Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

I Hope You Like the Stars I Stole For You

"So, you went to rehab and you were fine?" I asked.

He nodded, "I tried to tell them I didn't have a problem, but they didn't believe me. I was fine, sober or drunk. I just preferred the latter." He laughed, rubbing his neck.

I laughed, "You've always chose whiskey over sobriety."

He nodded, "It's more fun, whiskey doesn't care about anything but a good time."

I looked over at Leia who was asleep, "I'm not even going to lie, I didn't want her to be yours."

"Why not?" He asked, trying to hide the hurt that'd caused.

I sighed, "I didn't think you'd step up. I figured you say 'congrats' and fuck off like you used to."

He shook his head, "I've changed a lot, Lise," His hand touched my thigh, "You've gotta give me another chance."

I turned away, tears threatening to spill over, "I don't know, Mike."

He sighed, turning me around to look at him, "I'll show you. I don't know how, but I will."

I laughed, pushing on his chest, "At least you've got a reason to grow up."

He nodded, standing up to look at Leia. I followed, "I'll be there for her, no matter what."

I leaned my head onto his arm, "You're serious about this?"

He put his arm around me, pulling me into his chest, "Are you serious? Of course I'm serious. I'm the most serious bastard in this whole place."

I laughed, pulling back from him, "I'm glad. Leia.. she need this. She'll need you."

"I'll be here," He looked down at her, "Daddy'll be here."

~*~

~Tony's POV

I punched the steering wheel making it honk. How was I supposed to get through this? It wouldn't be that bad if I never had to hear about her again, but Mike loved her. He loves her, and he's Leia's dad. Not me, I'm not Leia's dad. I'm not her father.

I screamed, punching the wheel again. It was so easy to walk out, to tell her those nasty things, but why did I feel so bad about it? Why did it make me want to rip my hair out, punch the next stranger I saw, kill myself?

I didn't love her, I didn't. I couldn't love her anymore, she'd had a baby with Mike. The drummer of my band. The person I'd once considered my brother. Fuck, she'd fucked everything up. I'd fucked everything up?

No, this was her, this was all her. She came into my life when everything was good, she ruined it. I felt tears of anger roll down my cheeks, making me more mad. I threw open the car door, I needed out of that small space.

I paced back and forth, what the fuck did I do now? I just wanted to see her, laugh with her, smell her perfume, anything. She was all I could think about. I kicked my tire, yelling in frustration.

I pulled out my phone, dialing Steph's number. A lump formed in my throat, I needed something to take my mind off her before I did something I'd regret.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Steph, thank god." I sighed.

"Tony? I told you not to cal-"

I cut her off, "I told her, we're over. I need to see you, Steph, now."

She giggled, "Okay, come over."

I growled into the phone, "On my way."

~*~

I took another shot, Stephanie's blue eyes watching my every move, "Are you gonna fuck me, or just drink all my Jack?" She asked.

"Both." I said, pulling her over on top of me.

I crashed my lips to hers, dizzy from the alcohol. I bit her lip, pulling on her lip piercing. She moaned into my mouth, her breath tasting like grape juice.

I sat up, pushing her off me. I had to get to a trash can, "Tony, are you okay?" She said, sounding alarmed.

I sat the waste basket down, "Ugh, yeah. Sorry, that was gross." I said, reaching for my water and gargling it.

She made a face, "Yeah, it was."

I laughed, sitting back down next to her, "Where were we..?"

She pushed me off her, "Go brush your teeth first!"

I made a face, "I don't even have a tooth brush here!" I complained, taking another shot to wash the taste out of my mouth, "There, all better."

"No." She said, curling up into a ball.

I laid down on top of her, "Steph! Come on!"

She sighed, "You don't mean it."

I gave her a quizzical look.

"I mean, you're still in love with her. You could only be with me if you were shitfaced."

I made a face, "That's not true."

She tried to copy my face, failing, "It is true. Why are you here right now, Tony?"

I sighed, pushing myself off of her, "To see you."

She shook her head, "It's to get away from you. You're using me." She said, looking down at the floor.

"I am not, and you know that." I pulled on her hand, "Now let me fuck you." I slurred, dragging out the 'o'.

She sat up and gave me a disgusted look, "Tony, come on. You're too drunk to even talk right, let alone actually have sex."

I sighed, hanging my head over the back of the couch.

"No, Tony. When you can look at me and truthfully tell me you're over Elise, we can be together."

I looked into her eyes, "I don't think that'll ever happen."

She smiled tightly, "I know, that's why I said it." I felt my heart break even more than it already was.

~*~

~Elise's POV

I looked over at Mike who was sleeping on the couch, the room seemed smaller without Leia in it. I sighed, returning my attention back to my book. Who decorated these rooms? Beige was supposed to be calming, but it was seriously pissing me off.

I sighed again, trying to get comfortable. It was a lost cause, really. I set my book down, groaning in frustration. My thoughts drifted to Tony. If he were here, I'd be comfortable. Everything would be easy..

I shook my head, trying to shake him out of my system. He was the one that did this, he left me. The part that really hurt was now we were even, the slate was clean. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. Did I do something to make him angry? Was it the fact that I'd been more interested in Leia?

My heart broke for him as I wondered how he felt right now. He went almost a whole week thinking Leia was his. Hell, he went six months thinking Leia was his. I dug my nails into my arm, trying to get a different pain to distract me.

Mike snored, making me jump. His features were softer in sleep, more kind. I tried to make myself smile at this, at him, but it didn't help. I felt the need for my razor, just one nick would do me over. I looked over at Leia, no. No, I was done with that. I had to be strong now, for her.

"Elise?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

I turned to the door, never in my life had I been more grateful to see Vic's face, "Vic, hey."

He came in and say down next to me, "How're you doing?"

I fumbled with my hands, "I'm f-fine."

"Liar." He said.

I put my head in my hands, "I know."

He rubbed my back, "It's okay, you've got Leia and Mike and Jaime and me and all of your other friends. We all love you."

I nodded, tears flowing freely, "I love you guys, too."

"Then don't let one ass hole get you down."

I choked out a laugh, "I'm trying not to."

He nodded, still rubbing my back, "You haven't..?" He said, gesturing toward my wrist.

I shook my head fast, "I'm done with that."

He gave me a strange look, "You know, for being so broken, you're the most whole person I know."

I kissed his cheek, "I really do love you Vic, I swear."

He nodded, letting me cuddle into his side, "I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
kristinaamo
FuEnTeSpErRy;
littleedeath
iShotTheSherriff1313
PTVTea
whoisamberlukas
Captain.tiff_
Brusnop-is-real
tonyperry123
You guys are literally the most perfect, precious, beautiful people in the whole world! Thank you so, so, so, so much for the comments, dedicated to you! ♥