Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

No One Can Ever Know Where I've Been

I felt an arm drape over my shoulder, "Hey." Vic appeared at my side.

"Hey." I said, laying my head down on his shoulder. The wind was blowing slightly, causing me to shiver.

He rubbed his hand over my arm trying to get some friction, "You're a fucking idiot." He mumbled, kissing me on the side of the head.

I felt my eyes start to sting, "I know.." I whispered.

He let out a forced laugh, "Why, Lise. Why the fuck would you choose Mike? I mean, don't get me wrong, he's my brother and I love him, but he's not good enough for you."

My body shook with a sob, "I k-know, Vic. I love T-tone, but I.. I don't know!"

He wrapped his arms tighter around me, letting me cry it out. I felt like the biggest ass hole in the whole world. How could I do something like that to someone as sweet as Tony? He deserved so much better.

He shushed me, stroking my hair, "Does Tony know that?" He asked.

"Kn-know what?" I pulled back, wiping my eyes.

"That you love him. That you slept with Mike because you were hurt?" He wiped a stray tear from my cheek.

"No. Well, yes, but I'm pretty sure he will never trust me again." I put my head in my hands.

"Well," He said, pulling me into his side again, "I know Tony, and I know how much you mean to him. Just, maybe you guys should talk."

I nodded, wrapping Tony's jacket around me tighter.

He stood up, reaching down to help me up, "I'll call him, we'll go to my house. Mike's already left for rehab so no need to worry about him."

I nodded, I was so grateful to have Vic in my life.

~*~

I sat on the couch, my head resting on my hands. I was trying not to cry, but failing. I heard a car pull up in the driveway, my heart started beating faster.

The door opened and I saw Tony. He looked about as good as I did, "Hey." He mumbled, sitting in the chair farthest away from me.

Vic gave him a look, "Okay, I'll leave you to it then." He patted my shoulder.

I looked up at Tony, feeling my heart ache, "Hi." I mumbled.

"Hi." He repeated, "Okay, why am I here?"

I looked down at my hands, they were shaking, "Because, I wanted to tell you in person. Um, I'm really.. I'm sorry, Tony. I fucked up bigger than I've ever fucked up in my life."

He looked over at the window, "Yeah. You did." He said.

I winced. I deserved his coldness, but it still hurt, "And I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry. That I honestly don't know what the fuck I was doing. I was hurt, you didn't trust me. Mike was.. well, he was willing to take advantage of me in the situation."

He shook his head, "Don't try and push this off onto Mike. He's not here to defend himself. Just say that you did it to hurt me, just tell me the truth." He said, eyes burning.

I felt tears spill over again, "I did it to hurt you, like you hurt me." I said.

His features softened, "I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just saying.." He trailed off.

"I know. I know, and I just.. I wasn't thinking right. I was hurt and Mike was easy. I mean, fuck. I fucked it all up, didn't I?" I shook with sobs, trying to keep them silent.

He furrowed his brows, "I don't know, Lise."

"The only reason I turned to Mike was because we had history.." I said.

He looked me over for a few minutes, "How do I know you won't 'turn to Mike' every time we fight?" He said.

I deserved that, too, "You don't, but I do. Mike's history. All he does is screw things up for me, not even caring about the consequences."

He nodded, "I figured that. He's.. well, he's broken. What else do you expect?"

"What do you mean, broken?" I asked, feeling slightly nauseated.

"He's been suffering from depression and anxiety ever since I met him. He's actually been in the hospital a few times for suicide attempts.."

My eyes widened, "What?" Mike was strong, he was the strongest person I knew.

"You didn't know?" He asked.

I shook my head, "N-no." I felt bile rising up in my throat. I ran to the bathroom so I didn't ruin Vic's pretty carpet.

After a few minutes, I heard someone at the door.

"Lise, Lise!" Tony said, pounding on the door.

"Y-yeah?" I asked. My head was killing me.

He opened the door, kneeling beside me, "Are you okay?" He asked, feeling my forehead and cheeks, "You're burning up." He whispered.

"I don't feel good, Tony." I felt tears slide from my eyes again.

"I know, baby." He mumbled, picking me up off the floor and taking me to the couch. He layed me down.

Vic appeared again, "What happened?" He asked.

"She's sick, I think," Tony said, reaching for a blanket.

"I'm tired," I whined.

He kissed my forehead, "Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you x39407214987 to all my subscribers and commenters! ♥
Special thanks to:
PTVTea
FuEnTeSpErRy;
and mexiquinn!
The more comments I get, the more motivated I'll be to edit the next chapter ;)