Perfectly Perfect Logan

She Is Love

Logan’s P.O.V.

I woke up before her the next morning, a ray of sun shone on the side of my face through the window by my bed, leaving Mia protected under the shade of the tree. Her body was still curled up against mine, and my arm still around her. Somehow this morning felt like something else; something new, unfamiliar. Like we’re one now, we’re a thing, we’re together and there’s no going back. Before, I would’ve said I wasn’t ready but something happened after I’d said the ‘love’ word yesterday. An indescribable feeling showered over me.

I know I love her. I really do. I’m not too sure why and how and when or where but I do. I don’t want to scream it at the top of my lungs. I don’t feel crazy or hysterical or spontaneous but a calm serenity. This is the way love should be, not like in the movies where they’re tearing each other’s hair out one-second, then eating each other’s faces the next. It isn’t that movie with the girl still yearning for her lost lover. Love isn’t wild, it isn’t free, and it doesn’t make people do crazy or stupid things. Love is Mia.

Her eyes flutter open and I look into them as she squints to look into mine. “Good morning Starshine,” I grinned, she scrunched her nose and smiled.

Mia’s P.O.V.

We waited until Logan’s dad left for grocery shopping before we crept downstairs. It was an awkward morning; I’ve never slept over at a boy’s house in my life. Logan wasn’t any boy, though, I remind myself. He was something else. He was a boy that loved me. A boy that was fine with just cuddling all night as long as I’m by his side. He was perfect. Perfect. Not a flaw. Nothing.

I don’t believe I deserve him.

---

“So?” I hear my sister’s fake-serious voice as I close the apartment door behind me. She was laying on the coach, holding a cup of tea in one hand while balancing her iPad on her knees and browsing with the other.

“Good morning, Mila,” I sighed.

“Anything happen I should know of?” She sat up and placed the cup and iPad on the coffee table, then gave me a skeptical look. She was pretending to be the responsible adult. It’s a show she puts on. She turns it on and off. I’m assuming it brings her some sort of pleasure. And it must be entertaining for her to see me so obedient.

“Not really…” I scrunch up my nose and ruffle my eyebrows then shake my head, “nope, nothing.”

“Well that’s a bummer,” she rolled her eyes then went back to the position she was in. And she switches back to sister mode… that was quick.

“I’m eating out with my friends for lunch,” I blurted out, “is that ok?”

“Sure.” She waved me off with her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the first chapter after a long long long break. It's been awhile, huh? I'm sorry it's not as eventful as I wish it'd be but I can't jump into everything right away! Thanks for reading! Leave comments and feedback, please :D