Status: Completed!

Just a Walk in the Park

Part 24. Paparazzi

You'd finally properly settled down in your new home and you'd divided the chores between you because you definitely didn't want to be the one clearing up both their messes. Darren had some time off Glee which meant you could spend more time together.

Darren took you to a fancy restaurant and it was amazing and really romantic but the only problem was the paparazzi. They followed you and were taking pictures of you which of course you didn't mind but it was just like, why couldn't they mind their own business?

You'd been getting a lot of this recently, you wondered why because everyone knew you and Darren were together and that him and Kirsty were over. You couldn't work out why they were so interested in both of you, I mean it's not like you're a supermodel or anything so why would they want photos of you?

You were kind of getting sick of them but you didn't want to mention it to Darren because this would just worry him and you didn't want him to worry, you could handle yourself.

You decided today was a good day to go jogging so you'd put on your running clothes and said bye to Daren and Joey, then you plugged yourself into your music.

You started running round the block through a park nearby and you couldn't help but feel like you were being followed. You decided to slow down slightly and stopped your music. You looked behind you but couldn't see anyone so you decided to go sit on a bench and take a break.

You were sat there taking a sip of water and looking through your phone when you were suddenly surrounded by a million flashing lights and people shouting your name and asking you questions about yours and Darren's relationship.

You were terrified. You had no idea what to do so you just got up and pushed them out of the way. You were fed up with them tormenting your life. Why did they have to follow you everywhere you went? Have they ever heard of personal space? Obviously not. You thought as you ran away from them with tears forming in your eyes.

You were so scared but this was just turning into anger and for some reason you blamed Darren for all this. It wasn't his fault but it seemed logical to you. This had happened too many times recently and it was just boiling up inside of you.

He was the reason all this was happening. You're not the famous one, he is. Darren's the one the fans scream over, he's the one people go crazy for, and he's the one that brings the paparazzi into your life.

You felt your face flush as you stormed back to your home. You fumbled to open the door which just irritated you even more, when you finally got it open you slammed the door shut.

You heard Darren calling your name, '(Y/N)? How come you're home already? That was a quick jog.'

His voice was getting louder and you didn't know what to do as you paced back and forth in the hallway when finally Darren rounded the corner, this was when you just exploded,

'(Y/N)? What's wrong?' he said as you turned to face him,

'I can't handle this anymore Darren! Those stupid vultures are just following me everywhere! What am I supposed to do? Just hide indoors forever!' and this was when you said something you immediately regret, 'This is all your fault. Everything happens because of you. They're ruining my life because of you.' You weren't even looking at Darren as tears fell from your face, 'I just, I don't think I can do this anymore.' you just manage to get out as you fall apart right in front of him.

Meanwhile, Darren was standing there frozen in place, you hadn't even looked at him, you were just ignoring him as you rambled on, you didn't even notice the tears that started rolling down his cheeks as you turned to rush out the door or when he tried to reach for you.

You ran outside with the anger still there. The paparazzi had followed you so you were hit with beams of white light as you rushed through them trying to hide your face. You didn't want them to see you like this and you certainly didn't want to give them a reason to follow you anymore. So you ran. You ran away from all your troubles not knowing where your feet would take you but you didn't care anymore.

You were now sat in your old house, you hadn't managed to sell it yet so you thought it'd be a good place to hide in. Tears streamed down your face, as you tried to put the pieces together as to what just happened,

'Why did I do that? Why did I say those things to Darren?' I'm so stupid! I've just ruined our relationship forever.' You say out loud to yourself.

You just wanted to hide away, you could never face Darren now, not after saying those horrible things to him.

You went and sat on the window seat in your bedroom and stared out of the window, listening to the different sounds of the traffic and kids running, having fun in the park. This was when you realised something. All of those things you said to Darren before, you told him you'd never say goodbye to him and now look at what's happened.

You didn't know what to do as the sky faded into night time. You love Darren with your whole heart but you didn't know if you could handle the pressure that comes with him. You couldn't think straight as you drifted in and out of sleep.

You didn't really know what you were doing as you got a pen and paper and started writing Darren a note,

'Dare… I'm scared. I don't know if I can handle the paparazzi. I don't know if I can handle the life that comes with you.

I didn't want you to have to worry about me and now I've gone and said some things that I didn't mean and you're probably mad at me.

I don't know what to do Darren. I don't know how you can handle it all.

I just want you to know that I love you and no matter what happens I always will.

Love, (Y/N)'

The note was stained with your tears and sometime in the night you managed to get up and lie in your old bed where you eventually fell asleep holding the note.

You could feel the morning sun streaming in through the window as you woke up. You didn't want to face today. You didn't want to face any day that came now.

You'd finally opened your eyes on the world as you stare around ay your old apartment. There was dust everywhere and random boxes and bits of furniture you hadn't bothered to take to Darren's yet. Then you see the note lying on the edge of your bed. You burst in to tears as you stare at it,

'Darren should have been here by now. He should have seen the note. Why isn't he here. He always comes and finds me.' you say to yourself with tears streaming down your face, 'He must really be mad for saying those stupid things, why did I do that?'

You start getting annoyed all over again as you blame yourself,

'I should've just said something to him about how I couldn't handle the press but no, as usual, you decide to go and get angry at him and be all dramatic.' You beat yourself up as you hug your body tightly.

Staring at the note, you read it over and over, you decide it wasn't right at all and right another one,

'Darren.

I should've come clean straight away. I don't know why I said those things Dare. I was being completely stupid and you must hate me now. But… I love you Dare.

You are the love of my life. I'm never saying goodbye to you. Remember.

I really miss you. I miss you holding me and telling me everything's going to be alright.

I don't know what I'm gonna do without you.

I need you… so much.

Love (Y/N).'

You decided to put both of these in an envelope saying Dare on the front. You had a plan, well didn't you always, you think to yourself as you seal the envelope.

You grab your things and rush out your door.

You run to Darren's, where you belong, hoping it wasn't too late.

When you finally get there you rush up to his door place the envelope in front of it and knock on the door as you run across the road and hide.

You watch tentatively as Joey opens the door. He sees the note and calls Darren over. You look at Darren. He hadn't changed his clothes and his hair was all scruffy, he obviously hadn't gotten any sleep.

He picks up the envelope and opens it frantically. He reads your first note, you don't know why you left that one in there but you felt he needed to read both of them. You can see that he slumps a bit after reading that one, you wonder why, maybe he really isn't mad. Then he reads the second one and looks up out to the street,

'(Y/N)? (Y/N)!' he calls your name as he rushes to the middle of the road looking everywhere and spinning on the spot.

This was when you came out from you hiding spot.

You came and met him in the middle of the road where he finally sees you he goes to say something,

'Wait. Before you say anything I just want you to listen to what I have to say, please?' you say hoping he wouldn't just burst into a rage.

Darren nods his head waiting. You close your eyes taking a deep breath in. then you push play on your cd player as you sing to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Authors Note: First of all... I'm sorry for not posting, I've been really busy, it was my birthday and I kinda went out a lot so I didn't have time to write anything. I know, it's not a proper excuse... forgive me? Please.

Anyway. I've finally updated and well... yeah. Here you go!

Thanks for all your comments. So you guys want more detail in bedroom scenes... I guess I can do that! ;)

oh and also the surprises... I kinda agree with you there... I put too many surprises in right? Well that's about to change. Things are getting serious with you two and so they might be getting a bit more exciting with certain things... I don't wanna tell you guys yet but you'll soon find out.

Next time - All I'm gonna tell you guys is the song being used... I Wouldn't Mind by He Is We. Have fun listening to it and trying to guess what's going to happen ;)