Status: Completed!

Just a Walk in the Park

Part 3. The Kiss

Oh God! Oh God! He’s about to kiss me! What do I do? I’m not ready for this!

You grab a some flour throw it in Darren’s direction just in time as you run out of his grasp bursting into laughter,

‘Gotcha!’ you say while feeling horrible for what just happened.

‘Oh you’re going to get it now!’ Darren seems slightly phased by your outburst, and a little disappointed, but it soon disappears as he grabs some flour too.

Ugh! Now I feel terrible! Why did I do that? Darren’s a nice guy… he was going to kiss you and you just … you just … now he’ll think I won’t like him! Ugh!

‘Okay, okay I’m sorry for throwing flour at you, please forgive me?!’ you run away from him as you squeal, ‘We should call a truce! Hey! That’s a good idea… no more flour throwing?’

Darren laughs and drops the flour back down but still runs towards you.

He grabs you in a tight embrace and teases you with his flour stained hands. You both laugh in hysterics as you realise,

‘Oh no! The macaroni! I forgot about it,’ you rush off to the oven.

You open it with Darren,

‘Looks like we’ll be settling for takeaway after all!’ You say giggling.

‘We’re just a disaster when it comes to cooking aren’t we?’ Darren says and teasingly pulls faces at the burnt macaroni,

‘No, no, no, you’re the disaster! I’m seriously going to have to teach you how to cook!’ You smile at him.

‘Hey! What’s wrong with microwave food! It’s always worked for me and look how I turned out!’ He exclaims as he tries to get out of your cooking lessons,

‘So you’re saying microwaved food turns people into curly-haired hobbits who like to throw food in other people’s kitchens!’ You tease him.

‘I am not a hobbit! I may have hobbit-tish features but that does not make me a hobbit… and anyway you’re shorter than me!’ He points out as he nudges my shoulder.

Your whole body tingles at Darren’s touch,

Seriously, body, what are you doing?! Why do I feel like this?….You look to Darren and smile to yourself … he is so handsome and lovely!

…’And I’m sorry about the food but.. you started it!’ Darren says taking the macaroni out of the oven.

‘Oh, I started it did I? Well… does this mean anything to you?’ You grab the spoon that Darren used to start the food fight with and walk over to him, teasing him, you tap his nose with the spoon making it become covered in cake mixture.

You laugh at him sweetly as you lick the spoon.

‘Well okay maybe it was kind of my fault, I’ll do anything for you to forgive me though!’ Darren pouts at you.

‘Hmmm, I’ll have to think about that one!’ You say walking away from him.

‘Wait!’ Darren runs up to you, ‘does that mean I’m forgiven or not?’ he pulls a sad face again.

‘Okay, my only wish is…. that..,’ you get some confidence and just say what you want, ‘..you stick around’ you say with longing, ‘Otherwise I think I might have to go on a Where’s Darren? hunt because I’ll miss you so much!’

‘Your wish is my command, my lady!’ Darren says with a bow, pretending to be a genie.

You giggle as Darren picks you up and twirls you around before putting you on your sofa. He comes round and sits next to you,

‘Well, it’s official, I have to stay now, your genie granted your wish!’ Darren laughs but you can see the longing and want in his eyes, as if he really did want to stay.

‘Well I’m glad about that or I might’ve had to fire my genie! He’s very useful, the only problem is that he can’t cook… I mean all genie’s should be able to cook, it’s like a necessity!’ you look up at him with a big grin on your face.

‘Your never gonna let this go are you..?’ Darren says as you shake your head frantically, ‘Well maybe I’ll let you teach me a thing or two about cooking….maybe!’

Your face lights up with excitement.

‘This is going to be so much fun! You have no idea what I’ve got lined up for you!’ You say with a smirk.

‘I don’t know if I should be worried or not!’ Darren says with a scared look on his face.

You just carry on laughing. Darren carries on looking at you sweetly,

‘What are you smiling at?’ you say with a smile,

‘Oh nothing! Just thinking about how great a day it’s been, how much I’m grateful for meeting you today…’ Darren says and you can’t help but feel guilty about earlier….

Why didn’t you kiss him? You should have kissed him, that was the perfect moment!….

You start to blush as you look down to your hands which Darren’s are holding, you look up to him,

‘Well I’m glad you’re grateful, I haven’t had this much fun in ages!’ you reply and can’t help but feel a little flustered over what he just said, ‘So how about that takeaway..?’ you laugh as you hear Darren’s tummy rumble.

‘I think it’s about time we ate something!’ Darren says smiling at you.

Once the pizza came you spent the rest of the talking and laughing not once is there a point where you have nothing to talk about. You end up finding out about all the gossip on Glee and you totally gleek out infront of him which embarrasses you but Darren just smiles at you and calls you adorable. The evening was coming to an end and you clear up all the food as Darren picks up his things,

‘Thanks for dinner and …. everything!’ Darren says,

‘Hey, anytime!’ you reply but can’t help feeling a bit upset that the night went by so fast.

You both walk to the door,

‘Next time I’ll have to come round yours, so I can vandalise your home!’ you tease him,

‘Sounds like a plan!’ Darren smirks.

He looks to you and his face turns serious as he starts to move in on you again. You start looking down at your feet,

‘What’s wrong, did I do something?’ Darren asks with a concerned look on his face,

‘No, no it’s just…. well.. I’m not used to having guys round my house and teasing with them…. This is going to sound really stupid.. but..’

‘What is it .. you can trust me, you know’ Darren says,

‘Well… I’ve actually… never been kissed.. and I panicked earlier because I don’t want you to get to know me better and then end up not liking me, I’m not used to guys liking me that way,’ you rush to get it out of your system.

Darren just smiles,

‘Hey! It’s not funny!’ you feel embarrassed,

‘I wasn’t laughing, I actually think it’s really adorable and well I don’t understand why any guy would turn you down, you’re funny, beautiful, lovely and you know how to make a food fight!’ Darren replies.

You’re slightly taken aback as you smile up at him. Then instead of kissing you he takes you in for a hug, you smile to yourself, as you pull out of the hug you look up at him again and you move in to kiss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 3..... so this one has more drama in it and well the food fight was fun.. ;)
So I don't really know where this idea came from I just started writing it... I hope you enjoy it...

Coming up..... Part 4, we dive more into Darren's life and his work at Glee....