Sequel: Scream in the Dark
Status: complete!

Burst Into Flames

Everyone Deserves the Flames

"You're cheating. I don't know how, but you are." I looked over at a very frustrated Tony.

"Nope, I'm just better than you." I said, putting down the controller.

"No. No, I refuse to believe that. No one has ever beaten me at Mario Kart. Ever."

I laughed, he looked like an angry child, "Get used to it, Perry."

He folded his arms across his chest, "Not unless you kiss me."

I leaned over and kissed him on the nose, "Better?"

"No," He reached over and kissed me on the lips, "But now I am."

"Cheater," I whispered.

He laughed, "Get used to it, Sosbe."

~*~

"Come to the show tonight," Tony mumbled, laying face down on the bed.

"Okay." I said, playing with his hair.

He lifted his head up, "Really?" A smile stretched across his face.

"Sure, why not?" I kissed his cheek.

He smiled again, laying his head back on the bed, "I'm tired, though." He whined.

"Take a nap then."

He shook his head and pointed at the clock, "I only have two hours."

I laid down next to him, cuddling into his side, "I'll wake you up."

~*~

"Shit, Lise!" Tony nearly yelled.

"Wh-what?" I grumbled.

"I've got twenty minutes to get to a venue that's thirty minutes away." He cursed under his breath some more.

"Hey, hey. Calm down, it's okay." I looked at him, he was wearing an SD shirt and jeans, "Just go like that, drive fast. You'll be there in ten."

He looked at me, "Elise, it's a thirty minute drive without the five o'clock traffic."

I looked at my hands, "I'm sorry."

He put a hand on my shoulder, "It's fine, baby. Just- come on." He grabbed his phone and keys and ran to the car.

We made it to the venue, managing to be only five minutes late. Tony pecked my cheek and told the ticket guy that I was with him. After clearing it, he ran to the other side to find the guys.

"Oh. My. God." I heard a whisper from my left, "Was that- was that Tony Perry?" She squealed.

I gave her a curious look, "Yeah, it was."

"You.. he kissed your cheek!" She pointed at my cheek like I didn't know where it was.

"Yeah, he does it all the time." I said. My brain was still fuzzy from the nap.

"Wh-OH MY GOD! WHAT!" She screamed.

I gave her another look before turning towards the front, hoping to be let in soon. Other girls whispered, some threw me dirty looks. I honestly didn't understand what their problem was, he was only human.

The line started moving and I started to get anxious. Not because of the massive amount of people, but because this was the first time I'd seen the boys play live. I wiped my palms on my jeans.

The crowd was already huge, and they show didn't start for another forty-five minutes. I pushed my way up to the front, hoping Tony would be able to see me. I felt out of place wearing one of Tony's SD tank-tops and capris. Everyone else was wearing some sort of Pierce the Veil memorabilia.

The show started after what seemed like forever of getting pushed around. A few bands opened, most of them good. Then the boys came out. People started screaming and going crazy. I looked over at the guys; Mike at the drums, Jaime on bass, Tony playing the guitar, and Vic singing. Pride washed over me. My boys had made it, they were famous.

~*~

I waited for them out by the side door. It was cold for San Diego, even in November. I ran my hands over my arms hoping the friction would heat them up.

"..Yeah, I know. I miss you, too." I heard a familiar voice say, "..Yeah, yeah. Come over tonight. I'm gonna fuck you so har- Elise?" Mike appeared from behind the door, cigarette dangling between his lips.

"Mike?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"Oh shit, Mel, I gotta call you back.. Yeah, see you tonight." He shoved his phone in his pocket, face heating up.

"So, Mel, huh?" I laughed this time, the whole situation was ridiculous.

"Um, yeah, actually." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Good, you need someone, Mikey." I saw him shiver, thinking it was the cold.

"Yeah, I guess." He said in between drags from his cigarette.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly, hoping the other guys would be joining us soon.

"Hey, Lise," He started, "Um, I-I don't know if Vic told you, but.. Well, I missed you a lot. When you, you know, went to Colorado." He smiled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck again, "I never really got around to getting over you."

Something fluttered in my chest, something I thought I'd forgotten, "Mike, it's too la-"

"Late, yeah, I know. I just- I'm shit with talking about my emotions, and that's part of the reason I started drinking. I mean, that's what my counselor thinks. I don't know, this is weird, sorry." He said, turning to walk away.

"Mikey, I'm glad you've moved on." I reached out, touching his shoulder.

He spun around and planted a kiss on my lips. Shock and adrenaline ran through my veins. I tried to push him off of me, but he held my body to his. When he pulled back, he had tears in his eyes.

"Never. I could never get over you, Lise." He whispered, walking off in the opposite direction.

I stood there, eyes wide and mouth open. My heart was pounding in my chest, the only thought running through my head was what I was going to tell Tony. Did I need to tell him?

"Lise?" I heard Vic ask.

I shook my head, trying to forget what just happened, "Ye-yeah. Hey, Victor." I smiled.

"Hey, you okay?" He said, feeling my forehead and cheeks.

I laughed and pushed him off of me, "I'm fine. You guys were.. incredible."

His face lit up with a smile, "You really think so? I thought we did good tonight, too." He picked me up in a hug. Tony and Jaime joined in on the hug when they came out.

I reached over and kissed Tony, "You were awesome."

He smiled, "Thanks, babe. You're awesome!" He squeezed me.

"I know," I laughed.

"You taste like whiskey," He whispered as he put me back down. I closed my eyes, hoping Mike didn't just ruin another beautiful thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooh, man. Drama. Sorry not sorry :/
THANK YOU! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart! ♥
Thank you to:
FuEnTeSpErRy;
littleedeath
PTVTea
and preciado;
You guys are the reason I keep writing! Commenting means I'll update faster! :)