Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

Introduction;

[Sapphire]

"Guys, put down whatever useless thing you are occupied in and pay attention to me!" I heard my boyfriend, Matt, say to his friends. I stood at the top of the stairs of his friend Rian and Alex's house. Rian and Alex, along with their friends Jack and Zack were Matt's friends and I was about to meet them for the first time. Needless to say, I was nervous. I have known Matt for only a month or so but every day I hear about these four rowdy people that he is not only friends with but also works with. He is their band, All Time Low's, tour manager. If they don't like me, I don't really see much of a future with Matt and a future with Matt is what I want.

"What do you want Matt?" I heard one of them question in an impatient voice. "If this is about some useless thing about tour, then I will beat you with my guitar." I couldn't help but smile and shake my head as I imagined Matt rolling his eyes.

"No. This has nothing to do with tour." Matt told them and I could hear four collective sighs pass through the room. "Do you guys remember that girl I've been telling you about, Sapphire?" I grinned as I heard Matt speak my name.

"Your fuck buddy, yes." One of them responded, making my eyes pop open. Is that what Matt had said we were? Sure, we had done that but I had figured that we were more than that. Maybe we weren't.

"She is not my fuck buddy, Jack." Matt barked at the man I couldn't see angrily, making me smile once more. "She is my girlfriend. She is also on the stairs, listening to everything we have been saying. I want you guys to meet her. Come here, babe." I took a deep breath before taking the last of the steps in front of me. Five guys came into my vision. One of course was my boyfriend, smiling at me with his adorable brown eyes and his lip right, his spiked up brown hair in perfection just as I had seen a minute before when we arrived at the house together. I stepped up beside him, leaning into his side as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

Closest to us was a man standing with a bright green guitar resting around his neck. He had a black beanie stretched across his head, brown hair sticking out the bottom. He was tall and skinny, dressed in a pair of dark grey skinny jeans, a black v-neck shirt that seemed to have some sort of Glamour Kills design on it, and grey high top Nike's on his feet. He was extraordinarily handsome. I knew this to be Alex.

Next to him was another tall man, this one a little more lanky. He was grinning at me and for some reason, after everything Matt had told me, I knew that this was Jack, mainly because he was wearing a black shirt with BONER written across it in red. His look was finished off with shaggy black hair, black skinny jeans and his own pair of high top Nike's.

Behind them, sitting at a drum set, was a man smiling at me, showing bright white perfect teeth. His head was shaved and he wore a sleeveless shirt and a pair of grey shorts. He was absolutely adorable. This was definitely Rian.

Leaning up against the wall away from everyone else was the last man. He was very buff, his muscles showing very clearly, as well as his tattoos, as he had no shirt on, but only a pair of black cut-offs. This of course, was Zack.

"Guys, I want you to meet Sapphire. Sapphire, these are my obnoxious friends. Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack." He pointed at each of them as he said their names and I was right about them all. Five points to me! I smiled and waved at them all.

"It's nice to meet you. Matt never shuts up about you guys." I told them. Alex laughed and took a step forward after taking his guitar off and setting it on a stand beside him.

"He hasn't shut up about you since he met you in that coffee shop last month. It's nice to finally have a face with the stories." Alex told me. Much to my surprise, he reached forward and pulled me from Matt's arms and into his own. I fell against his strong chest and hugged him back, smiling. He smelled wonderful.

"I didn't interrupt band practice or anything, did I?" Matt asked once Alex and I separated.

"It wasn't so much band practice, more like me just fuckin' around on my guitar, seeing what the guys think of some things for the new record." Alex explained as he went to go sit on a couch that was up against the wall on the right.

"We were actually just about to go and get some food. You two want to join us?" Rian questioned as he stood up from behind the drum set and stretched his long arms above his head.

"Oh, I can't actually. I have to go to work. I just stopped by for a second to meet you all finally." I told them, regretfully. I honestly wished that I could stay. I wanted to know my boyfriends friends.

"Oh shit, I forgot that you had to work tonight." Matt spoke, frowning at me.

"Matt says you are a nurse at the Hospital?" Alex sort of questioned as if he didn't fully believe Matt about my occupation.

"Yeah, I am. I really should be going. I still need to go home and get changed. Maybe tomorrow we can all do something, I'm off." I told them, making them all nod.

"We'll figure something out. I'll see you in the morning when you get off." Matt told me, pulling me back against his body. I smiled and pecked his lips before turning to smile at his friends.

"It was great meeting you. I'll see you tomorrow!" Before I knew what was happening, the four had converged on us, engulfing me in a group hug. I laughed and fought away from them. "Bye, guys!"

"Bye! I'll miss you!" Jack yelled as I made my way to the stairs. I laughed and blew a kiss in their general direction before rushing up the stairs that I had descended not too long ago.


That was almost two years ago now. I was 21 years old back then, fresh out of med school. Now, I'm 23 years old and I have no job, not a truly real one anyway. When my relationship with Matt became more serious and we moved in with one another, he couldn't stand leaving me home alone when he and the guys went on tour, which was often, so he hired me as the assistant merchandise manager, working along side Vinny 'Vegas'. I toured around the entire globe with a bunch of guys. Needless to say it was crazy, most of the time very disgusting, and yet, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

When I quit my job as a nurse, my parents basically all but disowned me. I understand why, I had basically just thrown away all of the money they spent to put me through medical school. I tried to reason with them that Matt had given me a job and that it was what I really wanted to do. I was sick and tired of being cooped up in the hospital all night, working the graveyard shift. I never got to see Matt as I was working while he slept and while he was awake, I was sleeping. It was either my job or him. I chose him.

Over the years I became best friends with Alex. We were each others other halves. He had problems, he came to me. I had problems, I went to him. Four months into Matt and I's relationship we ended up breaking up for a week. Little does anyone but Alex and myself know, Alex and I hooked up four days out of those seven. It would kill Matt to know that I slept with his best friend so Alex and I decided to keep it a secret. It was in the past, just a lack of judgement. He was single, I was single, there was alcohol, he's hot. I couldn't resist. It got out all of the sexual longing I had built up for him. Well, most of it anyway.

There were times when Matt and I didn't work. I told myself that it was just all the time we spent together. We were around one another 24/7 and some times that can get a little... much. We argue far too much and one of us always ends up storming out. At the end of the day though, we fall asleep in one another's arms and that's all that matters, right?

Anyway. My name is Saphrina Love Hamilton and this story is all about how I fell in love with my boyfriends best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little something.
Not sure how well this will go so we'll see.

Comment/subscribe/recommend.

LOVE