Pieces Mended

011

-Jade's PoV-

The next couple of days, past by in a blur; I worked two days in a row and I was exhausted. I walked to the abandoned house, but Bert had locked himself in to write some music for the band and wouldn’t let me in. It sucked, I really had no where to go. Well except a dumpster or I could try Quinn’s house. Though, I was always weary about going there without Bert. I felt he was more Quinn’s friend then I, and I just didn’t feel like imposing. Plus, his family didn’t like Bert and I as much as they liked Quinn’s other friends, I guess. I don’t know, they always gave us dirty looks.

I decided against my fear and try Quinn’s house. I walked down the couple blocks to his house and turned up his driveway. There were some cars in the driveway that I’ve never seen there before. They weren’t nice cars, but sort of beat up Junkers. Eh, who ever they were, at least they had their licenses.

I sighed once before raising my hand and knocking on the door. “Coming!” I heard a loud voice call. The door swung open and revealed Quinn, beer in hand. “Hey, Jade. What’s up?” He smiled.

“Uh, nothing much. Just exhausted. I was wondering if I could crash here for the afternoon or something. Bert locked himself in the abandoned house to write for your guys’ band.”

“Well, I have someone over right now.”

“Oh.” I said sadly. “Oh! Is it Madi?” He blushed and nodded. I smiled and giggled slightly, at how red his face.

“Shut up.” He said laughing slightly. “I can give you the house phone and you can call Jeph. I’m sure he’ll come get you and let you sleep at his house.”

“Oh yeah with his Mormon dad, who hates my guts.”

“It’s either that or sleep on the hard, cold street.” He said shrugging. I grumbled and nodded.

“Fine. But if I get killed for being in his house, I’m going to haunt you for the rest of your life!” I smiled, to show him I was joking. He motioned me to come in and I followed him into his house. As we passed the living room, I saw Madi sitting on the couch. I smiled and waved at her. She waved back with a small shy smile. I have to admit they were an adorable couple, even if they weren’t dating yet.

Quinn grabbed the phone and dialed a number before handing me the phone. I waited until I heard a cough and small, “hello?”

“Hi, Jeph?” I questioned. I didn’t even know if he had any brothers.

“Yeah?” He asked, having cleared his throat and I could definitely tell it was him.

“Hi. It’s Jade.” I smiled slightly at the rustling in the background.

“Oh, hey! What’s up? Where are you calling from?”

“Um, Quinn’s house. I came here to crash, but he has Madi over.” I said, with a slight frown. I realized this sounded really stupid; me being homeless, me having no where to go. “Uh, never mind.” I said going to hang up.

“Wait Jade!” I heard him, all but scream.

I sighed and put the phone back to my ear. “Listen, I’m sorry for calling and wast-“

“No, no, no.” He interrupted. “You’re not wasting anything, Jade. Do you want to come hang out with me? I’m just sitting here, playing some bass.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to impose or anything.”

“I asked, didn’t I? I would love to spend some more time with you.”

“Sure. I can walk to your house.”

“No, I’ll come get you. You’re at Quinn’s right?”

I nodded and then giggled. “Yeah.”

“Alright, I’ll be there soon.” He said with a slight happiness in his voice. We said our goodbyes before hanging up. I smiled widely and walked out of Quinn’s kitchen.

I looked into the living room as I passed and saw Quinn and Madi talking on the couch. “I’m heading out. Jeph’s on his way.” Quinn nodded. “Thanks for letting me use your phone. Be safe and use protection.” They both blushed wildly. I left the house and sat on the front steps.

I didn’t have to wait to long before I saw Jeph pull up. I jumped up and walked over to his car that was parked on the street. He got out and smiled at me. I smiled back, shyly and blushed when he opened my door for me. I got in and waited for him to get in himself. We drove in silence for a good five minutes before pulling up to a house, nice in size and looked to be nice over all. The house was in a nice neighborhood, and a nice area. I had been around here a couple of times, just roaming the streets, but never have I been in a nice house like it. I got out and smiled at Jeph, nervously. “My dad isn’t home. He’s at church or something.” He said shrugging before taking my hand and leading me inside.

He took me on a tour of his house, showing me the huge inside. I followed him to his room, as his last showing of the house. “Your house is really nice.”

“Yeah, but it’s not really home. Just a house built on lies and shittiness.”

I giggled. “Who knew you could be so poetic, Jeph.” He flashed me a smile and opened his bedroom door. His room was the complete opposite of the rest of his house. His house was bright and clean. His room had darkening curtains on the windows, and looked like a tornado destroyed it.

“I was going to clean up, but you didn’t give me much time.”

I walked farther into his room and turned to smile at him. “I like it.” I looked around at the band poster covered walls and the dark sheets.” Feels like home.” I sniffled at the memory of ‘home’. It had been a while since I thought about anything remotely close to Phoenix and home.

Jeph came up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I cried a little into his chest and grabbed his shirt like it was the only thing holding me together. I didn’t understand why something like this had to happen to me. It’s one thing to lose a sister, a best friend, and a mother, but losing them all at once plus a father turning to hate. I had to leave and everyone could call me stupid, if they want, but I believe it was the right thing to do. I had to go.

After crying, stupidly, for twenty minutes I pulled away from Jeph, and wiped my eyes. I notice some dirt coming off with it and looked at Jeph’s now solid shirt. “Shit, I’m sorry.” I said biting my lip.

He looked down and shrugged. “It’s fine. You look liked you needed that.”

I nodded and yawned. “Can I shower?” He nodded and showed me to the bathroom, even though I would have found it after the tour he gave me. “Thanks.”

”do you want to borrow some clothes? I might be too big but I have some b-ball shorts you can wear and a shirt."

I smiled at him and nodded. “Sounds great. Thank you.” He showed me where the towels were and how to turn on the shower, seeing as they had a fancy shower. I thanked him again and started stripping as he left.

After a nice long shower, I felt amazing. I loved taking shower, if I could I would every second of the day. But sadly, I can’t yet. I got out of the nice warm shower and wrapped a big fluffy towel around myself, I grabbed my clothes and shoved them in my backpack. Picking up my backpack with one hand, I walked out of the bathroom and to Jeph’s room. He sat on his bed, bass in hand. He hummed a song I had no idea the name of. I smiled at how concentrated he looked at getting the bass line down. It was cute in a way.

He looked up after he finished the song with a smile. He jumped about fifty feet as he saw me standing there. I giggled and walked over to him. “The clothes are right there.” He said slowly and pointed over to the dresser with the clothes on it. I bit my lip and looked at them but stayed put. I looked back at him and he seemed to be contemplating the same thing I was, what the other was going to do. I was standing pretty much naked in front of him, and we both didn’t know if the other was ready for that. We weren’t even dating, let alone kiss more then once.

But there was no doubt that we were attracted to each other. I know Jeph felt it too, because he got up and walked over to me. My breathing hitched as he put his hand up into my wet hair and pulled my face to his. Our lips met and it was amazing, just like the first time. His lips were soft and moved in perfect sync with mine. My arms wrapped around his neck and his other hand went to my hip, gripping it softly. I almost moaned at the contact. He led me to his bed and dropped me softly onto the bed. The towel was still against my skin, luckily because just as he reached for it, I had second thoughts. “Jeph.” I stopped him. He looked at me, lust covering his eyes. I shook my head. “I don’t… Not yet.” I said sadly. “I’m sorry. I just…” I trailed off and looked away from him, so I didn’t see the disappointment I was sure to cross his face.

“Jade. It’s fine.” He said tilting my face to look at his. “I didn’t mean to think that’s all I want from you. I remember you saying all guys were horn dogs.” He smiled at me at the memory. I giggled and nodded. I got off his bed and grabbed the clothes. “Hurry back.” He smiled at me. “And we can take a nap, okay?” I nodded quickly and ran off to the bathroom.

I threw the clothes on quickly before walking back to his room. We cuddled and took a nap just like he said. His arm was wrapped around me and I never felt so safe in my whole life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this story. Haha. I can write on it for hours before I realize it's getting a little long.
:D
Woooo go Jepha for not being a horn dog. ;D
Comment and all that fun shit. It's not that hard. You know you want to. :D

-Fun.Ghoul