The Rain Still Makes You Smile

Chapter 6- If I Could Just Escape This Box

Three voices surrounded me. My eyes fluttered open to reveal Rian, Jack and Zack. I almost instantly rolled over onto my stomach and closed my eyes again. "Alex." Rian sighed. "Get out. Go away. I don't want to see you."
"Alex come on, we're sorry for ignoring you."
"If you were sorry you wouldn't have ignored me! This is my third attempt at suicide guys, what else do you need to know to get you to stop being douchebags?!" I pushed myself into a sitting position and stared at them in disgust. "Why do you need to hurt me like this?!" Tears welled up in my eyes but I bit my tongue and fought them back. "Alex you know we don't mean to but now there's two of you in here, you have to think about us, too!" Zack protested. "Sign us out for a day. I want to preform."
"Alex you have to promise you won't run away."
"Pinky promise." I offered my little finger and Rian hooked his though mine. "Alright." He agreed. As the two left the room, Jack looked at me. I looked back. He hesitated before pulling me into a hug, then he left and went to change. When I was happy with my appearance, I stepped into my bathoom, covered in broken glass. My hand was in a cast from that little episode I had. I picked up a few shards and hid them, before answering the knock on my door. "Alright, ready to go? Concert tonight not too far away."
"I guess"
"You Guess?"
"Let's just go, Rian." I sighed dramatically. He nodded, and we left.

I stepped off the stage, a smile on my lips, sweat dripping off scattered hairs on my head. All of us were smiling, even the lanky boy who ignores me in Nimricks. Jack, if you couldn't guess. Rian said some cheesy thing about Jack's mom and I laughed, for real. Rian gave me something to change into and I did, dying off. When I came out we all stepped out into the thousands of fans waiting for us to come. Their screams echoed through the block and my smile grew. I went and started to sign things for fans. "Alex, where have you been all this time?" One asked. "I need help. I'm getting it." I said simply. They nodded. "What happened to your hand, Alex?" Another girl called from somewhere. "I punched a mirror!"
"Why haven't you been out and playing for us?!"
"I needed to be alone, and get help!"
"I missed you, Alex!" A fan called. I searched to find them "I missed you too, fan!" I called back. They laughed and I winked. As we finally had slipped out of the crowd, Rian ushered us down to the ice cream shop. I grinned as we walked in. I sat down, knowing they knew what to get me. Jack sat across from me, and neither of us said a word, despite the fact that we'd joked around about his mom, depression and the fans on stage. I kept my eyes on him. "We need to talk, Alex." Jack started.