Strong From What They Made Me

Chapter 4

"Damn!"
"Fuck! She's hot!"
"Hey there sexy lady" Ash smirked, walking to me. "Last night was fun, eh Purdy?" I grinned, walking towards the other models. He followed me and when I stopped he wrapped his arms around me and attempted to kiss my neck. I pushed him away and hid behind one of the other girls. "Oh Sandy, don't play hard to get, it's not attractive." He chuckled. "Not interested!" I laughed, running off. I heard a sharp "Oh you know you are!" Before Ashley came running down the hall after me. "Ashley, not. Interested. I have to go do that fashion show too." I rolled my eyes, walking through a door marked "Authorized personnel only", leaving Ashley alone outside of it. "Ey. Sandy. You ready?" My boss Alonzo asked, walking over. Before you even ask, Alonzo is Italian, to explain his name. Yeah. "Oh, yes. Sure am." I smiled. He laughed, giving me a pat on the back. "Of course."
"Mr. Ricci, where is today's show?"
"Well, here!" He nodded, thinking about it. He gave one final nod. My body froze. Here. But, the boys are here. Oh god. "Okay." I whispered, walking off to do my make-up. I just added a bit of eyeliner and dusted my face with a soft colour to make myself look less pale. As I did that, I heard two of the other models whispering behind me. "She's so fat."
"I know."
"It's about time she's fired." I turned around to see none other than Courtney and Anni. They're the agency ass-kissers. And by that I mean they make everyone else feel like crap then go kiss the boss's ass. I laughed at them. "Totally fat. I mean, looks at me!" I shrugged, skipping off to my spot near the doors. I wasn't really nervous anymore seeing as maybe I might have a little crush on Ashley. Maybe. I could hear the announcer through the flimsy wooden doors. "....and the models were told to pick some of the company's band merch to sport on the runway today. So without further adiue, the models!" He chirped. He's way too happy. I watched Joahna walk out. I caught a glimpse of the crowd. Huge. They were quiet as an instrumental of Saviour blared through the speakers. My heart sped up. Why am I so nervous? I've never been scared like this before. I walked out on my cue and did my posing at the end of the catwalk. Then turned and walked off. I was barely through the doors when my knees bucked and gave out, and I was unconscious before I even hit the ground.

A steady beeping woke me up. "What the fuck is that?" I growled. One of my hands was really incredibly warm. I think somebody was holding it. "Mh. Warm hand. move the warm to my face." I mumbled. My hand was released and one of my cheeks grew hot. I decided it was time to open my eyes, so I did. "What the- Ashley?" I asked. He looked at me worriedly and kept his hand on my cheek. "Ashley, what happened? I mean... I was fine on the catwalk, then... I just passed out." I whispered. "Stress."
"Stress?"
"Yeah. Doctors said your heart was stressed, pumped the blood too fast and it just kinda, happened." He replied. "Oh..."
"But I went to your house and your roommate let me in. I grabbed you a shirt and some pants. I swear, I didn't go near your underwear." He said. I laughed. "I wouldn't mind. You've seen it before."
"True. But the doctors said you can go whenever. Just sign yourself out." He shrugged. He made the cutest face, I swear. I sat up and nodded. He helped me out of the stiff, uncomfortable hospital bed and helped me get my clothes and to the bathroom. Then left me to do my stuff. I changed into the slutty strapless top and black skinny jeans he had chosen, and slipped my feet into black high heels.
As I walked out I playfully glared at him. "Horny koala." I laughed. He grinned and took my hand, walking out into the lobby and taking me to the desk. I signed myself out and he took me out to a small car. "This is your rental I'll assume?" I hoped. "Yup." He shrugged. "Good." I smiled, climbing into the passenger seat. He got into the driver's and took me home quickly.