Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

Sooner Or Later Baby You Will Learn

[Alex]

"Alex, I need a favor from you." Matt said as he walked into the front lounge of the tour bus from the bunk area where I know he had just been at with Sapphire. We were currently stopped in some small little town, the crew bus needed some kind of repair or something and we didn't want to leave most of the crew behind so the band bus decided to stop as well. Luckily today and tomorrow were days off so it didn't put us behind at all. Everyone but myself and the couple had gone out for the day to do their own thing.

"Yeah, sure." I told him as he sat down beside me. "What's up?"

"Well, I promised Sapphire last night that I would take her shopping today since it's a day off. Now though, with the repairs to the other bus, I need to stay here in case something else goes wrong." I frowned at Matt.

"You want me to take your girlfriend shopping?" I asked making him sigh and nod.

"It's just... I promised her that she could get new clothes. She hasn't really gotten anything nice in a while. She deserves some new clothes. I'll give her my credit card, you won't have to buy a thing. In fact, you two can even get lunch, on me." Matt explained making me shrug. A day with Sapphire, just the two of us, would be fun. She was my best friend, so it shouldn't be all bad. Especially since I was getting a free lunch out of it.

"Yeah, I guess that'll be fine." I agreed, making him smile.

"Thank you so much!" He stood up right as Sapphire walked out of the bunk area looking as beautiful as ever.

"Hey Alex." She said to me, grinning before she turned to Matt who had went to stand beside her. "Ready?" She asked making Matt sigh.

"Actually," I watched as her face fell, knowing that Matt was about to bail on her. "I can't go. With the repairs to the bus happening, I need to stay here."

"Oh." She said, nodding and looking down at the ground. "I understand. That's fine. I'll just... wait until you are free then. Some other day." She gave a weak smile before I stepped forward.

"I'll go shopping with you." I told her. She looked up at me, her face lighting up.

"You will? Really?" She asked, making me nod.

"I asked him to take you." I could have sworn I saw her smile fall a little when she heard that I didn't willingly volunteer. The thought made me feel all warm inside. "I'll give you my card. Buy whatever you want. Lunch is on me for the both of you as well."

"Oh, Matt." Sapphire said, rolling her eyes at him. "You don't need to give me your card. I can buy my own clothes and lunch."

"No. I want to. I mean, I was supposed to be taking you out and buying all of that anyway. So take it." He reached into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet and taking his black credit card from its slot. He handed it to her but she shook her head and didn't take it.

"Matt, seriously. No." She shook her head. He sighed and reached forward and wrapped his arms around her waist. As she giggled I knew he had just slipped the card into her back pants pocket. "Thank you." She told him.

"It's the least I could do. I feel bad about not being able to take you out myself." He said. She smiled and shook her head.

"You can make it up to me tonight." She spoke making him nod eagerly.

"We'll be in a hotel tonight hopefully if the bus is fixed in time." I knew then that I was no longer supposed to be listening but I simply couldn't move. I was rooted to the spot, watching the couple interact as my heart broke. I had it bad for this girl. It was wrong, oh so wrong.

"Good." Matt then leaned forward and connected their lips. As the kiss became more intense I couldn't handle it anymore. I turned away from them, making my way out the bus door to wait for Sapphire outside, giving the two their privacy. I leaned up against the side of the bus, wishing the image of Matt's tongue down her throat and his hands all over her ass would leave my mind. "Alex? You ready to go?" I jumped when Sapphire's voice spoke beside me. I opened my eyes to see her walking out the bus door.

"Yup. Shall we go?" She nodded and linked our arms together. "Where to first?" I asked her as we walked towards the outlet mall down the block.

"Well..." She started. "Do you want food now or do you want to wait a little while?" She asked.

"We can do a little shopping first." I responded making her nod. When we got to the mall she led me into Forever 21 where she spent the next twenty minutes going from rack to rack, pulling out shirts and dresses that she wanted to try on. I found a seat in a chair by the dressing room while she went to try on the first outfit.

"How does this look?" I looked up from my phone where I was scrolling through Twitter to see Sapphire standing in front of me in a blue and white dress. The bodice was white and the skirt was a light blue. She looked wonderful.

"Beautiful." I told her. We smiled at each other for a second before she turned and went back to the dressing room to try on something else. This went on until she had narrowed her purchases down to two dresses, three tops, a pair of shorts and a pair of blue flats that matched the first dress she put on. Even with Forever 21 low prices, the purchase still set Matt's credit card back a few hundred dollars. I knew Matt didn't have money issues but that was still a hell of a lot of money. I guess you just do that for the one you love.

After we went into Charlotte Russe and Sapphire did the same thing, we decided to get some lunch at the Mexican restaurant across the street.

"Thank you for taking me out, Lex." She said as we ate our delicious food.

"Of course. Sorry that it's not Matt, he did feel really bad about bailing on you." I told her. She shrugged and nodded.

"Its probably a good thing to have some space anyway." She responded. I watched her closely as she looked down at her plate. She seemed to be frowning.

"You guys okay?" I asked and instantly knew it was the wrong question as her eyes filled with tears. "Sapphire?"

"We're fine. Matt is great." She smiled softly at me but I saw right through it.

"What's going on, Sapphire. You can talk to me about anything, you know that." I told her, reaching across the table to take her hand in mine. She stared down at our interlocked hands making me start to pull back but she gripped my hand tightly.

"I just ... Do you believe in true love?" Her question caught me off guard. I instantly regretted bringing Matt up. I don't think I could handle sitting around talking about how in love the two of them were.

"What do you mean?" I wondered.

"Soul mates. Do you think they exist?" I continued to frown at her, making her sigh. "Do you believe that there is one person out there for everyone?"

"Well.. Yeah, I guess there could be.." I answered, still unsure of where this was going. "Do you think Matt is your soul mate?" Why? Why on earth would I ask that question? I didn't want to hear the answer.

"Honestly?" She sighed and again went back to staring at our linked hands. "No." She whispered. "I love Matt, I do. So very much and he makes me happy, but I'm just not sure if I believe in soul mates."

"Why not?" I questioned earning yet another sigh from her.

"Did I ever tell you about the guy I dated before I met Matt?" I tried to remember if any of her past boyfriends at ever been mentioned and realized that I had never heard about her with anyone else. I guess I always must figured he was her first.

"No." I told her.

"Is name was Adam." She continued to look down at our hands but I could tell she couldn't really see them, she was picturing Adam in her mind. "I was so in love with him. We were perfect together. He was my high school sweetheart and most of my college sweetheart. We were together for seven years." My eyes widened at this information. That's a long time.

"Wow. Why did you guys break up?"

"Over time..something happened. I would say we fell out of love but I'm not I'm sure that's really what happened. I loved Adam, I still do, but after awhile I guess we both just realized that we weren't what each other wanted. We had run our course." She explained.

"He realized this too?" I wondered making her nod

"Its like it clicked for both of us at the same time. I love Matt, like I said but... What if he's not who I'm meant to be with? What if by being with him, I'm missing out on my actual soul mate if such a thing exists?" She looked up at me then and my heart broke at the look in her eyes. She looked so lost and confused.

"I don't know, Sapphire. I wish that I had a better answer, but I really don't. I guess you just follow your gut." I told her. She nodded and retracted her hand from beneath mine. She wiped at the few tears that had fallen down her cheeks.

"I'm going to step outside." She quickly stood up and grabbed her shopping bags before rushing from the restaurant. I sighed and stood up as well. I tossed a money down on the table for the bill before rushing after her. I found her leaning against the side of the building, crying. She tried to stop the tears when I stepped in front of her but as I pulled her into my arms she let out a sob and continued crying. "I don't know what to do, Alex." She mumbled into my shirt as I rubbed her back up and down.

"I know, babe, I know." I didn't really know what else to say or do. She lifted her head up and looked into my eyes.

"You remember that weekend we spent together? When Matt and I broke up for a few days." She asked.

"Of course I do." I responded instantly as I brought a hand up to wipe her cheeks.

"I miss that. I was so... Relaxed and it was just so.. right. You know what I mean?" I couldn't help but smile as I nodded.

"Those few days were perfect." She let a small smile grace her lips as she nodded at my words.

"They were." I stared into her blue eyes.

"What if your soul mate was standing right in front of you?" I found myself saying.

"Alex." She whispered as I leaned my face closer to hers. I watched as her eyes slid shut before I closed my own right as our lips touched.

This is what kissing your soul you rate had to be like. It was far too amazing and perfect for it to mean nothing.