Status: Completed!

Just a Walk in the Park

Part 4. Calls And Texts

The kiss was short and sweet as you pull back,

‘Oh.. err.. sorry I.. err.. didn’t mean to.. oh god, I’m sorry..’ you stumble out as you look back down,

‘(Y/N) I’ve been wanting to kiss you all night,’ Darren says bringing you towards him in another hug.

Oh my god! You just kissed someone and that someone was Darren Criss! You’re first kiss was with Darren Criss!

You start to blush again as Darren laughs cutely down at you,

‘Don’t laugh at me,’ you say smiling and embarrassed as you gently hit him in the arm, Darren looks hurt,

‘I’ll have to remember that for next time, don’t laugh at (Y/N) when she blushes because she’ll attack you,’ he exaggerates as you laugh at him even more.

You finally say goodbye as Darren cheesily writes his number on your arm as he says, ‘Call me,’ with a wink on his way out.

You spend the rest of the night processing what just happened as you clean up the kitchen and lie down in your bed. You decide to text Darren,

You: Sweet Dreams! I hope you got back okay, without bumping into anyone else’s coffee ;)

Darren: That’s not fair! :( I did get back okay thanks and I’ll definitely have sweet dreams now that I’ve met you! ;)

You lie in bed smiling stupidly at your phone…

You: You’re the cheesiest person ever, you know! :)

Darren: I know! It comes with my charm ;)

You: Well your charm isn’t going to work on me tonight! Goodnight Darren! ;)

Darren: Fine! But maybe tomorrow… Goodnight! :)

You finally go to sleep with a smile on your face.

When you wake up you’re greeted to loads of adorable texts from Darren trying to use his ‘charm’ on you,

You: This is not going to work on me!

You text determined not to let it get to you.

Darren: Just wait and see… ;)

Now you were just curious. You knew he had Glee rehearsals today so you wouldn’t be able to see him. Then you get another text from him…

Darren: Look outside your door…

You rush to your front door and open it. You find a beautiful bunch of tulips on the ground,

He remembered my favourite flowers from last night!

There was a note,

‘(Y/N), these are to brighten your day, I know you’ll miss me. ;) Love D’

You hug the note as you pick up the flowers and put them in a vase.

Okay maybe his charm has gotten to me a bit…

You enjoy the rest of your day blasting music and dancing around your apartment, you couldn’t be happier as you keep reading the note and eventually put it in your memory box and can’t help but feel a bit embarrassed,

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with keeping it… but if Darren ever found out..

You laugh to yourself as you think of what he would say to you when he finds it. You realise that Darren has managed to brighten your day as you smile and try to write some songs on your guitar.

by the time you finish up on your guitar you see that it’s getting late and you wonder if Darren’s finished at the Glee set.

You: Hii! Thanks for the flowers they were perfect, I love them! Have you finished up at Glee yet? How was your day? :)

You don’t get a reply which you think is odd but you just think he stayed at work late. By the time you’re getting in bed to go to sleep you still haven’t had a reply from him,

I don’t want to annoy him with millions of texts,

You think as you decide not to text him and go to sleep feeling slightly worried.

You wake up from a long nights sleep remembering what you were dreaming about,

That was the worst dream ever, how could I think that?

Your dream was about Darren never replying to you and then you eventually find out he’s fallen for somebody else,

I’m so silly that could never happen… right?

You’re slightly anxious as you go about your day, again, not hearing from Darren,

What’s wrong with me? He’s probably just working really hard!

You think but can’t help but feel a bit annoyed that he didn’t reply to your text from last night.

Eventually you try to ring him, you wait and wait, but it just goes to voicemail.

You don’t know what to do,

What if he just doesn’t want to talk to me, maybe I’m expecting too much of him, we’ve barely known eachother!

So you leave it until the evening when you finally get a call from him,

‘Hey, sorry (Y/N), I’ve just been so busy with Glee, it’s hectic at the moment and last night I was just so tired I just crashed when I got home, I’m sorry for not replying’ he rushes out

‘Oh Darren, don’t worry about it,’ you say with huge relief, ‘You need your sleep! How was work today?’

‘It was okay,’ he says half-heartedly.

‘Hey what’s wrong? Did you have a bad day?’ you ask feeling bad for texting him all day.

‘Oh it’s nothing just the usual Glee manic-ness.. don’t worry about it.’ He says with a sigh.

You decided to drop it because you can tell he doesn’t want to talk about it.

‘Thank you very much for the flowers, you remembered my favourite!’ you say with a smile on your face remembering the note.

‘I told you my charm would work on you!’ Darren says finally sounding happy.

‘Well, I wouldn’t say it was your charm, more like you buying certain things that you know will make me smile and like you even more…’ you tease him and hear him laugh at the other end,

‘Oh well maybe I’ll have to keep buying you gifts if you like me more now, and then you won’t be tempted to spill coffee over me again!’ Darren jokes back.

You end up talking for the rest of the night and when you finally say goodbye and lie back in bed you’re pleased you could cheer Darren up,

He must have had a really rough time at work these past couple of days…. Maybe I could surprise him tomorrow..

You decide to stay up all night preparing something special for Darren.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so part 4… there’s some drama in this and some really fluffy and cheesy stuff so enjoy! :3

This is kind of two parts, so part 5 will lead on from this...

Next Time -- your surprise is put into place, we meet some new people and we find out why Darren is sad.... *mysterious face* ;)