Perfectly Perfect Logan

Call Me Crazy But I Think I Love You

Logan’s P.O.V

Dinner isn’t going as bad as I thought it would. A little awkward and I might be a tiny bit tense but nothing’s happened. Yet. Call me crazy, which I am considering… but I can’t help but feel exposed. Here are two people who have no idea about me being medically diagnosed insane sitting across the only two people that do know. Do you realize how stressful that is? To make sure no one let anything slip?

I sat my Dad and brother down the day before and tried to be as clear as possible that no one is to mention anything. “But Logan my boy, she’ll have to find out at some point.” He said after he’d agreed not to spill the beans. I knew he was right. I just wish he wasn’t.

“So you two live alone?” I hear my dad ask.

“Yeah our parents were having some sort of midlife crisis and decided to take off and travel the world.” Susie, Mia’s sister, explains. “They send post cards or call every once in a blue moon.” This kind of took us all aback at how open she was about their situation. She was saying it so casually as if she’d mentioned the sky was blue or something.

“Oh.” Dad nods but I pick up his surprised tone then I feel his eyes all over me but try not to look up from my food. I can just tell he has a sort of grim expression on his face, as if he was reminded of something he didn’t want to remember. Really, Dad! Right now? You want to remind us right now? As if it wasn’t already on our minds enough. I tried to kill myself for fuck’s sake! A lot.

“At least their parents have the decency to call.” I heard my brother whisper a bit too loudly so that everyone at the table could hear which caused a bit of an awkward silence, I must say. There goes our smooth sailing night.

“Mitch!” my Dad snapped.

“Calm down.” I looked up at my Dad and then shot my brother a look. “Can we just calm down?” My Dad looked at me flabbergasted then went back to his meal. If there was one thing I liked about my Dad it was his passiveness. Always came in handy.

“Sorry about that,” he apologized to Mia and Susie.

The rest of the evening went ok. Mostly just Susie and Dad talking about their jobs. I wasn’t really paying much attention. Afterwards, Mia and I secretly snuck up to my room. Susie left and my Dad assumed Mia did too. “Goodnight Dad!” I called from the stairway.

“Finally alone.” Mia sighed when I locked the door behind us. I smiled. She jumped on me and we kissed. And kissed. And kissed. I felt her soft hand against the side of my face, and then she moved the other one so that she was holding my face between her hands. She pulled me down closer and I started tugging on her hair. I’m not sure at what point we finally cooled off but she later changed into one of my pair of shorts and tees.

She stretches then flops down on my bed. “Eeeeeeeh” I’m guessing that was a sigh?

I tossed my button-up shirt aside and turned to her then laughed, “What was that!” She sat up and was about to open her mouth then looked at me then turned red.

“Logan, you’re shirtless!” She squealed, covered her face with a pillow then flopped back on her back. I quickly put a cotton shirt on and went up to the bed and pulled the pillow off her face. She looked up at me, startled. I kissed her on the forehead then I lay beside her and we quickly got under the covers. Mia put her head against my chest as I wrapped my arms around her back. I couldn’t help but notice how small and warm she was, like a kitten. Small, soft, gentle.

I think I know that I love her now. I think I realized it the moment I looked down at her face I saw her snuggled against my white t-shirt. “I love you.” I whispered. I was the first to say it and I meant it.

We cuddled. Just cuddled. We fell asleep like that too. I can’t say much except that this was probably the best night of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh the story's just starting my friends...! Please comment telling me what you think.