Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

Your Sins Will Find You Out

~Tony's POV

I pulled into the hospital parking lot, guilt slowly etching it's way into my bones. I wasn't feeling guilty for cheating, but going two days without seeing Leia was making me pretty upset. I got out of the car, grabbing the flowers I'd picked up.

I got to the front desk and smiled, telling her who I was looking for. She directed me to the hallway on the left, third door down. I walked in, holding the flowers up to cover my face.

"Tony?" A sleepy voice asked me.

I moved them down, smiling, "Hey, baby." I said, reaching down to kiss her.

She smiled into the kiss, "There you are."

I sat the flowers down on the table next to her, looking over at Leia. I smiled, "Can I hold her?"

She nodded, "Yeah, for a few minutes."

I walked over and opened up the machine. She was looking around, her big eyes taking everything in. I smiled again, picking her up. She wasn't heavy, four pounds and seven ounces. I looked over at Elise who was smiling too.

"You know, it's been a while since I've seen you this happy." She said.

"It's been a while since I've seen you." I replied, going to sit on her bed, "You get out today, right?"

"Yeah," She said, sitting up and crossing her legs, "And they said Leia can go home in a couple weeks."

I smiled, trying to smooth down her hair. It was wild, sticking up everywhere. I laughed, giving up, "That's good, you'll have to send me lots of pictures."

She nodded, her smiled faltering for a moment, "Yeah. Yeah," She cleared her throat, "I'll make sure to."

I looked at her, really looked at her. She had bags under her eyes, her hair was dirty, and she looked like she could use a good fuck, "I'm sorry." I said.

"It's not your faul-"

I cut her off, "No, I'm truthfully sorry. You deserve so much better than me.. you deserve the world. I'm- I'm a douche bag," I looked down at Leia, "I don't deserve this."

Elise gave me a weird look, "Tony, is everything.. okay?"

I sighed, "No. No, it's not, but it's fine for now. I.. I love you." I looked into her eyes, she was frightened.

"Hey, it's okay." She said, rubbing my arm.

I nodded, "Yeah, yeah it is. For now." Leia looked up at me, her brown eyes reminding me so much of Vic's.

"So, how's Arietta doing?" She asked, trying to change the topic.

"Arietta..? Oh, she's better. I'm pretty sure she just had a cold." I felt horrible lying to her face.

She nodded, "But she's better? Maybe her and Jaime'll come and see Leia before you guys leave."

"Yeah, I'm sure they'd love to." I smiled tightly.

"I'll call them-"

"No!" I said too fast, startling her and Leia both, "I'll ask them when I go over there later, I forgot something anyway."

She frowned slightly, "Are you sure you're okay?"

I sighed, getting up to put Leia back, "Yeah. Peachy, you?"

"That's not what I meant, Tony." She said in a threatening voice.

"I know, I'm fine. It'll be fine." I mumbled, placing my lips on hers.

She kissed me back softly, "Okay, it's just.. I worry about you sometimes."

I waved a hand, "Don't. I'm indestructible." I said, pounding on my chest.

She laughed, pushing me slightly, "Nah, you're just an idiot."

This is the Elise I fell in love with, this was the Elise I missed. I kissed her again, this time hard. Desperation flowed through my lips, deepening the kiss. She made a sound, but I didn't pull back. I had to let her know, I had to let her know I still loved her without words.

She pulled back, slightly out of breath, "What was that for?"

I leaned my forehead on hers, "I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me."

She giggled, kissing my nose, "I love you."

I sighed, "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's all in Tony's POV, and I really like it. Shows more of how he thinks, maybe? I dunno.
You all get internet cookies and hugs~:
littleedeath
FuEnTeSpErRy;
whoisamberlukas
kristinaamo
PTVTea
clutchgeek
iShotTheSherriff1313
heartsinpapertrash
mexiquinn
Brusnop-is-real
tonyperry123