Strong From What They Made Me

Chapter 13

"And I.... I love him, and Ashley." I admitted. Sammi nodded understandingly. "Been there, done that." She laughed. "Why are you laughing?! This is serious."
"Just take them each on the date, don't tell them what for. Whoever is polite, and connects with you better, is 'The one'"
"But how am I suppose to know?"
"I don't know. that all depends on you."
"But-"
"Nope! No buts. now go back to the bus and invite ash on a date."
"Fine" I groaned, going to the bus and stepping on, tapping ash's shoulder. He looked at me and casually raised an eyebrow. "Would you maybe, kinda, want to go on a date with me?" I asked quietly. He shrugged. "Sure?"
"Alright. Tonight?"
"Okay. I'll be ready around sevenish. See you then." He smiled at me and walked off the bus. I sighed quietly. Time to get ready.

I was in a spaghetti strapped black dress with lace and black flats.
Ash took my hand and we walked out together. "Thanks for uh, saying yes." I said quietly, he just smiled and nodded. "This is like, a test thing or something. I can tell. And if it doesn't work, let's be friends."
"I'd like that Ashley, I really would." I smiled. He and I walked into the small, beautiful restaurant I'd chosen. He lead me to our table and pulled out my chair for me. "M'lady."
"Why, thank you." I giggled, shaking my head. He chuckled and sat in his own chair. A waitress walked over and I let Ash order for me. All part of the plan. You're crazy I thought. This man cheated on you twice. Twice. And has a record of loving sex. What the fuck Sandy. I shook off the thoughts and watched the food arrive. "That was fast" Ash said thoughtfully. I nodded and started to eat. Over the night Ash and I spoke and laughed, shoving each other and playing footsie under the table. By the time dinner was done and paid for, Ash had Catalina salad dressing smeared down his cheek and I had apple juice in my hair. We stepped out into the pouring rain, laughing. "It's raining! It's pouring! The old man is snoring!" I sang. Ash laughed and joined in. "He went to bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up 'til the morning!" We sang, dancing around like little kids. We ignored the weird looks we got. I shrieked and fell into a puddle, laughing harder. Ashley fell into the puddle beside me, neither of us could really breathe.

I walked onto the bus holding Ash's hand, giggling. "I can't believe you said that to an old lady!"
"I can't believe you didn't"
"But she was like, four times your age!"
"And...?" He laughed, I playfully hit his arm, laughing. He hugged me. "I had a lot of fun, but I think it's time we both turned in." He smiled. I nodded and looked around. Everyone else was already asleep. I went off into the bathroom to change. I changed into a cute tank top and some blue pants.
I silently climbed into my bunk, curled up and went to sleep.

I woke up to somebody poking me. "Saaannddddy." A deep voice cooed. "No." I pouted. "Sandy you have a phone call..." They said. I opened my eyes to have andy all up in my face. So on instinct I blew out some air, he shrieked and handed me the phone running off complaining about his eyes stinging. I put the phone to my ear. "Sandy Mathers speaking, who is this?"
"Sandy. It's me, Reese."
"Reese, what the fuck do you want you fucking asshole."
"Ouch, that totally burnt a hole in my ego."
"Oh go fuck yourself"
"Nah, more like fuck you."
"When, where, what position?"
"Tonight, on your bus, doggy style."
"What the hell do you want?"
"To say sorry dammit!" He said, hanging up, before there was a knock at the bus door. I get up and walked to it, opening the door. "Yeah?" I growled, looking Reese in the eye. "Let's make up over coffee." He offered quietly. "Alright. Fine. Take a seat, I'll go get dressed." I shook my head and walked to my suitcase, pulling out some clothes and changing into them. I was dressed in a spaghetti strap striped shirt, ripped skinny jeans and black ballet flats when I walked out.
"Alright Reese, let's go." I smiled, walking out with him.