Status: Updated every 3-5 days

Rush Of The Past

October 10, 2007

I had spent all of my free time in Baltimore with the boys from All Time Low and I didn't regret a single second of it. They were on their way to becoming my new best friends and replacing my roommate. Sadly, that wasn't going to be able to happen. Alex had spent the last two nights in my hotel with me just watching movies and talking until the sun came up. We told each other our entire life stories and how we got to where we are today. There was something magical, something I'd never felt. I felt as if he could go on and talk forever and ever about something as meaningless as a beanie and I wouldn't care because his voice is just that beautiful when he speaks and his brown eyes light up with such animation.''

"So you really have to go, huh?" Alex asked as he nudged into me. We were walking side-by-side on a small path leading back to my hotel from Jack's house. When he offered to drive, I refused. It was such a wonderful day and the weather was perfect, so why waste it?

"Sounds like someone doesn't want me to," I laughed a little and started to blush. He looked over at me and smiled, but instead of looking back at his face, my eyes shifted to my feet as I sighed. "You won't even remember me next week."

Alex scoffed. "Darling, you're someone that would be very hard to forget." I wasn't used to anyone using terms of endearment with me, but something in my heart told me I could get used to it if they always came out of his mouth. I started laughing a little harder than I should have. In fact, I laughed to the point where my face turned red and tears streamed down my face. Once I finally calmed down, Alex was staring at me with a smile.

"I'm sorry," I smiled back. "I am thee most boring person in the world, so that was a fantastic joke."

"It wasn't a joke - I find you endlessly fascinating." My entire body tensed up as I felt him move closer to me and brush a loose strand away from my eyes. My mouth trembled as he inched his lips closer to mine. In my mind, he tasted as sweet as candy and as delicious as honey. I wanted more, but I was taught to not be greedy.

He stepped back and looked away, shoving his hands in the front pocket of his skinny jeans. "I'm sorry," he apologized, "I've wanted to do that since the second I saw you and it was rather inappropriate of me to do so." He scrunched his face together, looking like he was slapping himself mentally.

A side of my lips went up and formed a semi-smile as I pressed my body against his, leaning my head against his chest and squeezing his body between my arms. "Will you be coming back, Eleanor?" Alex's voice was filled with fear, as if he was losing something important to him.

All I did was smile up at him. "This is the 21st century, Gaskarth," I reminded him. "There are such things as, well, cell phones - we can call each other, text, email, webcam, and other fun things." I winked at him as his cheeks filled up with a cherry-like color.

"That's true, isn't it?" Alex smiled and started to walk forward with me still attached to him. Instead of turning around and walking myself, I quickly put my feet on top of his.

"Got a problem, Al?" I laughed while he tried to pick up the pace. I was rather light and pretty short for being my age, but that didn't mean that he wasn't struggling. He started laughing along with me.

"Nope, not at all."

+++

The afternoon ended with Alex and Jack, Rian and Zack weren't able to come say goodbye because of prior commitments. It was completely understandable.

"You'll call me as soon as you land?" Jack stuck out his pinky and made me wrap my finger around his. I nodded and stuck my tongue out at him, blowing a raspberry. They brought me to the airport and were just dropping me off, making sure that I got to my gate on time.

"I'm only going to Chicago, dummy," I told him incase he'd forgotten. Alex happened to wrap his arm around my shoulder while his best friend kept talking to me.

"That's one time-zone over, miss!" I laughed at his child-like behavior, but I knew that I'd be calling Jack as much as I could - or that he'd be calling me as much as possible, actually.

Alex sighed. "She'll be fine, okay?" He assured his friend jokingly. Jack shook his head and started to frown as he hugged me. I had no idea that being in Baltimore for four days would give me new friends, especially these ones.

"I'll see ya' soon, El," Alex wrapped his arms around me tightly. I felt him slip a note into the pocket on my coat, but I bit my lip and didn't mention it. Alex planned on coming to Chicago for a few days in November if we were still talking by that time, at least. I had no intentions of him keeping his plans, so I didn't get my hopes up.

"Later, Al." I smiled as the musicians walked away from me, overhearing a conversation Jack immediately started about how Alex looked like he was falling in love. I giggled to myself and quickly pulled out the note he had "sneakily" put in my pocket.

Eleanor,
I know we just met, but something tells me that we were destined to meet. I'm buying my plane whenever you call me next. Those nights we spent together, talking endlessly, felt special.
You're as beautiful as a song - in fact, I may just put you in one if you'd allow me to. Just call me when you're home. Hell, call me any time of the day because it won't matter what I'm doing, I'd just love to hear your voice.
For however long we're apart, you'll be a daydream away. If that sounds creepy by any means, then just tell me.
I really like you, El.
-Alex


This smile wasn't going to leave my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again!
Thank you to theparaset and xXDestriXx for their lovely comments.

Thank you to all the subscribers, I love you all and I will update very, very soon. (: x