‹ Prequel: You Can't Have Me
Status: after about two or so years, I fell in love with Abby and Brian all over again (COMPLETE)

All of You

FOUR OF FEW

I was four months along when Jimmy finally realised that there was something different about me.

We were sitting at a relatively empty bar and listening to a local band play, and I’d just turned down a glass of wine, opting to place my hands over my stomach and smile lightly at my friends that sat across from me. Jimmy frowned immediately, startling me when he reached out to grab my hand. “Wine doesn’t have that many calories, you know.”

I looked at him in bewilderment. “Excuse me?” I asked, glancing idly down to where he’d grabbed my hand. “What are you on about, Jimbo?”

Jimmy frowned, leaning in as though telling a secret. “I figured you were a little self conscious about your current change in shape. But I promise you that guys like girls who are a little curvy, and it can’t be too hard to lose the weight again.”

I blinked at him. “Ah, Jimmy?” I said slowly, “You do realise that I’m pregnant?”

He froze in his spot – perched awkwardly on the end of his chair and still leaning in towards me. If I had’ve pushed him slightly I was sure he would’ve fallen straight off. He blinked; once, twice, before his eyes slowly moved down to settle on my stomach. “There’s… a baby… in there?”

Alarmed, I nodded. He looked like he was about to burst into tears.

I felt someone nudging my arm and I turned to see Brian stared at me in uncertainty. “What’s going on with the big guy?” he asked softly, flicking his gaze towards Jimmy.

“He just found out I’m pregnant,” I said quietly.

A scoff could be heard from the other end of the table. “Don’t remind me,” Johnny grumbled, yelping when Lacey wacked him on the arm. “Another round?” he shouted towards the waiter after slamming down the rest of his glass.

Rolling my eyes, I turned to look at my husband again. “I thought you told them all weeks ago?” he said finally, eyeing his frozen friend in bewilderment. “Hell… your baby shower is in a few weeks.” He blinked. “Leana’s knitting you a blanket. How… how…?”

I shrugged my shoulders, before leaning up to press a gentle kiss against his lips. “I’m going to go to the bathroom.” I patted my slightly rounded stomach, and a goofy grin formed on his lips. “Baby’s got to pee.”

Pushing my chair backwards, I forced myself up and began to walk towards the back of the bar. I was just starting to get back pain, but I knew that it would only get worse as time went on.

I was halfway across the room when I felt someone’s arms wrap around my waist and I was pulled backwards against a lanky body. Letting out a soft yelp of surprise I stumbled a bit, falling back against this person’s chest. “I’m so proud of you,” said a thick voice in my ear. His chest was shaking a bit and his head was buried in the nape of my neck, his scruffy hair tickling the bottom of my chin. “You’ve made it so far.”

He pulled away then, and I turned around to see Jimmy standing there with a smile on his face and damp eyes. I smiled at him, reaching out to cup his cheek and giving him a heartfelt smile. “Thanks Jimbo,” I said quietly.

He knelt down in front of me, looking at me for confirmation before placing his fingers against my curved belly. Even though my dress was loose and the material was thick I could feel his fingers pressing against me and it made me smile. “You in there, baby?” he said quietly, cupping my belly in his fingers. “This is your Uncle Jimmy, and I’m gonna teach you all sort of things. I’m gonna be your favourite.” He looked up at me with wet eyes before pulling his hands away and wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in for a hug. “I knew you could do it, Abby,” he whispered. “Always knew you could.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So y'all don't seem too interested in this story, but that's okay. It's a little disappointing, but this is me saying goodbye to my characters as much as it is you guys having your chance to as well. Abby and Brian were my first real characters and to think that it'll all be over in a chapter or so is hard. So I hope you are enjoying it at least a little. Thanks for reading! <3