Lover Dearest

Chapter 1

She stared at her wrists. All scarred and pink. Her tears ran black from the makeup she'd caked on before. She just wanted to feel beautiful. But in the reality she lived in, where nobody who was over 100 pounds was beautiful, how could she do that? She just wanted to escape. Nobody would let her. But it's not like they really cared about her, right? This girl. She picked up her razor. Maybe she couldn't kill herself just yet, but she could still hurt. Hurt and cry. Nobody could take that from her.

Annaliese looked at her tip jar. Did she have enough? She eagerly counted the money. 119... 120... She thought as she counted out the coins. She stood there for a good ten minutes until she hit what she needed. Anna smiled for the first time that day. Sure she was covered in chili and milk. Maybe she had gum in her hair. So what her boss got mad at her for something she didn't do? She got to go to the concert! She looked around, she wanted to tell anybody and everybody. She spotted her only friend Lee. Anna ran over to her. "Lee! Lee! I have the money! We can go! We can go!" Anna shrieked. Lee gasped and hugged her. "Yes! That's it!" She yelled. The two girls celebrated before they had to return to work.

Anna walked into the mall. She needed clothes. She had to look good for Friday, right? She was seeing her favourite band in concert.

See, if you haven't guessed yet, Anna is what people call a "fangirl" but she calls it dedication. But isn't it the same thing? Well- no. There's a difference between being dedicated and having ten blogs about this one band. Y'know? She saw no problem with it. But to others it was... strange.

Anna's arm itched. She knew that itch too well. She slipped into the bathroom and went into a stall. Surely she could just make a small cut, right? But where? Her sleeves were too short. She shrugged and proceeded to pull a blade from her wallet, slicing her shoulder in hopes it'd be hidden under her sleeve. She leaned against the stall door, breathing a sigh of relief. "Yes..." She whispered. "NO. I'M A MAN." A familiar voice yelled. "And I'm an octagon! Go!" The other voice yelled back. The blade dropped from Anna's hand and she hurriedly pulled some toilet paper from the canister and pressed it to her arm. "Is there anybody in there?" The voice called. God, who's voice was it? There was a gasp. "Hey, listen, if you're doing what I think you're looking, you don't deserve what you're doing to yourself." The boy called. Anna looked down, spotting the razor. Oh no. Not this again. Somebody else had found out and called her family. Luckily, nobody was home. She stayed silent. "Hey, I know I'm a guy but really, you can talk to me." They said quietly. Anna still continued to be silent. She heard shuffling feel before somebody crawled under the stall. She knew that hair anywhere...