Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

I'll Play the Romeo, You'll Play the Juliet

"Hello, this is Amanda calling from the health clinic."

I fumbled with my phone, "Hello."

"I'm calling for an Elise Sosbe?"

"This is her." I could feel my heartbeat increase, my palms starting to sweat.

"Okay, hello, Elise. Well, the blood work you had done revealed that you are five weeks pregnant."

I let out the breathe I was holding in, "Okay."

"Doctor Haman would like to see you back to do some other test, just to reassure everything's alright."

"Okay," I nearly whispered.

"Okay. Would the sixth be convenient?"

"Yeah, that's fine." I picked at a thread hanging from my shirt.

"Okay. All set, we'll see you on the sixth at one. Is that good for you?"

I nodded, realizing she couldn't see me, "Yes."

"Okay."

"Thank you," I said, trying to sound nice.

"No problem." I sat my phone down, hands shaking. I didn't really know how to comprehend what was going on.

I sat down on the edge of my bed, a hand resting on my stomach. Tears welled up in my eyes. How was I supposed to be responsible for a child when I was barely responsible for myself?

~*~

Tony slammed his fist down on the counter, "No! You know how I feel about that. Elise, we can fucking do this!" He shouted.

My hands started shaking, "Tony, just hear me ou-"

"No!" He slammed his fist down again.

"God damn it, Tony! Just fucking listen to me!" I yelled.

He stopped and looked up at me, "What. What do you have to say?"

I looked down at my feet, "I don't want this to come between us, I just wanted you to know that I'm not ready.."

He wrapped me in a hug, sniffling into my hair, "I can't go through this again, Lise. Steph had an abortion, you know that. It ripped my heart out."

I let him cry on my shoulder, "I know, baby." I rubbed his back, trying to comfort him.

"Just.. think about this. Give it some time." He said, pulling back and wiping tears from his face.

"Okay, yeah. For you, baby." I smiled, trying to cheer him up.

He smiled back, hugging me, "I really do love you, Elise."

I squeezed him, "I know."

"So, who are we telling first?"

I laughed, the boys were all excited. Vic had already asked to be the god-father, "Let's tell them at the same time."

He smiled, pulling out his phone and grabbing the car keys. I went out to wait for him, imagining the different reactions.

"Ready?" He asked, hopping in.

I nodded, "We going to Vic's?"

"Yeah, Jaime's there with his girlfriend, so I figured we'd just stop over there."

"Jaime has a girlfriend?!" I couldn't help but slightly over-react.

"Yeah, Arietta, I think." He smiled.

"Awh! That's so cute, good for him." I laced my fingers with his.

He squeezed my hand, "Yeah, good for him.

~*~

"Oh, my god! NO!" Jaime yelled, jumping onto Tony's lap and rubbing my stomach, "That's going to be the cutest fucking baby in the entire universe." He motioned Arietta over, placing her petite hand over my stomach as well.

She made a face and pulled her hand back a little, "I don't really like babies." She said shyly.

"That's okay," I smiled at her, "You don't have to feel my stomach."

She laughed, "Sorry."

Vic was sitting in the chair next to us, bouncing up and down screaming out random baby names, "Jessie! Oh, no, how about Jordan? Ooooh! I know! What about Louise?!"

I laughed at him, he was so excited to be the god-father it was almost ridiculous, but it was still cute, "Vic, chill out."

He looked over at me, still bouncing, "How about no."

Tony laughed, trying to push Jaime off of him, "I knew this was a bad idea," He mumbled.

Jaime giggled when I poked his side, causing him to fall off Tony, "What was that for?" He said, going to sit by his girlfriend.

"I want to sit on Tony," I said, draping my legs over his.

"Well, congrats, guys." Jaime said, kissing Arietta on the forehead, "But we've gotta run."

"Bye," They waved, blowing kisses.

I waved back, "She's nice."

"She's super into Jaime," Vic said, "They're all over each other," He made a face.

I laughed, "It's called love, sweety."

He stuck his tongue out at me, "I don't like it."

I look over at Tony and smiled, "I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry about not updating yesterday! :(
I promise I won't skip another update, unless something important comes up again!
Thank you SO much to my commenters:
Ahoyjilly (yay, new commenter!)
PTVTea (here you go!)
littleedeath (me too, lol. thank you!)
mexiquinn (can't promise anything (; )
FuEnTeSpErRy; (haha, thank you!)
And squeezes to my subs! ♥