Status: In-Progress

A Girl With a Broken Smile

Live a Little

I got to the park just around sunset and sat down under a large maple tree. The fall air felt good as it gently wrapped itself around my body. I slowly shut my eyes and took in the autumn air. It was so relaxing. The trees were starting to shed their multicolored leaves leaving a crisp smell behind. Crunching could be heard from all around as children ran through the dried mounds of leaves on the ground. Honestly, this was my favorite time of the year.

"I'm here." A cold voice snapped me out of my thoughts and my eyes blinked open.

Blair was now standing in front of me, clutching her brown jacket closer to her body. She was never one for the cold.

"I was worried you weren't going to show up." I said with a sigh of relief as I slowly got to my feet.

"Yeah, well I am, so lets get this over with, I have things to do later." She said with hardly any emotion as she made her way towards a worn out picnic bench.

I watched her for a moment, before biting my bottom lip and making my way towards her.

"Listen Blair, I really don't want us to be like this," I tried to explain as I sat down across from her. "We're best friends, we shouldn't be fighting like this."

She wouldn't look at me for some reason and I swore I could see a tiny built of guilt in her eyes.

"I know Anna, but..." She paused, and glanced down at the table. "I can't do this anymore. I love you Anna, I love you like a sister, but... I'm tired. I'm tired of all of this. Your mood swings, how depressed you get at times.

I understand why you're like this, but still." She sighed, taking in a few deep breathes before finally meeting my eyes with her own.

"Anna, I've tried for so long to help you. Help you live your life and to try and have fun, but it's like you don't want to. You can't let yourself have fun or to live a little and honestly, it's depressing. Depressing for me and everyone else you're around."

Her words stung, but I took the time to think them over. As much as I didn't want to admit it, she was right. I didn't exactly know where she was going with all of this, but for right now, she was right and I had to change, I couldn't keep being like this, but I didn't know any different.

"I... You're right Blair, I'm sorry." I said in a defeated tone. "I don't know what to do though. I... Can you please help me? I know you said you're tired of it, but please? I'll try to change, I promise."

I wasn't sure if I was saying all that, because I really did want to change or because I was terrified of losing my best friend; my only friend.
She didn't reply for a few minutes and I began to panic inside. I couldn't lose her too.

"Anna..." She breathed and I bit the inside of my check. "This will be the last time I try to help you. If you don't try to change or have fun then there's nothing more that I can do and I'm sorry, but I'll have to just give up. As I said, I love you Anna, but I can't keep wasting my time."

A huge smile spread across my face and without even thinking twice I quickly stood up, leaned across the table and pulled Blair into a hug. For a moment she just sat there, but finally I heard a small laugh escaped her lips and she too wrapped her arms around me.

"So, what do you have in mind?" I asked as I pulled away, and sat back down.

Blair brought her finger up to her chin and thought for a moment, before something came across her face and I just knew she had an idea.

"First, I think it's time that you have a make-over!" She exclaimed. "Then you're coming with me to this club down the street from my house. You shouldn't know anyone there so you don't have to worry about making a fool out of yourself in front of anyone, because you'll probably never see them again." She explained as she stood up and started walking towards the parking lot. Without a single word I followed suit.

The car ride to her house was far from quiet. Blair went on and on about how she was going to dress me up and how she was going to show me the right way to party and how much fun I was going to have. I didn't say anything for fear of sounding negative and Blair calling the whole thing off, but I was beyond nervous, but yet, kind of excited.

No, this wasn't the first time I had gone out with Blair to a club or party, but usually I was being forced to go just so I could drive her drunk ass home. This time however, the club was close enough to walk to and I didn't have to worry about being her chauffeur, she also offered to let me sleep at her place for the night. I didn't even think of the consequences it could lead to tomorrow, I didn't care. For once in my life, I was going to try and have fun.

Blair lived in a decent sized home with her mother and older brother. Her mother was rarely ever home due to her job as a flight attendant. Her brother Trevor was usually out and about with his friends or locking himself in his room. Though I knew both of them rather well, I hardly saw them when I was here.

Blair didn't mind though, she could get away with just about anything with her mother gone and the longer she stayed away, the more random things Blair got. So, it was no surprise to see another new package sitting in Blairs livingroom and the only light that could be seen was the soft glow coming from under Trevors door.

"Lets go." Blair said as she grabbed my arm and pulled me to her bedroom.
Blair room had an eeire, yet peaceful vibe. The walls were painted in a dark purple color, the floors done with a nice polished wood. Dead roses hung from her ceiling and a large queen sized bed topped with tons of pillows sat in the corner. Her windows were blocked out with a lighter shade of purple curtains and all sorts of pictures hung up on the walls. I'd give just about anything to have a room like this.

"Lets get started." She said with excitement in her voice as she made me sit down at her makeup table.

I wasn't allowed to see myself until she was finished, so I sat with my back towards the mirror, waiting rather impatiently for Blair to began.

"First we're going to fix that hair of yours." She said with a small grin on her face as she grabbed her brush and few different hair products.

After about twenty minutes of hair pulling, teasing and loads of hairspray she was done, but far from finished.

"Next, your makeup."

She started out with eyeshadow first, putting on at least three different colors, swearing up and down that she knew what she was doing. Then she put on a liquid eyeliner and topped it off with some mascarua. Blair also added a light shade of blush, and finally she was done with that. All that was left was clothes and now I was beyond nervous. I could only imagine what she was going to make me wear.

"Alright, I think I have the perfect outfit for you." She said as she disappeared into her large walkin closet. About ten minutes later she finally emerged again, holding a few different things in her arms.

"You are going to look so fucking hot." She practically shouted as she threw the stuff at me and demanded me to change.

I placed the things on her bed and slowly slipped out of my clothes. She had given me a dress, heels, and stocking to change into. The minute I slipped the dress on I knew straight away that I'd have to go braless tonight. It was a short black dress with a deep-v plunge neckline, a small silver hoop holding the two sides together. The hem was ruffled, and slightly longer in the back. I felt awkward and wrong wearing it, but I couldn't let Blair down.

"I don't know about this, I doubt it looks good on me." I sighed as I rolled on the thin fishnet like stockings on.

"Oh hush, I know you're going to look great." Blair argued.
Quickly I strapped the black heels and a stood up, smoothing out my dress.

"Ready." I said in almost a whisper.

The minute Blair turned around her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. I wasn't sure if it was a bad reaction or good one yet and I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Oh my god Anna! You look... You look amazing! Hell, I'd tap that if I were into that sort of thing!" She laughed before turning me towards the mirror. I nearly died.

My hair had been teased, giving it more volume and making it look almost feathery. My eyes lined with a smoky makeup. The dress is what really got me though. You could actually see that I sort of had a figure. The material clung closely to my curves, giving me an actual hour glass figure that I didn't even know I had. A good amount of cleavage was showing, but the cups of the dress pushed my breasts up just right, making them seem fuller. I didn't want to say it, but... I actually looked sexy. Sexy was the last thing I thought I'd ever be able to look like.

"If this doesn't get you laid tonight, I don't know what will." She laughed before turning towards the mirror to do her makeup. She must of seen the reaction on my face, because she laughed again and said, "relax, I'm just kidding."

After about another hour Blair was finally ready to go and it was no surprise that she looked amazing as always. She pulled her hair into a ponytail, a few curly strands falling in front of her face, her makeup was done much like mine, but she wore a tight short red dress that probably only Blair could pull off.

"Ready?" She asked as she walked out of the room. I nodded and followed after her.

The club was only a few streets down from her house and it didn't take us long to get there. The club wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, which made me feel a little bit better.

"You're going to have fun tonight, don't let yourself think otherwise." Blair said with a smile before grabbing my arm and dragging me inside.