Status: Exhale. (Revising)

The Electricity in My Veins

Act II, the living dead

"Young miss? You'll catch a cold sitting around outside without a coat in weather like this." A concerned voice sounded from above me, the gently sway of the swing I was seated in stopped as gloved hands wrapped around the chains on either side of the rubber seat, stalling the swings movement. I glanced up from the snow covered gravel when brown boots entered my field of vision,  stopping right in front of me. Wide, concerned, stormy eyes, peered down at me, the troubled face of a man, a little older then me, the owner of said eyes, seemed to be the cause of the swings abrupt stop. 

"What's the point?" My voice sounded hollow and dead to me, making me wonder if the grey eyed stranger thought so too. "Even if I freeze and die. What's the point? It's not like anyone'll care.  Hell. I could probably even name a few people who would rejoice." I let out a breathless laugh, my voice turning into white puffs of smoke in the frigid winter air. 

The man blinked down at me, a sad smile appearing on his troubled face. "The point?" He tried out, the words sounding heavy as they fell from his thin pale lips. "Well, aren't you cold? That could be the point, and the thing about nobody caring if you died...well...I'd care." He sounded so honest, so sincere,  so...like a good person. I couldn't help the giggle that bubbled in my throat and pushed past my lips into the evening air, flowing through the sky and disappearing just as quickly as it came. 

"You'd care? About some random girl you've  never met before dying?" He nodded. "Bullshit."  I stated boldly. No way, no how, was there anyone that decent in this part of town.  Around here, there was just backstabbers and home wreckers, well, around me at least. He smiled at me again, the sad smile he had flashed me earlier, but this time I noticed how beautiful it was. How his whole face seemed to be glowing and how soft his gaze was as he stared at me with worry and how gentle and caring his sad smile was. "It's not, bullshit." He denied softly, one of the gloved hands that were gripping the swing's chains, brushing away the snow on top my head and then resting there after a few gentle pats. "I've already talked to you and I've decided I like the sound of your voice and bluntness in your words. So, if you died I'd miss you because I know you.  Your shaky voice and bluntness and all. I'd miss it. Which means, I'd miss you." He said it so clearly, Pwith so much force and truth in his gentle voice, I almost believed him, almost. "Bullshit." I muttered lowly under my breath again, trying to ignore the warmth that flowed from his hand onto my head. The pleasant feeling sending tingles through my body. 

He smiled at me again, his eyes crinkling around the edges. "I have to go." He said randomly after a few more pats and gentle smiles.  "I was supposed to have been met my girlfriend's daughter by now." I expected him to just leave with that but instead he unwrapped the scarf, the one I didn't even notice he was wearing, and wrapped it around my neck. I raised an eyebrow at him, not quiet sure how I felt about his continued sweetness. "Because I would care if you froze to death." He replayed easily in answer to my rose eyebrow, I giggled lightly, he smiled. As he turned, and I watched his retreating form gain farther in distance from me, I found myself calling out to him before I could stop myself. "The names Alice! Alice the random girl you would care if she died!" I wasn't quiet sure if he heard me or not and my stomach had started to hurt at the thought of him hearing me and not finding my lame little joke funny, but before I could properly despair. 

"Luka, the random stranger who tried to save a girl from catching a cold!" Rang throughout the empty park bringing a wide grin to my face, and before I could stop myself, I found myself hoping I could met Luka again. But when did. I wouldn't take joy in our meeting one bit. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Maa, maa, I've changed this chapter to act two instead, meaning I've decided that the real story starts here in act two! Meaning, this untrustworthy arthur has finally decided were she'll take this story, and it all starts here! In the past! Or she'd like to think...I really do hope I know where I'm going with this...*sweat drops* Anywho, I'm going off track. What I'm trying too say is: I've get an idea with what I wanna do with this story and that in my idea, this chapter is important.
So, with that, you have *drum roll* how Luka-pyon and Alice-chan met! I hope you liked it...(my sister said she liked chapter four better *sour face* she wasn't supposed to out right tell me that. *rises non-threatening fist in the air* I'll show her!)

Oya, oya, this AN is looong! Kufufufufu~ sorry bout that >__<

p.s. Not that anyone cares but: I wrote this and posted this with my iPhone. Aren't modern day whackmickdos great?

And, much love too: Braintumor4Breakfast and Sempiternal. for making me smile like I just found some really dirty yaoi! (When I get mylaptop back, I'll make sure to put links to your pages somewhere in this trainwreck, I'm too lazy to do it on this whackmickdo. Later *throws akward peace sign up* I hope you liked it at least a little bit.