Strong From What They Made Me

Chapter 16

"I choose.. I... uhm..." I stammered. I looked into Andy's pain filled eyes. I couldn't. I couldn't choose. I picked up my clothes and the cat carrier, running past them. The kitten protested but I was too busy getting to the nearest hotel. I scrambled to pull out my wallet and I paid for a room, snatching my key and running to it. I unlocked the door and walked in, letting the cat out and putting everything down. I whipped out my phone. "Hello?" The oh so familiar voice on the other end answered. "Jinxxy." I sobbed. "I'm in the hotel on fourth street. Could you bring my stuff?"
"Sandy! Yeah, of course. I'm coming."
"The door's unlocked. Room 517" I sniffed, hanging up. I sat on the couch, and the kitten hopped up beside me. She curled up in my lap. "I can't believe they want me to choose." I mumbled. Jinxx ran in a few minutes later, putting my bag down and closing the door, and he walked over, sitting beside me and putting his arm around my shoulders. "What happened Pandy?"
"Ashley found out..." I said quietly. "He did?"
"Then they wanted me to choose."
"Well, who did you pick?"
"I can't pick Jinxx!"
"Alright, okay, calm down Sandy."
"I can't calm down Jinxx!"
"Okay." He soothed, rubbing my arm. "Okay, let's try and finger this out.What do you think- Is that a kitten in your lap?"
"Yes. Problem? Andy bought it." I snipped. "Okay, Okay."
"Wait- Watch her." I said, placing her in his lap. I went to my bag and opened it, pulling out a small box. I sat back down and opened it, pulling out thirty, maybe forty hospital bracelets. I showed them to Jinxx. "These are all- attempts at suicide. Okay?"
"Sandy..."
"And by the end of next month, there's gonna be more, do you know why Jinxx?"
"No, why Sandy?"
"Because of the two boys." I whispered, putting the bracelets away. "They make me want to die."