Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

Your Forever Is All That I Need

[Alex]

I was two seconds away from firing Matt. How could he do this to Sapphire? Can he not see what Angela does to her? I glared at him across the living room, my hands balled into fists. Rian stood up, walking over to me to most likely restrain me.

"Angela is not coming on tour." I say between clenched teeth. Matt narrows his eyes at me.

"Well since Sapphire isn't coming, we need someone to help Vinny." He states, crossing his arms over his chest. I just could not believe him. This was so unlike Matt. "She never did a good job anyway." At that, I lost it. I lunged at him and if it weren't for Rian grabbing me around the middle, I would have punched Matt straight in the face.

"Get the fuck out of my house, now." I growl at him, trying to free myself from Rian's strong grasp but he held on tightly.

"She's still coming on tour with us." He says, walking towards the door. "Either she does, or I don't. And I'd like to see you guys have a functional tour without me." With that he stormed out, slamming the door after him. Rian finally releases me and I straighten up, still livid.

"I can't fucking believe him." I mumble, Rian sighs and nods. Danny and Jack just continue to sit on the couch quietly, unsure of what to say or do. "I should go find Sapphire." I say, grabbing my keys from the coffee table.

"I'll join you." Jack says, jumping up. I nod and together we walk out of the house, seeing that Sapphire's car was gone. I sigh and get into my car, Jack getting in beside me.

"Where do you think she would have gone?" Jack asks as I back out of my driveway, ignoring the fact that Matt was sitting in his car across the street, watching us.

"I don't know. Let's try her sisters place first." I suggest, making him nod so I head off in that direction. I'd only been there once and I had been sitting in the car while she dropped something off. I've never met her sister or any of her family apart from her parents a few weeks ago.

I arrive at her sister and brother in law's house in about ten minutes and thankfully see her car parked in the driveway. I park across the street and turn off my car, sighing.

"Do you wanna go up alone... or...?" Jack asks, making me shrug. "Just go alone. She needs you right now." He instructs, making me nod, knowing that he is right.

"I'll be right back." He nods as I get out of the car and slowly make my way up to the door. I take a deep breath and knock on the wood, hearing foot steps a few seconds later. The door swings open to reveal a woman who looks like the older version of Sapphire. They could be twins. Though Sapphire's hair was a dirty blonde, while this girls was black though it seemed to be dyed. She also had more wrinkles around her brown eyes, and a little more weight. Though she had just had a kid a few months ago, so that does that to you. "Um... Hi... I'm-" I start.

"I know you who you are, Alex." She cuts me off in the same bossy tone that Sapphire gets on occasion. "She's in the back room. Down the hall." She steps aside, letting me enter the house.

"Thank you." I say before following her instructions and finding the correct room. The room seemed to be a nursery. It was decorated in cute pinks and yellows, animal stencils covering the walls. Sapphire sat in a dark brown rocking chair across the room next to a crib. In her arms laid a slumbering baby wrapped in a pink blanket. Sapphire looked to her left, focusing on something out the window and didn't seem to notice me. "Sapphire." I whisper. She jumps slightly and looks at me. She sighs and continues to rock the baby, looking back out the window.

"What are you doing here, Alex?" She whispers. I sigh and come into the room, sitting on the cushioned window seat, my hands in my lap.

"I just wanted to make sure that you are okay." I tell her. She laughs softly and shakes her head.

"I'm fine, Alex. Go home. I'll be back later." She says but I shake my head.

"Look, I know-" I start but she cuts me off. What is it with the Hamilton sisters and cutting people off?

"Alex, please." She says. "I don't want to talk about this here. I want to spend time with my niece before I leave for tour in a few days." I can't help but smile at her words.

"You're gonna go on tour with us?" I ask, she smiles a little and nods.

"I figure I can't run from her forever. I need to just move on. I won't need to talk to her. Plus, I need to keep on eye on her. I don't want her stealing another one of my men." She winks at me, making me laugh softly. I stand up and go to kneel beside her.

"I'm not going anywhere, love." I say before pressing a soft kiss to her lips. I pull away and smile at her before looking at the sleeping baby in her arms. "So what's her name?" I ask.

"Ella." She says softly, staring down at the baby with affection. Just then Ella's eyes open and she looks around, her mouth forming a perfect 'o'. She yawns and wiggles a bit. Sapphire coos down at her and I can't help but smile at how cute they looked.

"She's so cute." I say, bringing my hand out to run my finger across her perfectly smooth cheek gently. Ella frees one of her hands from the blanket and reaches up, her small fist curling around my finger. I gasp and look down at the little baby grasping my finger.

"She likes you." Sapphire whispers, smiling at me. Ella's eyes are trained on me and I find myself entranced, I can't look away.

"Wow." I manage to say while Sapphire grins at me. Soon, Ella falls back asleep but her grip stays firm on my finger. "This is so... amazing. I've never had this happen before." Sapphire brings up the hand that isn't supporting Ella and rests it on my cheek.

"Everyone just loves you, Alex. It's hard not to." I move my eyes from Ella's slumbering face to Sapphire who smiles at me. I smile back before reaching up to press a kiss to her lips.

"Well I love you." I tell her. "And this little girl. She's amazing."

"I just love kids." She says, making me nod. We sit in silence for awhile longer before Sapphire decides we should head home. I agreed. Jack was probably getting restless in the car. Or he'd left without me, which was fine, I could just ride home with Sapphire. Sapphire gently places the baby in her crib, careful not to wake her. We then walk out of the room and down the hall, entering a nice living room where Sapphire's sister and some man, probably her husband, sit watching TV. "We're gonna head home. Thank you for letting me stop by."

"Properly introduce me to this young man though, Sapphire." Her sister says, standing up. Sapphire laughs and nods.

"Alex, this is my sister Kylan. Ky, this is my boyfriend Alex. And that is Ky's husband Mark." Sapphire introduces.

"It's nice to meet you, Alex." Kylan says, coming over to shake my hand. Mark gets up and does the same. "I must say, you are more attractive than Matt was." Kylan says, making us all laugh.

"I agree." Sapphire says, reaching up to kiss my cheek.

"You leave for tour on Sunday, right?" Mark asks, making me nod. "Well we're having a barbecue here Saturday afternoon. A few of my work buddies are stopping by, as well as some of Ky's friends. You two should join us." He offers.

"That sounds great. We'll be here." I say, smiling.

"I'll call you tomorrow, Ky." Sapphire says, hugging her sister before the two of us head to the door.

"I drove here with Jack." I say once we step outside. I look out across the street to see Jack fast asleep in the passengers seat, making both of us laugh.

"I'll see you back at home then." She says, reaching up to peck my lips.

"Hurry home." I call to her as we walk to our cars. She laughs and nods, blowing me a kiss before getting in her car. I get into my car, the door slamming wakes Jack.

"Hey, how'd it go?" He asks tiredly, wiping at his eyes. I laugh and start the car, heading towards home.

"Good. I met her niece, Ella. As well as her sister and brother in law." I explain. "She's also still going on tour with us."

"Good. Tour just wouldn't be the same without her." Jack says, making me nod in agreement.

As the next few days pass, Sapphire and I spend a lot of time at Kylan's house with Ella. I even watched a few baseball games with Mark while the girls gossiped in the kitchen. It was nice to be like this with Sapphire, doing normal relationship things with family. She had yet to meet my family but we agreed to have that happen after tour.

It was now Saturday and we were getting ready for the barbecue.

"I want most everything packed before we leave, Alex. We leave at five in the morning and I don't want to do much when we get back from Ky's." Sapphire calls from my bathroom where she was doing her makeup. I sat on my bed, stuffing shoes into a suitcase.

"Yes, love." I call back. She appears a second later, dressed in a strapless dress and black heels, her hair and makeup done perfectly. "Whoa." I breath, looking her up and down. "You look beautiful." I tell her, making her grin and do a small spin for me.

"You look pretty handsome." She tells me, coming over to put her hand on my chest. She looks up at me. "But then you are always handsome." She says before pressing her lips to mine. I grin and kiss her back, my hand resting on her hip while the other comes up to tangle in her hair, holding her closer. She lets me kiss her like this for a few seconds before she pulls away, grinning. "Come on, we're almost late." She says. I laugh and nod, going back to packing. She finishes up the packing she needs to do before we head out.

"Exciting?" I ask her as I drive towards her sisters.

"Yeah. It's nice to be spending time with my sister again. I haven't really gotten to see her much since I started working for you guys." She says, making me nod. We soon arrive at the house and make our way to the backyard where there is already people milling about.

"Hey Sapphire! Alex!" Kylan greets us once she sees us. She hugs us both before tugging Sapphire away to meet other ladies. I laugh and go to find Mark. He introduces me to his work buddies and we all grab beers, standing around talking about sports and politics, guy things. An hour or so later we all eat and its delicious.

"So what time do you leave for tour tomorrow?" Kylan asks me as her and I sit at the patio table. Ella is asleep on my chest. This baby just makes me turn to mush. I've always loved babies and kids, she makes me love them more though.

"Five in the morning is bus call." I tell her, cringing. She laughs.

"You know, Sapphire is different with you." She says, turning serious. I frown.

"Good different or bad different?" I wonder. Kylan laughs.

"Good. Very good." We both look across the backyard to see Sapphire dancing with one of the children Kylan's friend had brought. She was giggling and dancing while the little girl held on to her hand, spinning around. "I've never seen her as happy with Matt as she is around you."

"I love Sapphire, so much." I say, unable to take my eyes off of her.

"I know. I can tell. And I can tell she feels the same about you. I never liked Matt, there was something off about him... he just... wasn't right for her. I thought it was just because I liked her with Adam, and I felt that Matt tore her away from being a doctor but now I realize that your lifestyle, that band, out on the road, is where she is meant to be." Kylan explains, making me nod.

"She does a great job. She really loves being out on the road. She keeps us all in check." I say, making her laugh.

"Sapphire is good for that." I nod in agreement. "You'll treat her right and give her everything she's ever wanted, I can see that." Kylan gives me a very heartwarming smile. Later, we say our good byes and venture home to finish packing and get a few hours of sleep in a real bed before tour starts.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" I ask Sapphire as we walk up the stairs. We slept in the same bed, sometimes my room, sometimes hers, every few nights but other nights we slept alone and it sucked to know that she was so close yet so far. I just wanted to hold her in my bed one last night before we slept in a bunk.

"Of course." She says, smiling at me. We go about packing up our separate things and then help each other with a few things as we go.

"You excited for tour?" I ask her later as we lay in bed. Her head rests on my chest and my arms are wrapped around her tightly.

"Yeah, I am. I love tour. I'm just hoping its not full of drama." She says, drawing patters absentmindedly on my bare chest.

"It won't be, we can avoid all that useless drama, just be together. You and me." She lifts her head, smiling at me.

"You and me." She whispers, agreeing with me. Her and I... that's all I've ever wanted.. and I got it.