Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

You're a Canary, I'm a Coal Mine

My phone woke me up from a very much needed nap. I saw Tony's name flash across the screen and smiled, "Finally!"

I heard him laugh, "Hey, what're you doing later on?"

I looked at the clock, it was four, "Nothing, I don't think." I pulled on my Padawan braid.

"Great, I'll be there in like an hour."

I smiled at the click that signified him hanging up. Butterflies erupted in the pit of my stomach, he was so cute. I pulled myself off my bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I jumped in the shower, throwing on a pair of cut off shorts and a band tee. Slipping on my vans, I blow dried my hair and smudged some eyeliner onto my eyelids.

"Wow, you look hot." Christy mumbled, stretching.

"Are you just getting up?" I laughed, she had a mark on her face from laying on the couch.

"Yeah, I've got a headache. What time is it?"

"Five. You look like shit."

"Fuck you, cunt." She flipped me off before snuggling back into Alan.

I smiled and ran a hand through my hair. I was getting nervous, and I wasn't really sure why, I barely knew Tony. That didn't stop me from tugging on my braid some more.

I heard a faint knock on the door. Pulling it open, I saw the flowers before I saw his face. He smiled, holding out the flowers for me. God, his smile melted my heart. "You didn't ha-"

He cut me off, "I wanted to. Come on," He lead me out to his car.

I smiled, sniffing the flowers, "Thanks." I whispered.

"You're welcome," He laughed at my shyness. "I never pegged you as the shy type."

I blushed, "I'm not usually." He smiled again, opening the door for me. He ran over to his side, started up his car.

"Where are we going?" I wondered out loud, tugging on my braid.

He noticed, pulling his to show me, "How long?!"

"Two years," I smiled. He was so cute when he was excited.

"That's so cool!" He pulled out of my driveway, "We're going to the movies. If th-that's okay." He smiled sheepishly.

I felt the butterflies start up again, "Yeah, that sounds like fun." I smiled.

~*~
"Fucking hell, I told you we should've got here earlier!" Mike yelled, gesturing at the line of people who were waiting to see the new Harry Potter movie.

"Calm down, baby," I cooed, lacing my fingers with his, "We'll get in."

He put his hand under my chin, pulling my lips to his, "I know, I'm just really excited."

I laughed, he'd just gotten his new Harry Potter tattoo. "I know, baby," I mumbled into his side.


~*~

"That movie actually sucked," Tony said, rubbing his hands together and yawning.

"It was okay." He laughed and reached for my hand. I smiled and laced my fingers with his. "I had fun today."

"Me too." He squeezed my hand and lead me to his car. "When you said you might be with someone.." He trailed off.

I blushed, "I'm not. I'm not with anyone."

He faked a hurt look, "You're with me right now."

I laughed, "You know what I meant. I broke it off with him."

He smiled and pulled me into him, "I'm glad." He whispered.

My heart fluttered, "Me too." I giggled.

"So, do you want me to take you home, or-" I cut him off with my lips, needing the space between us to be nonexistent. "I'll take that as a no." He chuckled.

I bit my lip, "Can we get coffee?" He nodded, opening my door for me.

~*~

We ended up in a little coffee shop, "So, you left Cali for Colorado?" He looked at me like I was half crazy.

"Yeah, I.. I needed a fresh start. When my mom passed away, though, I new it was time to come home." I smiled into my drink as I thought about my mother.

"That's sweet. I've been in San Diego my whole life, but I will admit when my dad passed away I thought about leaving." He looked down.

I grabbed his hand, "Hey, let's change the subject."

He nodded, "Okay, what's your favorite color?"

I laughed, "Green, yours?"

"Blue."

I smiled, "How old are you?"

"Twenty-six. How about you, even though you just had a birthday?" He looked at me through his eyelashes.

"Twenty-one." I smiled, noticing his 'Star Wars' tattoo.

He took another drink of his coffee, "Favorite song?"

"Props & Mayhem." I saw his face light up, smiling.

"Aw, that's so cute." He kissed my hand, causing me to blush even more. I yawned and checked my phone, it was only eight. "Are you sleepy?" He moved a piece of hair out of my face.

I smiled, "A little."

He squeezed my hand, "Let's get you home."

I smiled as he kissed the top of my head, maybe something good could come out of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmh, I don't really love this chapter. I rewrote it like seven times, though, so I'm ready to get it out of my sight.
Love to all of the commenters <3:
littleedeath & PTVTea
Also, squeezes to my subs! :)
Comments mean I write faster ;)