The Wish

1/1

Long ago in this village in China, there was this cat. This cat was the weirdest thing you ever saw. It wasn’t deformed or anything, it just had odd coloring. One of her ears was a bluish-grayish color and her other ear was black. Her eyes were blue as the sky and her fur was pitch black.

This cat, who we will call Sam, was an alley cat. You see, since she looked so odd, no one in the small village wanted her. She was walking back to her little alley way all sad, when this mirror appeared. Sam looked in the mirror and batted it with her paw.

Sam could also read. So she saw there was a note attached to the mirror. The note said,
“Greetings young one. I have placed this mirror here. This mirror is a magic mirror. It grants three wishes. It can read your mind about what you want and your heart.”

Sam thought about it for awhile. Well, the first thing she wished for was to look like a normal cat.
Instantly, her wish was granted. Her fur changed to a Siamese color. Sam still kept her eye color though.

The second thing she wished for was for her alley to be cleaned up.
Instantly, that wish was granted too.

The last wish was the hardest to think up. Finally, Sam knew what she wanted.
A family. A real home.

Instantly, this little girl along with her mom and dad came from around the corner.

“Mommy, daddy. Look at this poor little kitten. Can we keep it?” the girl asked her parents.

Sam’s last wish was granted too. She finally had a home. Something she thought she’d never have.

The little girl picked up Sam and Sam started rubbing her head on the girl.

“Mommy, daddy. Let’s go get another one to keep her company.”

The girl’s parents smiled.

Sam’s prayer was finally coming true.