Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

The Hardest Part Is Letting Go of Your Dreams

~Mike's POV

"Elise, hey." I greeted as she opened the door.

"Mike?" She asked, confused.

I looked behind her at Tony then back to her, "I need to talk to you."

Tony sighed, walking away. She opened the door wider to let me in, "What do you want, Michael?"

"Oh, cold. Using full names now?" I joked, sliding in beside her.

She rolled her eyes, tucking her hair behind her ear, "What?"

I shook my head, smiling even bigger, "Nothing."

She motioned towards the couch, "Sit down."

I did, she sat across from me, "Okay, we need to talk." I repeated.

"I got that, yes." She said.

"Okay. Right, I should just get to the point then.." I said, popping my knuckles.

"That would be best."

"I want a DNA test done on Leia." I said, looking up at her.

She looked like she'd been slapped, "What for?"

"I think she's mine. She looks just like me-"

She cut me off, "How do you know what she looks like?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, "I, erm, went and saw her. Last night."

She stood up, placing a hand on her waist, "And that's okay to you? You didn't even-"

"I asked Tony." I said, looking around her at Tony who was sitting in the kitchen, his head in his hands.

She shook her head, "That's not okay, Mike!"

I scoffed, "She's my baby!"

"She's not!" She nearly screamed.

"See! This is why I want a DNA test done! She's my baby and you both know it!" I stood up.

She pointed a finger at me, "Listen to me, Mike, stay out of this. Leia's Tony's child, I don't care what you-"

Tony stood up, putting a hand on Elise's shoulder, "Let him have his test."

She gave him a bewildered look, "W-what?"

"Let his have his test, damn it!" He yelled.

I looked between the two of them, seeing how broken they were, "Maybe I shoul-"

"No, you're in this too." Tony said, shooting me a hateful look.

I put my hands up, "I'm not in this," Gesturing between them, "Mess."

Elise rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, "Fine, what the fuck ever. You can have your stupid test," She gave Tony a look, "You know Leia's your's, baby."

He recoiled, "Don't."

I felt bad for her, she didn't do anything. It wasn't my place to ruin that yet, though, so I just stood there awkwardly.

"Tony, what's going on with you?" She said barely above a whisper.

He looked at her, "Stop. Just, stop! Elise, I can't.. I can't do this anymore. Leia's not mine, you know that. I know that. Fucking Mike over there knows that!"

She looked down at the ground, "Bu-but, she's yo-"

"She's not! She doesn't even look like me." He said, his voice softening with each word.

I noticed a tear fall down her cheek, "But you love he-"

"I cheated on you."

"Wh.. what?" She asked, steadying herself with the counter.

"I cheated on you. With Stephanie. The day after Leia was born."

Her shock mimicked my own. I knew he cheated, but the day after she had what he thought was his child? Prick.

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" She said with a laugh. She looked like she was going to pass out.

He rubbed his temple, "Fuck. No, I'm not joking. I'm fucking serious. Leia's not my baby, there's no reason for me to stick around any longer."

That got me mad, "You love her, don't you?" I asked, voice raised.

He shook his head, "Not like I used to."

Elise was close to hyperventilation, "The day after? Are you kidding me?" She asked, looking up at him through tear-stained eyelashes.

He shook his head, "No."

I punched him in the jaw, hearing it pop. Elise let out a scream, putting her hand over her mouth, "You are a jack-ass. You're a huge jack-ass." I said, shaking my hand.

He wiped the blood off his mouth, "Yeah, I know."

I punched him again, "You don't deserve to even look at her." I said, pointing at Elise.

He nodded, "I know."

I pushed him against the wall, "Get the fuck out of here, Tony." I said, spitting at him.

He nodded, not making eye contacts with either of us. I let him slip past me, waiting until I heard the door close before going over to Elise.

"Hey, hey, hey. It'll be okay." I pulled her to my chest, rubbing her back.

She hiccuped between sobs, "I can'-can't believe.. him!" She screamed, pushing on me.

I held her tight, not letting her go for the razor. She struggled for a few more seconds before collapsing to my chest. I stroked her hair, "Shh, I'm here. It's okay, I've got you."

We sat like that for a while. I rocked back and forth, trying to calm her down. Finally she pulled back, wiping her face, "Do you wanna meet your daughter? For real this time?"

I helped her stand up, pulling her to my chest again, "More than anything in the world." I said, kissing her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOW ABOUT ONE MORE, Y/Y?
It's 'cause I love you guys so gosh darn much.
Not to alarm anyone, but I feel like this story's on it's last chapters. As in, it's time for me to start coming up with the plot for the sequel :3
sowrongitsaynsley
StephanieSmileyyy
iShotTheSherriff1313 (HOW ABOUT THIS? IS THIS GOOD?)
kristinaamo
Ilu precious commenters ♥