Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

Of You, I Grow Fonder

~Mike's POV

"Mikey, get up." I heard Vic sigh, he seemed to be doing that an awful lot lately.

"I don't want to.." I mumbled into my pillow, head pounding.

"Get the fuck up right now." He pulled the covers off of me.

"Ass hole." I grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I didn't remember much of last night, just that I drank too much. My head felt like it was going to split open as I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed some aspirin and went to sit down on the couch.

"Hey, Mike." I heard Jaime say. I looked up from the floor, all three of them were sitting around the living room looking very anxious.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked in a whisper. Talking hurt too much.

"Erm," Tony began, rubbing the back of his neck.

"We need to talk to you, Mikey." Vic said, patting the couch beside him.

"About?" I asked as I sat down.

"You. Mike, we're worried." Tony said.

"Why the fuck are you worried about me? I'm fine, see." I said and spread my arms out.

Vic shook his head, "Mike, you're not." He gestured to Tony and Jaime, "We think you need some help."

I rubbed the bridge of my nose, "What do you mean?"

"Rehab, Mike. He means fucking rehab." Tony said, reaching an arm out to take my water.

"I don't need fucking rehab, I'm fine." I said and squinted at the window, the light making my head pound twice as hard. "What I need is a fucking cigarette."

~*~

"Mike, you need help." Elise sighed as she took the lit cigarette from my mouth, stomping it out on the cement.

"And you need to stop fucking wasting my cigarettes." I spat at her, the alcohol in my system making me angrier than usual.

She scoffed, "Stop fucking smoking them."

"Make me." I said and lit another one.

She crossed her arms over her chest in defeat, "If you're gonna kill yourself, Mikey, at least do it with class." She gave me one last disgusted look and walked back inside.

"Love you, too, Lise." I mumbled.


~*~

I grabbed my hoodie from the counter and took another shot of whiskey, "Victor! I'm leaving." I shouted.

"Be careful." I heard him mumble from the other room. It seemed like it'd been a while since he actually cared about his little brother.

I ran a hand through my hair, noticing I needed a trim. I fished in my pocket for my lighter, craving nicotine. I pulled out a water bottle full of coke and Jack and chugged. The burn felt good, like an old friend. I noticed my headache had gone away.

I'd agreed to go to some alcoholic seminar, but who can go to those sober? I took another swig and then threw the bottle over my shoulder. I felt good.

~*~

I looked over at Elise, her chest rising and falling slowly. I pushed a piece of hair out of her face, kissing her forehead. She stirred, "Mikey, what're you doing?"

I smiled and kissed her forehead again, "Nothing, lovely."

She reached for my hand, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." She snuggled into my side and fell back asleep.


~*~

"..And that concludes this seminar. Please take a pamphlet, or sign up for the next AA meeting in the back."

What the fuck do these people know about "alcohol dependency"? I didn't depend on alcohol, I just felt better drunk. Nothing wrong with having a little fun. I reached for a pamphlet, noticing someone going for the same one.

"Oh, here you go." I said, handing her one that I had in my hand.

She smiled and took it, "Are you signing up for the AA meeting, too?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I wasn't going to, but if it means I can see you again.." I smiled and put my name down.

She giggled, "I'm Melanie."

"Mike," I said, shaking her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this chapter probably doesn't make much sense since this is a Tony fanfic, but I wanted to show how Mike wasn't over Elise, and how nearly everything he does reminds him of her. Sorry if it was kind of confusing!
Anyways, HOLY FUCK. I love all of you. I mean, wow. This is the most encouragement/feedback I've ever gotten on a story, ever. I love you!
Of course, thanks to my commenters this got posted today <3:
Sollust
Austincarlily
FuEnTeSpErRy;
littleedeath
& preciado;