Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

True Love Comes From More Than Just the Heart

~Tony's POV

I grabbed my phone, checking to see if Steph had called. I hadn't been back to the hospital, though I did call Elise to tell her I was helping Jaime with Arietta.

I rubbed my neck, getting up to get dressed. I knew it was wrong, but I missed Steph more that I thought I did. I wanted to be with her, for everything to be easy again. No more drama with Elise or the baby, I could start over.

I pulled on an SD hoodie and clicked her name. After a few rings she picked up, "Hey, Tony."

I smiled at her voice, "Steph, hey. What's up?"

"Nothing really." She said.

"Do you think you'd be up for coming over?" I asked, my cheeks burning.

I heard her laugh, "That sounds pretty good, yeah. I'll be there in like twenty, is that cool?"

"Yeah, I'll be here." I smiled.

"Okay, bye Tony."

"Bye." I threw my phone on the bed next to me.

~*~

~Elise's POV

I pulled on my Padawan braid, Tony was supposed to be back by now. He called telling me he was helping Jaime, which was fine, but I needed him. Leia was getting fussy as I attempted to change her diaper. I smiled down at her when I was done. She was allowed to be off her machine for a few minutes at a time so I could take care of her. She was so cute, her black hair sticking out at random spots.

The nurse came in to put her back. I frowned slightly as she did, wanting to spend as much time with Leia as I could. I checked my phone again, hoping Tony had called, or at least texted. No such luck.

Vic had gone home to pack for tour. I kept forgetting they were leaving in a few days, the guys. It hurt to know Tony wouldn't be with me in Leia's first moments home, but I knew he didn't want to leave just as much as I didn't want him to.

I smiled, snapping a picture of Leia and sending it to Tony, hoping that would get his attention. I sat my phone down, the medicine still making me groggy. I felt my eyes get heavy, it wouldn't hurt to take another nap.

~*~

~Tony's POV

I nuzzle into Stephanie's neck, never wanting this moment to end.

"I gotta get going.." She said, pulling the covers off of her.

I made an impatient noise, "Stay with me." I said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back down on the bed. I kissed her nose.

She giggled, "I can't, I've got work later."

"Ten more minutes." I almost pleaded, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Tony, this can't.." She sighed, "I can't do this to Elise."

I placed my lips on hers, kissing down her neck, "She really doesn't have to know."

She sighed again, pushing me back, "But, Tone.. Tony, I know how it feels. I was in her place once. It sucks."

It was my turn to sigh, "But I don't love her like I love you, Steph."

"Then tell her. Make it official. Because I'm done being some booty call whore." She said, pushing off of me and grabbing for her underwear.

"Steph, please.."

She waved her hand, "I know you probably feel suffocated, you just had a kid with this girl and you've known her for what, ten months? Not even that. But that's not an excuse to cheat on someone, Tony. I'm sorry." She said as she got dressed.

I groaned, rolling over and putting my arm over my eyes, "But.. I don't want her anymore, Steph."

"That's not my problem. You need to sort your shit out before you call me again, okay?"

I groaned again, why couldn't I just have some fun? I looked over at the door as she shut it, cursing her under my breath. I didn't want to hurt Elise, she was right, but I didn't want to be with her anymore.

Who knows, maybe this tour will change that. I picked up my phone and saw I had a text from Elise. I clicked on it and saw a picture of Leia, eyes wide and hair a mess. I felt a smile stretch across my face. No matter what happened, she'd be my child. But I couldn't help but think I saw a bit of Mike in her..
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shIT. TEN COMMENTS ON THAT LAST CHAPTER. You guys deserve this and so many more chapters omg. But I'm really emotionally worn out so this is it for tonight, sorry.
enemysh1ps (neW COMMENTER ILU! sorry, i really love Tone and Steph :c)
littleedeath (good! because lots of Mike to come muahAHA /foreshadowing)
iShotTheSherriff1313 (lol, ~cliffhanger~)
mexiquinn (DOn'T HURT HIM HE'S SO PRECIOUS)
mikkdx3 (I'm sorry :c)
sowrongitsaynsley (nEW COMMENTER EEE! nope, but omg thank you so much ilu so much)
FuEnTeSpErRy; (idk, but he'll redeem himself, he always does lol)
PTVTea (pls don't hate my bby omg)
whoisamberlukas (YAY ANOTHER NEW COMMENTER! sorry :( but it'll get better promise)
tonyperry123 (iLU SO MUCH NEW COMMENTER ALERT~ srry! he's a bit of an idiot in this story)
Wow, I'm really obnoxious, I apologize.