Perfectly Perfect Logan

Shake Shake

Logan’s P.O.V

A month has passed since Mia and I’s first kiss. We’re getting serious, I guess. I know everything about her; and she thinks she knows everything about me. I can’t shake off the feeling that she’s going to find out and when she will she’ll more than likely leave. She’s so cheery and happy, what reason has she got to stay? I’m trying my best not to tip off anything. At least I know I’m a good actor.

We’re at the school carnival. Mia says they hold it annually and they send the funds to different charities every year. She’s holding my hand right now as we’re waiting in line for popcorn and I can feel her body leaning onto my arm. My body’s getting hot but I try to shake it off. “My dad wants to meet you.” I mutter trying not to think of the skin of her chest brushing lightly against my upper arm.

“You’re Dad?” She seemed confused. If Mitch hadn’t shut his mouth last night this wouldn’t be happening right now. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not embarrassed of my folks, I just don’t want Mia around them. They know and she doesn’t. Someone will let it slip, then no more Mia. I’ll admit I’m infatuated with the girl. I don’t know if I can call this love yet. It’s like when I’m around her I can forget. I can pretend I’m not sick. I can pretend I’m not suicidal. I can pretend everything that had happened hadn’t, because she wasn’t part of that world. It was easier to believe all these things weren’t real as long as I’m with her.

“Yeah.” I pulled my arm up and put it around her shoulder then she wrapped hers around my waist. I smile and look down at her. She slowly stretches up to kiss me but barely reaches my lips and pecks my chin instead. So I lower my head to kiss her. I pull on her full lower lip with mine as she pulls on my upper.

Mitch had overheard me speaking to Mia on the phone. Logan has a girlfriend. He just sighed then continued drinking his soup when Dad had been asking me whom I’d been hanging out with so much recently. A girlfriend! His eyes widened as if this was shocking. We need to meet her then, he smiled, and her family! He seemed a little relieved too. I’m not sure whether it was because I had a girlfriend or that I wasn’t hanging out with a bunch of crack heads… or both.

“Oh and you’re sister too.” I break away from the kiss.

“When?” she sounds slightly irritated from the interruption.

“D-dinner,” I start slightly stuttering when I realize her irritation “tomorrow n-night.”

She laughs, “I’ll ask my sister and get back to you!” I’m relieved. Then she presses her head on my chest. “Weird how you barely talk about him.”

“I do talk about him!” I shook my head and look down at her.

“Barely.” She raises an eyebrow.

“Salted, buttered, or caramelized?” a husky voice asked. We peer up; it was our turn in the line.

“Salted”

“Caramelized.”

“Mixed.”

Mia laughed hysterically. As if the funniest scene in a Steve Carrel film had just played out in front of her. I don’t know how to explain this to you but that laugh makes my day. I manage a chuckle then kiss her on the head.
♠ ♠ ♠
My friends are going to kill me for posting this before I send them the chapter. I can't access my hotmail though! I prefer writing in Logan's P.O.V to be honest. It's so much more exciting! I hope you enjoyed this one! Leave a comment telling me what you think :*