Status: Short Story completed

The Pink Hat Girl

Chapter 2

Sidney’s car came at 4:30 and the girls headed to the arena. Lys knew what she had to do.
“Hey Max.”
“Hey baby” he pulled her into a kiss.
“We need to talk.”
“You’re picking Sidney.” Lys nodded
“You are a sweet guy Max and I had a nice time with you.”
“But a better time with Sid?” she didn’t know what to say.
“I’m sorry, goodbye.” She left to find her roommate.
“Lyssa, it’s Geno.” Alex stared at him.
“Hey you!”
“Sidney!” she ran over and gave him a kiss. “This is my roommate Alex.” Lys introduced, well tried to at first. “Alex!”
“What?” She snapped out of it.”
“Hey Geno got someone you should meet.” Geno turned around and his eyes fell on Alex.
“Geno, this is my girlfriend Alyssa and Alex her roommate.”
“Pleasure to meet you.” He kissed Alex’s hand. She blushed. The girls talked a bit before heading up to Sidney’s suite.

As the game progressed Lys noticed that Max was playing really violent and she knew why.
“Alex, what do I do? Max is playing like that because I rejected him.”
“Are you sure?”
“Positive.”

Meanwhile on the bench…
“Max why are you acting like this?”
“I think you know why.”
“Tell me.”
“You stole my girl, Sid.” And he jumped onto the ice for his shift. The horn sounded meaning the 1st period ended.
“Max, I know you’re upset but you need to focus on the game not her.”
“Easy for you to say. You have the girl.”
“Guys, she is one girl.” Jordan put his two cents in. “There are plenty of other girls out there man.”
“Not like her!”
“You hardly know her.”
“As do you.”
“But I know she likes me and not you.” Sidney spat. “I am sorry Max, that came out wrong.”
“Save it.” He walked away to his locker and listened to what the coaches had to say.

“Look he is playing less violent!” Lys stated to Alex.
“That’s good.” The girls watched the rest of the game. The pens won! They beat the Washington Capitals! Lys and Alex made their way back down to the locker room. Once there they waited outside so that the players could finish getting dressed.
“Max.” Lys grabbed his arm. “I am sorry things didn’t work out with us.”
“It’s okay Lys.” He turned to walk away but looked back at her. “Why him?”
“Oh Max, I just felt this connection with him. Not that I didn’t with you. But there was more of just a physical attraction with him.”
“Alright.”
“Hey we can still be friends and hang out.” He nodded and walked away. “You put him in the friends zone?” and Alex shook her head.
“I shouldn’t have said that?”
“Nope.”
“Sidney!” she hugged him when she saw him. “Great game.” They kissed.
“Thank you.
“Hey Geno great game too!” Alex and Geno stared at each other and smiled.
“Wanna hang out before we take you back?” Alyssa glanced at Alex. She knew Alex wasn’t a night person.
“Sure why not!” Alex concluded. Thankfully Alex didn’t have to teach the next day.
“Why don’t you guys come back to our dorm and watch a movie?” Lys suggested.
“That’s fine” Geno said. He was still looking at Alex. The guys finished getting dressed and decided to take Sidney’s Land Rover back to school. Once back they tried to sign the guys in but the prefect could barely talk. She just let them past.
“Welcome to our room!” stated Lys.
“This nice, ”Geno stated. Each roomie showed their man their side of the room. The room was set up with a common room in the middle and a bedroom on each side.
“This is nice.”
“Thank you” Lys told Sid.
“I bet this is were you dream about me.” He joked with her! “I will have to show you where I dream of you.” Lys blushed.
“What movie do you want to watch?” Alex asked as everyone moseyed back to the common room. Everyone shrugged.
“They Hangover?”
“I love that movie!” Sidney exclaimed.
“Me too!” Geno agreed. The girls pulled out the futon so they could cuddle with the boys, well Lys and Sid did at first. They soon fell asleep. Alex was starting to doze off and Geno put his around her.
Alex will you be me girlfriend?” he asked
“Yes.” She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. They soon fell asleep.

They woke the next morning around 8. Thankfully the boys didn’t have morning skate. They dozed back off until 10.
“Good morning.” Sid said. Lys stirred and rolled over.
“She is not a morning person.” Alex explained.
“Me either” and Sid went to cuddle with her.
“Lys you need to get up! We have to go to brunch and then today is laundry day!” Alex shook her roommate. Lys climbed out of the grasp of Sidney.
“I’m up, I’m up.” She said and Sidney followed. “Do you yinz want to join us?”
“You are a Pittsburgher.” Sidney told her and pulled her into a kiss. “But I would like to.”
“Me as well.” Lys went to change and the four headed to cafeteria. The girls used their bonus meals to get the boys in for free.
“What’s good to eat?”
“Some good things.” Replied Lys. The couples found a table before going their separate ways. As they walked around the room, people stopped and stared. They didn’t know if it was actually Sidney Crosby or not. “Do you want an omelet, babe?”
“Yes that sounds good.” They went to go stand in line but a murmur broke out around them and people kept moving out of their way. They slowly made it to the front of the line. Once back at the table they could feel all eyes one them. Just then one of Lys’ friends from Ad Club approached her.
“Hey Lys, why are Crosby and Malkin here?”
“After the game last night they came back to watch a movie and fell asleep so when we woke up we invited them to brunch.”
“Oh.” He looked away. “Are you dating?”
“Yes.” Sidney answered for her.
“So cool! I am Tony!” he shook hands with each of them and nearly passed out. They group finished their meals and headed back to the girls dorm.
“Goodbye Alex.” Geno pulled her into a kiss. “I miss you.”
“I will miss you too!” she kissed him again.
“Bye Lys. I will see soon.”
“Yes but talk to you tomorrow.” She smiled as she kissed him. The boys stepped into the Range Rover before they waved goodbye. This is the just the beginning of an awesome journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End. Hope you liked this short story.