Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

Just Let Love Consume Us

"So, turtles?" Tony asked, opening the car door for me.

"Yeah. I thought since it was a girl you'd want to do something girly and cute." I said, half sarcastically.

"No," He said, dragging out the 'o', "I'm perfectly fine with turtles."

He got in, "Me, too." I said, stretching out.

"Are you really tired?" He asked, scoffing.

I laughed, "Yeah."

He rubbed my arm, "Sleep." And I did.

~*~

"Elise?" Vic said, shaking me.

"What?" I groaned.

"You've been sleeping out here for almost a half-hour." He said, humor in his voice.

I sat up, "Are you serious?"

He reached out a hand to help me up, "Yeah, Tony couldn't wake you up."

I laughed at myself, getting out of the car and fixing my shirt, "Wow."

He nodded, pointing towards his house, "Everyone's here. It's sort of a.. welcome home party. For Mike."

I nodded, my throat closing up.

"You gonna be okay?" He said, grabbing my hand.

I nodded again, looking at him and taking a big breath, "Yeah."

He smiled tightly and kissed my forehead, "You're awesome."

"I know." I said, following him inside.

I'd forgotten what a 'Vic party' was like. The room was filled with smoke, not all of it cigarette. I smiled a little at the memories this brought back. High school was awesome because of these parties.

I saw Mike and some girl in the corner, her shirt showing more than enough. Jaime and Arietta were standing next to them, both looking pretty cross-faded. A part of me missed being able to party, but a different, stronger part was so wrapped up in becoming a mother it was insane.

I felt arms wrap around my torso, "Hello, miss lady." Tony slurred in my ear. He smelled like alcohol and mints.

I pushed him off me slightly, "Hey. Wow, you're a mess." I said, and he was.

He smiled a big, sloppy smile at me, "You're so cute when you say stuff."

I shook my head, "How much have you had?"

He shrugged, "Like, half a bottle, maybe more."

"It's been a half-hour!" I said, putting a hand on my hip. It's not that I minded when he got drunk, but he became an idiot when he was shitfaced.

"So," He said, reaching down to kiss me.

I pushed him off of me, "Oh, no. Not when you're this drunk."

He fake-pouted, "Come on."

I shook my head no, "Maybe I should get out of here.." I trailed off.

"No, baby," He cooed, grabbing my hand, "Stay with me."

I sighed, letting him pull me in for a hug, "Okay, but no more to drink."

He nodded, "Okay."

"So, where'd Vic go?" I asked.

He looked around, "I dunno."

"Let's go find him." I said, grabbing his hand.

I pushed my way through bodies and smoke, trying not to breathe too much of it in. I spotted Mike and his girl over by the kitchen, attacking each others faces. For a small second I let myself be jealous, but only long enough to thrown him a dirty look he'd never see.

I turned around, going the other way. I finally found him out on the back porch, sharing a blunt with some people I didn't know, "Vic!" I had to yell over the music.

He turned around and smiled, his eyes bloodshot, "Hey, Lise! You found Tortuga!" He said, patting Tony's back.

"Yeah, and I was wondering if you could, you know, keep an eye on him? I don't think he's ready to go home, but I shouldn't be here," I gestured toward my stomach.

Vic's eyes grew big, "I forgot! Yeah, yeah. Hey, Tone! Come over here!"

I pushed him towards Vic, kissing him goodbye. I made my way to the front door, but Mike stopped me, "Woah, Elise." He said.

I stepped back slightly, "Mike." I nodded.

He smiled, "What're you doing here?"

"I was here with Tony, but it's getting a little too.. out of control for me."

He hadn't noticed my stomach yet, "What happened to the Lise I knew? She never turned down a party."

I chuckled, pointing at my stomach, "Leia probably wouldn't thank me."

His eyes and mouth both opened wide, "W-whoa." Was all he could manage.

I smiled tightly, "I think I need to get out of here," I said, coughing on smoke.

He nodded, walking me over to the door, "Maybe I should walk you home, just to be safe..?" He asked.

"No, that's oka-"

He cut me off, "Nah, I'll walk you home."

I nodded, letting him drape an arm over my shoulder and lead me out the door. Something inside of my shifted, I felt the warmth of his body next to mine, where his limbs and mine touched. I felt bitter butterflies erupt, spreading from my stomach to my chest.

He looked down at me and smiled, "I missed you."

I sighed, "I missed you too, Mikey." I knew I shouldn't be doing this, that this was wrong, but I couldn't make myself make him get off.

He cleared his throat, "So, a little Perry, huh?" He said a little too loud.

"Yeah," I said softly, my hand resting on my belly.

He took him arm off my shoulder, "How far along are you?"

"Around six months." I said, feeling myself come down from the high Mike caused.

"Oh," He said, "You're sure.. you're sure it's Tony's?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

I furrowed my brows, I'd never even thought she could be Mike's, "Y-yeah. Yep." I smiled tightly at him.

He smiled back, "Well, I'm happy for you guys."

I nodded, pulling my house key from my pocket, "Thanks, Mike. That means a lot." I said.

He nodded, his arm still on the back of his neck, "Well, um.. Yeah. You're welcome."

I stood there awkwardly, "Well.."

"Yeah, see you around." He said, turning on his heel and walking back to his house.

"Bye," I whispered. I felt a kick from Leia, turning my attention to her, "Don't worry, baby. Everything's gonna be alright."
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't reread this one, so I'm not 100% sure if there are any mistakes or not, so let me know if you find any! ♥
HOLY CRAP, 50 COMMENTS ILU GUYS SO MUCH OMG!
Thanks to:
leia543
littleedeath
and iShotTheSherriff1313