Celebrate The Moments Behind Me

Chapter 1

I slammed the down empty, dripping cup down. "More!" I shouted over the noise. The bartender nodded and brought out the bottle of whiskey, unscrewing the cap and pouring it in. "Leave the bottle." I mumbled. He nodded and held out his hand. I placed a few folded bills into his hand. A girl came and sat beside me. "Tequila. Wait- no. Rum. I want rum." She said. Her eyes flickered to me, I saw it, so I looked down. "Hey- are you pity drinking?" She asked. I looked at her. "Pity for myself." I added. She nodded. "Me too."
"Broken heart?"
"Beyond broken."
"What happened- if you don't mind me asking."
"My boyfriend died." She said quietly. I could barely read her lips. "I'm so sorry." I sympathized. "What about you?"
"Oh, two boys, one heart. You know?" I shrugged. "They made me want to die." I explained further. "Oh, I'm sorry. Hey, I'm Amy." She smiled, holding her hand out. I shook it. "Sandy, you can call me Pandy." Then we really got to talking, but the topic changed. we talked about things like jobs, like cars, like homes, and by the end of the night I was meeting up with her tomorrow, and we were going to go pick out an apartment. I know- soon right?

I walked into the apartment with the paint. "Yay!" I chirped. She laughed. "Hooray!"
"Mazeltov!" She yelled. I smiled. "Mazeltov to us." And I put the paints down. "I'mma go paint my room." I informed her, before picking up some of the paints I would need and skipping off.
I stepped back. "Dayum! Amy come see this!" I laughed. She walked over. "Damn!" She agreed. I grinned. And it's almost dry." I said, swiping my finger down the wall. It came off clean. I grabbed my bags from the hall and popped them down on the bed, following her out to help paint everything else.

The smell of paint lingered in the apartment the next day. I flipped the last pancaked and slipped it onto Amy's plate, setting the table. She tiredly walked out- still in her pajamas and looked at the food. "Oh my god- Sandy I love you!" She squealed. "I know you do." I smirked, sitting. We ate, not shutting up, then I washed our dishes. Super quick. My phone rang- Smoke and Mirrors. It was Jinxx. I answered my phone. "Morning."
"Well- afternoon for me." Jinxx laughed. "Yeah yeah mister I'm in France, suck my dick. How's it going?" I joked. He smiled. "I miss you Sandy."
"So do I!" I heard Sammi's voice in the background. I giggled. "I miss you guys too. You're coming out here when you get to L.A., alright? I just got a new apartment."
"You sharing with somebody?"
"Yeah, her name's Amy. Amy say hi!"
"HI!" She called from the living room. I laughed lightly. "I was just checking to see how you're doing."
"I will admit, Amy and I got drunk last night, kinda, and I may or may not be hungover." I admitted. Jinxx chuckled, I could picture him shaking his head. "You're crazy. Anyway- I'll see you next week."
"Next week? Isn't that a little early?"
"No- andy broke his nose."
"Good god. That kid needs to slow the fuck down."
"Yeah- I know. And I have to take care of him."
"Then no- you will NOT be seeing me next week." I groaned. "Andy will not be setting foot in my new life. Nope."
"Sandy come on. Be reasonable. He's totally out of it and won't know who you are."
"I'm going to trust you Jinxxy."
"Okay. I love you Sandy!" He smiled. I smiled along- we said that because we're like family. "Love you too Jinxx." I said, and he hung up. Amy walked in. "Who was that?" She grinned. "My best friend ever." I shrugged. She fake pouted. "I thought I was!"
"I just met you two days ago."
"True. True."
"Or three. Or something." I thought out loud. She grinned. "Yeah yeah. Let's go out clubbing. Dress sexy." She turned and skipped out. I shook my head playfully and went to my room. Whale then. Yes. Whale then.