Status: Completed!

Just a Walk in the Park

Part 2. Food Fight

‘Darren, what are you doing here and why are you soaking wet?! You must be freezing!’ You say as you beckon him in while taking his jacket off.

‘(Y/N), I’ve been standing outside your place ever since I left and then it started raining and I didn’t know what to do, I can’t just say goodbye to you, today was honestly the best day ever, spending it with you and singing and talking, it just felt so special! I just need you in my life’ Darren says running out of breath as he gets it out in one go.

You’re speechless and don’t know what to say.

‘Oh man, I’m being ridiculous aren’t I?’ he says as he starts to turn to leave. You put your hand in his and pull him back.

‘Hey, hey,’ you push his head back up to meet your eyes, ‘I missed you the minute you walked out of here, today has been the most special day ever’ you reply, Darren looks up straight into your eyes, and you’re slightly breath-taken.

Darren looks pretty good with dripping wet hair and those eyes are just beautiful, you think as you laugh to yourself,

‘Hey what’s so funny?’ Darren smiles.

‘Oh nothing, I was just thinking about how silly your hair looks when it’s dripping wet,’ you answer, teasing him and laughing.

Darren just stands there laughing, ‘Oh you think I look silly do you?’ he jokes, ‘Well why don’t you come here and give me a hug?’ he starts walking towards you, arms open, in soaking wet clothes. You start running away as Darren chases you,

‘No, no, no, no!’ You squeal as you climb over furniture to avoid him. He finally catches you and holds you close, arms around your waist looking at you with a big grin on his face, but then he starts tickling you frantically.

You can’t help but let out your really loud laugh as you try to squirm out of his grip, finally he stops,

‘This…is..war!’ you say as you try to catch your breath, but you can’t help but smile at Darren’s smug face.

‘Really? Well we’ll see about that,’ Darren laughs as you compose yourself and give him your evilest stare.

‘Yes! We will see about that!’ you point out as you walk warily past him, just in case he tries to catch you again. Darren laughs at you as he pretends to grab you again, ‘I could just kick you out into the pouring rain again, you know?’ you tease, but Darren puts on the puppy-dog face again,

‘Don’t use that face on me! It’s not going to work!’ You say as you’re just about to crack, you run away hearing Darren’s laugh in search for a towel.

When your back you spring on Darren and try to mess up his hair with the towel while he tries to run away. You both end up in laughing hysterics on the floor,

‘I told you I’d get you back’ you say playfully, ‘I think we’re even now!’ you take Darren’s hand as you get up, you hand the towel back at a laughing Darren.

He cleans himself up and you both sit down on the sofa talking about silly little things. You suddenly have an idea and you get up and grab your guitar. When you sit back down Darren looks at you suspiciously, but instead of giving anything away you burst into song.

You start singing a song about ‘Darren’s unfortunate coffee spillage’. As you’re singing you look to Darren and see him laughing and trying, but failing, to act offended, you just carry on and when you get to the end you stand up and bow dramatically. You sit back down,

‘So what did you think? Do you think it could sell millions? I think I could become famous with that song,’ you say smirking, ‘Now we’re definitely even!’

‘This game is unfair! I’m gonna get you back for that! And another thing the coffee stain did not look like I’d wet myself, your song lies!’ He says as he takes the guitar back and places it on the stand.

You both laugh at eachothers playfulness.

‘So, are you staying for dinner, or will you be too busy plotting evil plans to get me back?’ You joke.

‘Hmmm well making evil plans is kind of a huge priority but I’m sure I can squeeze in dinner with you!’ Darren teases you.

‘Okay so what will it be, I make a fine macaroni cheese buuut we could just order takeaway?’ You ask laughing.

‘I don’t mind, this macaroni cheese isn’t an evil plan of yours to get back at me….again! Is it?’ Darren says smiling.

‘No! Of course not!’ You reply with a hint of sarcasm to tease him.

‘Well how about you make macaroni while I attempt to help you with my amazing cooking skills?’ He says with a wink.

‘Deal!’ you reply as you both race to the kitchen.

It turned out that Darren was possibly the worst cook imaginable, you ended up making the dinner while Darren raided your cupboards for supplies. Then just to tease him even more about his cooking skills you decide to make a cake.

Darren starts helping you stir the mixture by coming to stand behind you, he wraps his arms around you and holds your hands. Just as you think this will be a really sweet moment Darren grabs the spoon and flicks it in your direction.

You start having a food fight!

You’re both laughing as you try to duck behind the table and chairs, Darren ends up chasing you around the kitchen and then you both come face to face with eachother.

You both stop waiting for the other to make the first move. Then you both look at eachother and start smirking at the state of yourselves. While you’re covered in egg and chocolate sauce Darren is covered in flour. You start laughing as you close the distance between the two of you and ruffle his flour-filled hair, it goes everywhere.

You stand there both in hysterics and when the laughter finally dies down you realise how close you are. Darren’s looking at you and you start to feel self-conscious…

Ugh! I bet I look so gross with egg hair and chocolate sauce all over myself.

… You start to blush as Darren gently brings his hands up and cups your face,

‘I don’t care what you think, I think you look beautiful!’ he says as he slowly moves closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
So part 2! WARNING - Contains a lot of teasing! ;)

I really enjoyed writing this one... for reaseons ;) so i hope you all enjoy it!! :3

Part 3 is coming soon --- i change things up a bit and lots more drama! :)