Status: FIRST DRAFT

12 Hours

Imagine waking up in a cell with eleven of your school mates and being held captive by a violent and enigmatic man. Then imagine this man tells you that he will start killing one person every hour, on the hour if he does not receive exactly fifity-one thousand, one-hundred-and-fifteen million, one-hundred-and-one thousand, one-hundred-and-ten dollars and fifty-one cents from the American Government.

When Detective Angela Andrews is woken by a phone call at one in the morning, this is the scenario she is faced with: A young boy was found in a small park, brutally killed, with a hand scrawled note stapled to his bare chest. And the most shocking thing about the note isn't the bizarre amount of money demanded by the murderer, but, the list of increasingly gruesome ways the next eleven victims will be killed.

In a race against time to stop the viscous killer from striking again, Angela will discover not everything is as it seems. A sinister plan is being put into action right under her nose. A plan that could desecrate countries. A plan that could kill billions.

(So me and a friend were talking about spooky stories for Halloween and one thing led to another and now we're both writing one to show each other on Halloween. Anyway, I hope this is gruesome enough for you folk.)
  1. Johnny
    Victim One
  2. Chapter One