Status: I'M BACK HELL YA!!

Two Worlds

Screams Fill the Room

"Hey Bri, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure what's on your mind?" I asked and Matt ushered me to follow him outside. I lit up a cigarette since we have a few more minutes before getting back to recording. Matt's face held the look of concern as I blew the smoke out through my nostrils.

"What's going on man?" I questioned.

"You know how I was telling you and the guys that Jade looked troubled about something?"

"Yeah but Matt I'm pretty sure she's still hurting over what Jayme did to her. I mean it would be understandable." I explained but he shook his head.

"I don't think that's it."

"Then what could it be?" I asked.

"I think she's having nightmares again but Krystyn told me that she won't talk to anyone about them. Your closer to her, I mean as a friend, and I was just wondering if you could somehow get her to open up and talk about what's going on with her."

"I can try Matt but what if she won't talk?" I inquired.

"Val has a friend who's a hypnotist and she's worked with a lot of people and children. We might be able to get her to open up and tell us what's going on that way. I mean if you can't get her to." I took one last long drag off of my smoke before throwing it on the ground and stomping it out. Before Matt had even said anything to me about this, I could tell something was up with Jade. I think all the guys could tell that she isn't getting enough sleep.

"Okay man. I'll try my best."

"Thanks Brian. I really appreciate this." Matt said patting me on the shoulder. We walked back into the studio and got back to work on our album.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~Jade's POV~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just feel so exhausted. These nightmares are the cause. For days I haven't been able to get a proper night's sleep. The little girl in the dream is wanting to tell me something but what is she trying to tell me? Why do dreams have to be so damn confusing? I want her to just come out and tell me instead of popping up at random times just to make me feel miserable!

Last night's nightmare has replayed over and over in my head giving me the worst headache in history. I grab an aspirin from the cabinet in my bathroom and gulp it down with some water. Maybe that will ease off my pounding head. With the lights turned off and nothing but the full moon to illuminate my room, I lay down in the large bed and pull the covers over my head. As the medicine began to kick in, I could feel my eyes closing with each passing second. Exhaustion mixed with medication, took me through a darkness filled with nightmares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A scene of a fiery blaze stood before me. A bonfire of sorts but with a smell that choked me. A white dress caught my attention in the burning flame and I looked around for something to put the fire out. A water hose attached to a spigot sat a few feet away from my. As fast as I could, I turned on the water and sprayed the fire. The water quickly put the fire out leaving smoldering embers on the wood. I dug through the rubble not caring if my hands were burnt or not. I pushed over a large piece of charred wood to find the little girl badly burned but still alive.

"Help! Someone please help!" I yelled as I carefully pulled her away from the embers. She looked up at me with agonizing pain in her eyes.

"Help! Why won't anyone help!"

"No one will come...because no one knows I even exist." The little girl said in a raspy voice.

"What do you mean?" The little girl coughed madly before gasping wildly for air. I tried my best to help her breathe but one last breath was all she had in her. The child died right there in my arms. Sadness overwhelmed me and a tear slipped down from my eye and landed on her cheek.

I looked down at her as the weight of her body got lighter and lighter. She was fading right before my eyes. I gripped her tighter to keep her from disappearing but it was no use. A bright light came out of no where blinding me. When the light was gone, a familiar place come into my sight. I was in my bedroom with my sleeping form laying on the bed. What's going on here? Am I having an out of body experience?

I left the bedroom and was back in the hallway of my old home. Slowly I walked down the hallway in fear of what I would encounter next in this fucked up nightmare. Suddenly a hand grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me into a room. Those dark eyes that belong to my father stared at me with hatred.

"You ain't nothing but a stupid bitch. A piece of ass I like to sell for our habits. You ain't ever gonna nothing more than that." His words were the same words he told me when he was high or incredibly drunk.

"Your father is right. You ain't nothing to us but a meal ticket. Now we intend to have some fun with you. So which will it be? The easy way or the hard way?" I struggled in his grasp but he slammed me against the wall and wrapped his large hand around my throat.

His grip tightened choking the life out of me. I clawed at his hand but he wouldn't let me go. His grip just got tighter. A hand appeared on his shoulder and he let me go. I coughed as I fell to the floor. I looked up as my mother gave the monster a knife. A knife appeared into my mother's hand as well and they came at me at once. Each thrust of the knife felt like piercing bullets. I fought back but there was nothing I could do. The strange little girl stood off in the corner hanging her head before letting out a horrific scream.


I felt myself being shaken as I fought against the hands that were on my arms. A death grip of sorts.

"Jade wake up!" The familiar voice pulled me from my fight. My frightened eyes opened expecting to see the monster of my nightmares but it wasn't. Brian looked at me with concern as he still held my arms. Tears broken from my eyes as my head fell onto Brian's chest. I felt his strong arms engulf me as I cried.

"It's okay Jade. It was only a dream." He said soothing me as he rubbed my back. He rocked me from side to side calming my fluttering heartbeat. Even though my nightmare woke me from my sleep, I couldn't stop my eyes from closing and slipping back into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~Brian's POV~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When that blood curtling scream came from Jade's room, I jumped up and ran into her room to see her flailing around in the bed as if she were fighting for her life. All I could do was try to wake her up and thankfully she did. Her tears of fright angered me. How could parents traumatize such a beautiful girl? Especially when it's their own child. I kept her in my arms as I felt her breathing even out letting me know that she had fallen back to sleep.

"Is she alright?" Matt and Val asked in unison as they came into her room.

"She's alright now. She went back to sleep."

"We really need to get her some help Matt. These nightmares just keep getting worse and worse." Val said sitting down on the bed and gently removing a strand of hair away from Jade's sweat soaked cheek.

"I told Matt that I would try and get her to open up to me first before going that route. I think she would rather talk to someone close to her than a total stranger."

"If you think you can do that then it's fine by me. I just want her nightmares to be over with and I'm sure she does too." Val said sympathetically. I want the same thing everyone does. I want her to not be afraid to go to sleep at night. I don't want her to be scared that the people who ruined her life and made it so damn miserable will keep coming during her most peaceful hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so very sorry that it took so damn long to update. I hope you all haven't abandoned me yet. Anyways please leave your thoughts about this chapter in the Comments section. I'd really love to hear from you all