Status: I'M BACK HELL YA!!

Two Worlds

Troubled

I gasped and shot out of bed like a bullet leaving the chamber of a gun. Another nightmare had invaded my dreams but this one was more horrific than any I've ever had. The little girl in my dreams came back but this time she couldn't hear me or see me as the monsters repeatedly stabbed all over her body before desecrating her dead body. My father had sex with her. I tried to stop them but my hands went right through them and my cries went unheard. I had looked down at the poor girl's mangled corpse and her eyes opened before she let out the most terrifying scream I had ever heard. That scream of agony awoke me from the nightmare and made the sweat pour from my skin. Why am I having such terrible nightmares again? They were supposed to go away! I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

2:00AM

The dream had only lasted 10 minutes but the images are burned into my brain. There's no way in hell I'll be going back to sleep now. I took the nightly route to the bathroom where, for the 6th time this week, I splashed a handful of cool water onto my face. I left the bathroom after drying my face and I sat down on the bed. On the nightstand beside the bed, I grabbed a small notebook and a pen. Ever since the 1st dream, I wrote down what went on inside the dream and what I thought it meant. If there was a meaning behind them.

I can't seem to figure out the dreams. There's just so many questions running through my head about who the little girl is. Is she related to me? I'd she a random victim they took from a family to teat their sadistic minds with? God why does there have to be so many unanswered questions?! If I'm able to figure out a meaning behind them...I'll be sure to write about it. I wrote down in the dreams journal.

My eyes began to feel heavy with sleep. What should I expect? When I began writing it was 2 in the morning and now it's almost 3:30. I don't want to go back to sleep. I knew the nightmare would come back. I got back out of bed and quietly I left my room and went downstairs to find something that would help me stay awake. I pulled open the refrigerator and Val's iced coffee caught my eye. She always kept 6 cartons of the International Delight so she wouldn't miss a few cups of it. I carefully took a cup from the cabinet and poured out the creamy looking brown liquid before chugging it down and pouring some more. I took my glass to the living room where I laid down and stared up at the ceiling. Even with the iced coffee, my eyes were too heavy to hold open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~Matt's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got out of bed as the sun shone through the curtains of our bedroom. My mind immediately went to Jade. I can tell something is bothering her but I just can't put my finger on it. It's like she's got something on her mind that she's focusing so hard on to try and understand. I know it would be easier for me just to ask her what's wrong but I already knew she would tell me that it's nothing. I think I'll call Krystyn Raye at the Center for Abused and Neglected Children when we take our lunch break. I just need to find out if there's anything that Jade could've told her that she wouldn't tell the other staff members there about.

My thoughts had consumed me so much that the warm water was standing in had now turned cold and a good aroma was floating through the house. Val must be up and cooking breakfast. I hurried and dried off before dressing and I left the bathroom only to find Val still sleeping. Who the hell is cooking? Quietly I left our bedroom and followed the smell of bacon. I walked into the kitchen to find Jade busily working on the breakfast. A smile came to my dimpled features when a sweet humming sound came from my daughter. It was our song Warmness on the Soul. She hummed it so beautifully. Jade turned with a plate full of bacon and 2 bowls. One was filled with eggs for the 3 of us and the other had some homemade bacon gravy.

"Were you thinking that you were going to scare me or something Matt?" Jade said as she sat the dishes of food down the kitchen table.

"Would I do that?" She looked at me with a are you kidding looking and I laughed.

"I hope you're hungry." She said smiling as she grabbed plates from the cabinet. Even though she was smiling I could feel deep down in my bones that something was bothering her.

"I'll go get Val and Brian." I left the kitchen and went upstairs just as my bedroom and the guest bedroom door opened.

"What in the world smells so good down there?"

"Honey did you make us breakfast?" Val asked smiling.

"Nope. That delicious smell downstairs came from Jade's cooking."

"Well it certainly has my mouth watering." Brian said stepping around us and heading into the kitchen. Val and I joined them in the kitchen to eat buy seconds later the sound of the front door opening and several pairs of footsteps could be heard.

"I smell bacon!" Jimmy said coming through the kitchen doorway.

"Wait. Was Val the one doing the cooking?"

"Actually I did breakfast this morning." Jade said as she finished setting the table. The guys sat down at the table and began filling their plates.

"You might want to make you a plate before the food is gone Jade."

"I'm not very hungry. I'll eat later." Jade said before she left the kitchen. The guys all looked to me but I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure what was going on inside Jade's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During our lunch break, I called Krystyn Raye. We had a long talk about Jade. Apparently her nightmares start up ever so often causing her to lose sleep. My poor baby girl. I don't like seeing her in pain from some damn nightmare so Krystyn recommended that I try and get her to talk about what's going on in her dreams since she wouldn't explain to her or the therapists when she was there. I just got to figure out how to do that. How can I get a girl who is so troubled by nightmares to open up and talk about it? I see I have a real challenge ahead of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm very sorry that it took so long to update. Work has been super nuts lately and thankfully it's going to start slowing down a little bit here soon so you guys know what that means!! Anyways updates will come as soon as I can get more than 2 comments