The Rain Still Makes You Smile

Chapter 7- Alyssa

Tears rolled down my cheeks at every word Jack said. It tore me apart. "And you need to shut up. Other people have problems too." He finished. I shoved myself out of the seat and left the shop before Rian and Zack could get back with out ice cream. I rushed down the streets, ignoring the looks I got from other people. "Alex!" Zack yelled from the shop doors. Three sets of footsteps pounded on the sidewalk behind me, so I broke into a sprint. I peeked back a little ways down the road and couldn't see them. But, honestly, I couldn't see much of anything. I slipped into an alleyway and hid behind a dumpster, crashing to my knees. My cast hit the ground and I whimpered, but stayed still. The trio ran past the Alley in search of me and I breathed a sigh of relief, I had a second to rest. Two hands grabbed me and lifted me up. "Dammit Alex! You promised you wouldn't do this today!" Rian scolded me. I just whimpered and shrunk back into his chest at the sight of Jack. Rian sighed heavily and took me back to Nimrick's, the last place I wanted to be. I was greeted by the sight of Alyssa, and tried to rush out of the room but she grabbed my arm. "What's wrong Alex, are you alright?" She asked. I tried to answer, but Jack's words were still wandering in my head. You need to shut up. Other people have problems too. I almost collapsed but Alyssa helped me stay upright. "Steady, now. Come on. I'll take you back to your room." She offered, walking me back to the somewhat large, but rather empty room. She helped me to the bed and sat me down, sitting beside me. "What happened?" She asked quietly. I looked down. "My best friend is an asshole." I muttered. She nodded understandingly. "He the new kid?"
"Yeah."
"The lanky kid, who looked ready to kill? Yeah, probably." She put her arm around me. "What did he say to you?" She looked at me questioningly. I explained what he said and she nodded, then opened a drawer. "I bet you've never noticed this." She said, pulling out a pencil and a notebook, then placing it in my lap. "Write,Alex. It makes you feel better, and you're really good at it." She smiled, before turning and leaving. I opened to a page, and did exactly that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow okay that one reader hey.
It's been a while
Sorry 'bout that.
Anyway, my account on the website I originally wrote some of this for was shut down, so I'm starting from nothing on here, it'd mean a lot if you could spread it around for me? Ah, I love you <3