mouth. I closed my eyes. “They are looking for me. They are almost here.” I thought. I took another breath through my nose, this time holding it for five seconds. My chest was starting to loosen up. I had bought myself a few more minutes.

“Lucy!” I heard someone shout from behind me. I turned around to see Travis and Andy running towards me. Travis made it first and handed me my little red plastic inhaler. I shook it and placed it to my lips, pressing down on the button as I breathed in. The bitter cold liquid gas hit the back of my throat going into my lungs, automatically releasing the hold on them. I sucked in a deep breath of cold air. I leaned back and closed my eyes trying to get my breathing back under control.

“Can you walk?” Travis asked kneeling down in front of me. I nodded my head trying to push myself up. Travis wrapped his arm around my waist on my left side and Andy pulled my right arm around his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Sorry it took so long to update! Im going to try to update more!