Status: I'M BACK HELL YA!!

Two Worlds

Stress Relieved

It's been a little over a month since Brian told me that I could talk to him at anytime about my problems. Since that time, I separated from all contact with Brian. If I knew he was going to be showing up at the house I would leave. It's not because I hated him. It's because I wanted to have time to think. I didn't want to see him and chicken out on even privately talking to him. It took me many weeks of thinking to come up with the courage to send Brian a text. Now I'm nervously waiting for him to come over. Matt and Val had left for a day to themselves so it was the perfect time for this to happen.

"Jade?"

"In the living room!" I called back to him as I heard the front door close. Brian came through the doorway and right over to me.

"What's going on? Your text just told me to come over. Are you alright?"

"Not really." I said shaking my head as I looked down.

"What's wrong? You can tell me."

"I guess you noticed that I have nightmares." I said closing my eyes with a low sigh.

"What about them?"

"That night you witnessed what happens when I sleep was so damn embarrassing to me." I stated.

"I've dealt with nightmares before Jade. You don't have to be embarrassed."

"I still feel that way. I don't understand why I have them. I don't understand the meaning they present." I said frustrated.

"Tell me about them and maybe I can help you. I know I'm not a therapist or a shrink but I'm a very good listener." His words earned a slight smile to appear on my face.

"I don't even know where to begin." I said looking at him.

"Take your time. Start from the beginning." I took a deep breath and I felt Brian's hand rest on mine giving me that extra boost of confidence that I needed.

"My nightmares started a few days after the Texas Rangers rescued me from the hell I called home..." I said. As I told Brian about how each nightmare got weirder and weirder, the expressions on his face changed. It wasn't a look of disgust or pity but a look of sympathy and empathy. No it was more than that and I've never saw that before. It was a look of concern. That look kept me talking to him.

"I don't know who the little girl is. I've never seen her before but it's like I know her." I said telling Brian about the mysterious little girl from my nightmare.

"Maybe the little girl is you."

"I don't think so. She comes in every nightmare I have. Sometimes she can hear me and sometimes she doesn't but she always tells me 'no one knows that I exist'. That's what confuses me." I explained.

"I have an idea. It might be a long shot but then again it could give you answers to your unanswered questions."

"Please tell." I said anxiously.

"I have a friend who's a very good private investigator. He's very good at getting results. Maybe if you draw the little girl from your nightmare, he can somehow see if this girl actually exists."

"I have drawn her." I said opening the sketch book to the page of the little girl.

"If you want, I can call him right now and see if he can take this on." I nodded rapidly and Brian took out his phone before going out on the patio. I hope this won't be a waste of the man's time. A few minutes later Brian came back in with a smile on his face.

"He said he can look onto this. I have him all the information that I had and he'll update us on anything he finds."

"Thanks Brian. I can't tell you how much this means to me." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Anything to help my favorite gal in the while world." I felt my cheeks burn as a blush flustered my face.

"I promise that we will find this girl if she exists but until we do, I think it would be best if Matt and Val didn't know about it. You think that's a good idea?"

"Yeah. I don't want them knowing right now." I said truthfully. They could get the wrong idea or maybe even think I'm stupid. At least with Brian, I know he could never think that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really getting fed up with no one commenting on this story. I work so hard to give you guys a good story with good chapters and all I get are silent readers. Come on! I want to hear from everyone. If I don't see 3 new comments then I guess this story will not be updated again. I'm done with this crap.