Status: Special thanks to dawn of light for the lovely layout! Huggles for you! [COMPLETED]

Pranksters in Crime

We've got a bit of love-hate

Zayn could not comprehend how Louis Tomlinson's mind work sometimes. Eventhough he had literally been "living" together with the sassy lad, along with three other boys his age for the past two years or so, he and Louis got into the most arguments among the rest of them. The older lad was very temperamental, in which whatever little thing would either trigger his comical side or drove him livid. The both of them should be having similar characteristics since they were born under the sign of the Capricorn, but Zayn and Louis were as different as night and day. They each let their egotism get the better of them.

Louis was trying to coax him to get in on the act of pranking Harry, Liam and Niall on Nickelodeon's Prank Night. Zayn was staring at the hyperactive lad, who was currently disclosing what the people at Nickelodeon had came up with.

"So you see, Zayn? Stephanie would pretend to give birth on set and we'll see how the others react to it! It'll be a riot!" Louis was grinning so broadly, Zayn thought his mouth was going to split.

"Uh-huh. So you're telling me this because?" Zayn arched his right eyebrow, giving Louis a suspicious look.

Louis rolled his eyes dramatically. "Are you being daft on purpose, Zayn? The producers told me that I'm allowed to rope in another of my mate for this prank."

"And you chose... Me?" Zayn questioned, dragging each syllable.

"Yes! Duh! Of course I chose you!" Louis smacked his own forehead lightly. "Why would I tell you my plan if you're not in on this?"

"Well, in case you've forgotten, we aren't exactly on talking terms," the younger lad deadpanned, arms crossing his chest.

Louis gaped at him, his eyebrows shot up high into his tousled fringe. He shut and opened his mouth again, contemplating on what to say next.

"Sorry to make you search for me just to tell you've included me in the show. But guess what?" Zayn smirked. "The answer is, no. I'm not participating," the dark-haired lad concluded with a sense of satisfaction at that last sentence.

-----


Zayn and Louis had bickered over a trivial matter earlier that day which led Louis to have flung the hotel's bedsheet at Zayn and storming out of their room.

It was one of those rare occasions when the both of them were roomed together. The rooming part was pretty fixed: Louis would be paired up with Harry, while Liam, Niall and himself would swop around, usually with Niall having to share a room with either one of the band mates.

Truthfully, Zayn couldn't stand rooming in together with Louis as the older lad was a disaster when it came to cleaning up. Zayn was a neat freak and it drove him nuts to see the mess created by his sassy friend. He usually close one eye about it, but when Louis left his soaking wet, underwear on top of his bed, Zayn totally lost it.

"What in the bloody hell is this?" Zayn pinched the soggy piece of undergarment between his forefinger and thumb, a horrified look etched on his face.

Louis looked up from his mobile in which he was busily messaging to his girlfriend. "Hmm?"

"Is this yours?" Zayn glared at his friend, dangling the wet underwear in plain view.

"Wha- Oh! Where did you find it?" Louis got up from his seat and shuffled over to Zayn, mobile cast aside.

"It's on my bed. What is it doing there? And why is it wet?!" Zayn tossed the underwear to Louis who caught it in one hand.

"I went swimming in it. I had a sudden urge to take a dip in the pool and I didn't bring my swim shorts so, yeah," Louis answered nonchalantly and casually threw the wet undie into the bathroom. It ended up with a splat on the wall tiles and slowly slid down on the bathroom floor in a heap. Zayn stared at his tanned friend incredulously, mouth wide open.

"You did not. Just. Do that. Was that how that thing came about to be on my bed?" Zayn hollered.

"What's the matter with you? It's not like you've never seen an underwear before." Louis rolled his eyes and continued to fiddle with his mobile. "It's already in the loo and I'll wash it later."

Zayn was on the verge of boiling point. "What's the matter with me? What's the matter with you? You don't go flinging around your dirty pants on your mate's bed! That's just gross, Louis!"

"Why are you flippin' over my underwear?" Louis asked, anger creeping in his voice.

"It's not about your pants, Lou. I can't stand your attitude!" Zayn yelled. "You leave your clothes lying around, you stained my bedsheet wi-with that," he pointed to the heap on the bathroom floor, "and you never clean up. Ever." Zayn let out a huff. He couldn't care less if he had hurt the older boy's feelings by ranting out whatever he was thinking at that moment, because he needed to voice them out anyway.

"So this is what it's all about, huh? Laundry and cleaning?" Louis replied in an eerily calm voice, face devoid of any emotion. He ambled over to Zayn's bed and started tugging roughly at the bedsheets.

"What are you doing, Louis?"

"You told me I dirtied your sheets. So I'm taking them off to clean them."

"Stop being a wanker, will you? Leave the bedsheets to housekeeping. Your clothes are much more important to be left on the floor," Zayn advised.

Louis scowled and without any warning, he chucked the covers to the younger boy. "Naff off Zayn! Don't talk to me like you know everything!" He stormed out of the hotel room, leaving Zayn astounded and tangled in the sheets.

-----


"C'mon Zayn, please? Are you still stroppy about what happened in the afternoon?" Louis cajoled.

The two lads were still at the smoking area which was located outside the studios. Louis knew he had to find a way to make Zayn be involved in Prank Night, as Zayn was his partner in crime. He couldn't figure out what his relationship with the raven-haired lad was about, but when it came to pranking people, his first choice for an accomplice would definitely be Zayn.

"Why can't you choose someone else, Lou? You're the most closest to Harry. Why not him?" Zayn replied, frowning. He simply couldn't believe Louis' mood had changed drastically and that he would be standing in front of the older boy, having this conversation when they were at each other's throats earlier in the day.

"Harry's the most easiest to be fooled, hence he's my primary target. Liam's too stiff and Niall will only burst into fits of laughter, thus giving the joke away. Furthermore, we're partners when it comes down to this kind of stuff." Louis' lips were curled into a small smile.

Zayn sighed. "I don't know Louis. You're simply... incredulous! I-I don't know what to say."

"Listen. I admit I'm in the wrong. I shouldn't have done that and I'm sorry." The older boy looked at Zayn, his face solemn and sincere. "I'm a messy twat and I know it irks everyone, but I'll try to change my ways and tidy up a little."

Zayn studied Louis' expression, his hazel eyes softening. He ran a hand across his face and felt the corners of his lips tugging upwards into a grin.

"Remember that time when we sneaked out of our hotel and got lost in Sydney? We got chased by a horde of fans and it felt like we're in a zombie movie or something," Zayn snickered when he recalled the incident which had gotten them in a lot of trouble with Paul and the management.

Louis nodded vigorously, his giggles echoing in the silent area. "We ended up on the rooftop of the hotel, eh? Whose idea was it to go and search for Rihanna at that time? It sure wasn't me."

"And who was stupid enough to follow me?" Zayn quirked his eyebrows at Louis.

"You wanted me to come along, Zayn! Don't you dare turn the tables on me now, mister." Louis gave a small pout and Zayn chortled heartily.

"So, er, about the prank..." Louis trailed off, eyeing Zayn. His blue eyes were big and pleading, and the younger lad did not have to think twice about making his decision. They might bicker over the slightest thing, but Zayn knew one would forgive the other easily. Despite their differences, the both of them were partners, no, pranksters in crime after all.

"Count me in," he smirked.

Louis immediately jumped onto him, hugging him tightly. "I love you, Zayn. Thank you," he whispered into his ear.

"I love you too, Louis," Zayn whispered, hugging Louis back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image Image

This story is inspired by this prank which Nickelodeon had set up.

Comment and recommend lovelies?