Status: I'M BACK HELL YA!!

Two Worlds

Relaxation

I closed my eyes as Brian's hand continued to run down my arm. For some odd reason his touch sent a warming sensation through my body. It was like a feeling of being safe and that's something I've never felt before. Not even with Jayme. It could be the fact that he's so easy to warm up to.

"How about we go get breakfast for everyone." Brian said and I nodded as my stomach growled furiously with hunger reminding me of how long it has been since I last ate a decent meal. Brian's laughter was music to my ears. What the hell am I saying? Brian is Matt's best friend and that way he touched me was just a friendly gesture...wasn't it?

"Jade, earth to Jade?"

"What?" I asked as Brian knocked me from my uncertain thoughts.

"I asked if bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits would be good for everyone?"

"Sure." I said. I was so lost in thought that I never realized that we had gotten into his car and pulled into the parking lot of McDonalds.

"Is there something on your mind?"

"No I'm fine." I said as he pulled into the drive thru. Brian ordered the food and pulled up to the next window and paid.

"Your order will take a while sir. You can park over there and we'll bring your order to you." Brian nodded his head and pulled into a parking space.

"Are you thinking about Jayme?" Brian asked as he turned off the engine.

"Um..no Brian. I was just thinking that I need some relaxation. You know to take my mind off of things."

"So you have been thinking about him." He said.

"I didn't say that now did I?"

"You didn't have to. Jade he deserved every punch and kick that I gave his sorry ass. If he couldn't see what a beautiful strong willed woman you are then he doesn't deserve to be with you." Brian explained as he took my hand.

"I know all of that Brian. Trust me. I sat in that room playing over everything that has ever happened in my life including what Jayme did to me. I know he doesn't deserve me."

"Do you know what you deserve?" He asked before being his hand to my face and caressing my cheek. I shrugged my shoulders and he chuckled lightly. Brian leaned in close to my face sending shivers over my body.

"You deserve happiness." He whispered softly. His breath tickled my ear. We stared at each other until I heard footsteps coming towards the car. I looked out the back window to see 2 workers bringing the bags of food.

"Here you go sir. Please enjoy your meal."

"Thank you." Brian said with a friendly smile before handing the bags over to me. When Brian said that, I knew he meant the words that he said but...does it mean that he wants to be the one that brings me that happiness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~Brian's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled from the parking space and headed back over to Matt's. My eyes trailed over to Jade as she looked out the passenger side window. I don't know how anyone could hurt such a beautiful woman like her. Every word I told her was the truth and I came so close to kissing those full lips but the workers stopped me before I got the chance. There's just something about her that attracts me like a moth to a flame. I just want so badly to show her that she deserves the love and affection from a man that will do anything and everything to make her happy but how can I do that? She's Matt's daughter. I'm not even sure how he would feel about something like that. I just don't know what to do.

I pulled into Matt's driveway and shut off the engine. Jade and I got out of the car and went into the house to find everyone in the kitchen holding their heads.

"You guys and gals can't die on us yet. We bring food." Jade said with that gorgeous smile painted on her face.

"Jade, it's so good to see that you've come down."

"It sure is. What made you want to leave the room? I mean after everything we tried to do." Matt said as he hugged his daughter.

"I had time to...to think long and hard about the way Jayme treated me. I really appreciated how hard you all tried to consoled me but I was inconsolable for a while until I realized that he didn't deserve me."

"You damn right he doesn't deserve you. What would you like to do after we eat?" Val asked as she dug through the brown bags taking out the biscuits.

"I was thinking of a good relaxing day."

"That's a good idea. You girls go to the mall and the spa and just pamper yourselves relentlessly." Matt said digging into his wallet and pull out his credit card before giving it to his wife.

"Thanks baby."

"Alright eat up guys. We gotta be at the studio in an hour." I said taking the last 2 biscuits from the bag. Again my eyes went to Jade as she smiled and laughed with Jimmy as he made a joke at Johnny. I want to do something for her but I'm gonna have to think about what to do for a while before setting up anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~Jade's POV~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes after finishing the breakfast Brian and I had gotten this morning, the guys had left. A small recognizable ping sprang in my heart as Brian walked out the door and left for the studio. I helped Val clean up the mess that had been made before she went upstairs to getin a quick shower. The girls had left shortly after the guys to get back to their own home a to shower and change as well. It gave me some alone time to think about the way Brian had gotten so close to me. I was so sure he was going to kiss me but the food being brought to the car had stopped him from doing it. A place inside of me had ached to feel his thin lips on mine in a compassionate kiss but the fact that Brian is Matt's best friend, I didn't want to mess that long lasting friendship up. The sound of the front door opening pulled me away from my thoughts again as the girls were back after getting themselves looking presentable and not smelling of alcohol.

"You girls ready for a relaxing day?" Val said with a smile as she entered into the kitchen.

"Hell yeah! We're wasting daylight here." We all laughted at Leana's comment and we left the house and piled into Val's large SUV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh this is just the kind of day I needed to pull me out of the dumps of self pity. We first headed to the mall where trying on clothes was the first item on the agenda. Val insisted on buying me some new clothes from Hot Topic before getting several new pairs of shoes. After that, they took me over to their favorite spa and salon to be pampered like a queen. My hair was looking dull in color so I had it dyed black with bright red on the tips. It looked so good that I couldn't even believe it. Once that had been taken care of, we treated I ourselves to a good meal at a restaurant. It was certainly the best meal I had ever ate. The restaurant was some little Italian place that I couldn't pronounce but damn was it worth the money Val had spent.

"Hey girls how about we top this day of rest and relaxation with a trip to the beach?" I asked and a chorus of hell yeah came from within the vehicle. We each took a room and changed into our swim suits before going down to the beach.

I laid out my blanket and sat down letting the sand cover my toes. My eyes seemed to roam the surrounding area hoping that I wouldn't see Jayme anywhere. I knew if I had spotted him, Val and the others would be on him like white on rice. He wasn't worth the trouble but thankfully he was no where to be seen. A sigh of relief washed over me. He was the last thing I needed to see. I wasn't going to let anything ruin my day to relaxation. When the guys returned home from the studio, they joined us. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Brian as they played an interesting game of touch football. Seeing Brian smiling and laughing made me feel a real sense of happiness. I could never smile again if something bad was to happen with Brian. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for taking so long to update this story but as you all know and the last chapter on the author's note my dad was having open heart surgery on Monday the 18th. I found out from the doctors that he had 5 bypasses and amazed both me and the doctors that a man with diabetes could recover so fast. The day after surgery he was already up and walking the halls with the aid of a walker. The day I came home, which was yesterday, his chest tube was removed and so were his IVs. today he was released from the hospital and is doing very well. Anyway please remember to comment, recommend, And subscribe.