‹ Prequel: Forever Hold My Heart

This Ends Now.

Life Occurrences

“Katelyn don’t get carried away,” Clarence said as he held the key to the room, “As a matter of fact, strip her of any weapons.”
“Sorry Katelyn,” Evan said as he took away my gun and and patted me down for anything else.
“It’s not a problem,” I said as Clarence opened the door. “Don’t miss a thing he says.”
I slowly walked in and took a seat across from the bastard I didn’t want to see. It had been three months and I was doing just fine without him.
“I didn’t think you would come back to see me,” Brayden said. Last time I saw Brayden he had this sickening gleam in his eye but now he looked like his spirits had been broken.
“I didn’t think so either, but after I found the safe and my sister I thought I’d personally come and tell you,” I said. The best part about him being imprisoned was that he had no idea that I was lying.
“Is that all you wanted to tell me? How is she doing?” He asked
“Why should you care,” I said
“She was the one who didn’t turn out to be a disappointment,” He said
“So just because I didn’t become a Latronis Animae makes me a disappointment?” I asked
“No you’re only a Custos, Amelia on the other hand is a Custos and a Periculum.” He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.
“How is that even possible,” I said
“She was my experiment and she worked out beautifully too,” He said
“Well it doesn’t matter because its all over,” I said
“She was the only one of us who wasn’t a Latronum,” He said I got up and started walking away. “I’m glad that you guys have her, she was all alone out there anyways.”
I hesitated before I opened the door. I came face to face with Clarence.
“What is the plan now?” I asked
“We tell the board and wait,” Clarence said as he handed me my gun
“But she’s out there all alone,” I said
“Hey I wouldn’t perceive her as so innocent considering she sent you your finger,” Clarence said and I cringed as an image of my finger came to my head. I thought only the mafia use to send people body parts.
“Point proven but she could try to start something. I’m just saying the sooner someone gets to her then the better I’ll feel,” I said
“I’ll see what I can do,” Clarence said
“Okay just tell me when you get news,” I said
“Alright, I swear to God Katelyn, if I find out you went out looking for her I will personally kill you myself,” He said
“No, I honestly didn’t think about that,” I said and I gave him a smile.
“Oh no! Don’t make me put you in a cell too,” He said and he shook his head.
“I won’t make any rash decisions unless the board says something I don’t like,” I said with a smile and he shook his head “Well I got things planned so see you later.”
“I’ve got my eye on you,” Clarence called out and I just waved.
I was still going to the guys house. They didn’t know I was on my way but I would never tell them anyways. They would want to know the news I’ve come across.
As I pulled up the house everything seemed in place like always the minute I walked inside I knew it wasn’t just another day.
“Cecilia! Open this door or so help me God I will kick it down!” I heard Damien yelling. I ran upstairs and saw Damien, Gavin, Julian and Daniel had gathered around her door. These past couple of months had been hard on Cecilia, she wasn’t happy in this house, she liked it but she missed her family more.
“Alright let’s all calm down.” I said as I made my way through them. “What’s going on?”
“We went to the store, she bought a couple of things and now she’s in there crying. She won’t open the door. I don’t know what happened, and every time we open the door she just pushes it shut.” Damien said I knocked on the door.
“Cecilia, it’s Katelyn can I come in,” I said and it was quiet. The door slowly opened, I walked in and gave the guys a look. I closed the door behind me, Cecilia looked like a mess. She was wiping away the tears from her eyes and she went back to curl onto her bed.
“Cecilia what’s wrong,” I said as I sat next to her, she started to sob.
“I can’t- I can’t,” She cried and I pulled her into a hug. I helped her calm down, I couldn’t think of anything that would get her so worked up.
“What’s wrong?” I asked her
“I don’t know what to do Katelyn,” She said and I rubbed her back
“About what?” I asked and she pointed to the bathroom. I got up and walked over to the bathroom, I turned the light on and found a box on the floor. I already knew what it was before I picked it up, it was a pregnancy test. I saw the test on the counter, it was positive. Cecilia was pregnant, which meant Gavin was going to be a father. I was excited but I was nervous for her.
“Cecilia don’t cry I’m sure Gavin is going to be a great father,” I said and she started crying even harder this time. I hurried by her side, “Cecilia please don’t cry, I’m sure if we just talked to him-”
“No! You don’t understand!” She snapped at me she grabbed me by the shirt collar. She pulled me in so she could whisper in my ear. “I’ve been sleeping with Damien too.”
My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to say something. She just started sobbing again as I tried to soak up what she just told me.
“So then you’re not sure who the-” I started
“NO! I don’t know!” She yelled at me
“Okay, just calm down. You have to tell them,” I said
“I know but I’m scared,” She said “Who wants to be with a whore,”
She continued to cry.
“Well I mean Damien knew you were with Gavin right?” I asked and she nodded, “So he shouldn’t be shocked but Gavin...”
I trailed off, Gavin was my fragile best friend. Especially now he was just starting to get use to everything, he was starting to feel happy again. How would he feel if he found out that Cecilia was cheating on him with Damien.
“Okay we’re going to a clinic,” I said and she looked at me. “We’re going to make sure the test is right then together we’re going to tell Gavin and Damien.”
“We can’t if word gets out my parents are going to kill me,” She said
“They’re going to find out eventually,” I said and I paused, “Unless you plan on getting an-”
I couldn’t even say it. She didn’t want to look at me.
“I don’t think I could do that,” She said softly and I sighed
“Good, now I’ll take you to a doctor who’s become my friend in the past couple of months,” I said
“Okay,” she said and she followed me out. Damien and Gavin were outside of the room waiting for us and I just put my hand up.
“I’m taking her out for a girls day out,” I said and Gavin stepped forward to say something. “No boys.”
I pushed Cecilia ahead of me, until we reached outside.

We were on our way back home. The trip to my doctor wasn’t fun, Cecilia was indeed pregnant. He told her that he could do a DNA test while she was pregnant but it might cause her to lose the baby. He recommended that she wait until after the baby was born. The whole way back Cecilia held her hand over her stomach.
“Will you stay while I tell them,” She said softly
“Yeah I’ll stay,” I said
“I think I’ll tell Damien first then I’ll tell Gavin,” She said
“Okay,” I said as we pulled up to the house.
“Thank you,” She said
“It’s no problem,” I said and my phone started ringing, I already knew it was Travis, he had a different ringtone set just for him.
“Hey there handsome,” I smiled
“Hey beautiful,” He said and I got out of the car.
“What’s on your mind?” I asked
“I was just going to ask you when you were coming back, I have a surprise for you,” He said
“Um well I should be back in time for lounge time,” I said
“Perfect, see you then,” He said
“Okay, bye,” I hung up and looked to see Cecilia still in the car. I opened her door.
“You ready?” I asked her and she slowly nodded.
I took her to her room and went to get Damien.
“How is she?” He asked
“She’s had better days,” I said as we got to her room. Damien walked into the room and I was about to walk out.
“Katelyn you said you would stay.” Cecilia said pleading. I walked back in and closed the door. I watched as Cecilia proceeded to tell Damien that she needed to tell him something. She started crying and I could tell Damien was hesitant in comforting her only because I was there. I gave him the sign to do something. He wrapped his arms around her and rocked her.
“Damien I’m pregnant,” She said and he stopped. She pulled away from his arms so she could watch his face expression. He kept shifting his eyes from her to me. “She knows everything.”
I gave him a slight nod to confirm it. He gave her this huge smile and kissed her.
“I don’t know what to say, I’m going to be a dad,” He said and he got up and lifted her up. He quickly put her down. “This is huge, I just- wow!”
“Damien theres more,” She said and she looked so torn about having to tell him he might not be the father. “It might not be yours.”
Realization sunk in and he sat back down. She sat down next to him and started crying again.
“I’m so sorry,” She said
“No, don’t be sorry.” He grabbed her hands, “I don’t care what happens but I want to be here for you. I want that baby to be mine and if it isn’t then I’ll still love him like my own. I want to be with you.”
I’d never seen Damien show so much emotion, it was rather heart warming. It made me think about if I ever got pregnant. If I ever was going to get pregnant.
“We’re going to be a happy family,” I heard Damien said as he held her. I remembered about my sister and I felt sick. She was out there doing God knows what. What would they do with her once they captured her. It was obvious that she wasn’t going to like me very much, I was the reason she was out there by herself. I couldn’t figure out how this was possible. I was broken out of my thoughts when I saw Damien and Cecilia making out.
I shook my head as I left the room making sure I locked it before I left. I was walking down the hallway when I bumped into Eddie.
“Is everything okay?” He asked me and I nodded
“Yeah, just life,” I said and he nodded
“So what’s new with you?” He asked and I sighed as we walked downstairs.
“Are you kidding me, you’re not even going to believe me,” I said
“Try me,” He said
“I have a sister,” I said and he stopped walking.
“How come you’ve never said anything before?” He asked
“I just found out... well sort of. She sent me a threat to return Brayden to her or else.” I said
“So it’s not over?” He asked
“That’s what I thought but I tricked Brayden into thinking that we already found her and he pretty much admitted she was all by herself anyways.” I said
“But where is she?” He asked as we entered the kitchen.
“That’s the thing we don’t know, Clarence is going to tell the board and then they’ll decide what to do.” I said
“How old is she?” He asked
“I have no idea, I wouldn’t even recognize her if she walked right in front of me,” I said
“Sucks that you’ll never really get to meet her,” He said
“That’s the thing though she’s not a Latronum. She’s a royal and a guardian,” I said and he gave me a confused look.
“How is that possible?” Blake said as he walked in. I had gotten used to my conversations being broadcasted in this house. They would do it unless I asked them not to.
“DNA experimenting,” I said
“Right didn’t your mom do that with you,” Eddie said
“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about that safe though,” I said
“Still?” Blake asked
“Yeah I mean what was in there that was so important?” I asked and I poured myself a glass of water. “I was thinking that maybe there is recipes to my moms medicines and everything that she practiced.”
“It’s a possibility but what do you think Brayden thought was in there?” Blake asked
“Maybe something with the DNA altercation,” Eddie said
“I was thinking that too, but it seems like he’s kind of figured that out with my sister.” I said
“What about how to alter the DNA for a specific outcome,” Eddie said and I slowly nodded my head.
“That’s definitely a possibility,” I said
“I guess we wouldn’t really know unless you opened the safe your self,” Daniel said as he joined the conversation. Then they all looked at me.
“Don’t get no bright ideas,” Blake said
“Oh my God! I only left once and that was because I had to plus I gave my word.” I said referring to the time I turned myself into the Frigus Iustitia.
“Sure...” Blake said and I playfully punched his arm
“So do you think they’ll put your sister in prison along side with Brayden?” Daniel asked
“Her names Amelia and I have no idea.” I said
“Maybe she’ll turn out to be good and you can be best siblings,” Blake said
“I don’t need anymore siblings, I already have the worlds most annoying brothers in this house,” I laughed
“Annoying yet handsome,” Julian said as he entered the kitchen.
“Yeah right,” Daniel said
“Who was the one who got rejected the other day at the mall,” Eddie said
“Settle down guys, Katelyn doesn’t need another sister she already has one right here,” Adrian walked in and put his arm over Julian’s shoulders. We continued on making fun of eachother. I don’t think I would be as normal without the guys. I looked at the time it was already 6:40 which meant lounge time starts in 6 minutes which meant I was late.
“Oh damn, I’m running late I got to go,” I said
“Late for what?” Blake asked
“Travis-” I started
“Right almost forgot you guys were together,” Adrian said
“How’s that going for you?” Eddie asked
“It’s going great,” I smiled
“I still think its a little weird, I mean he was our teacher and camp leader,” Daniel said
“Well when you put it that way it is, but there isn’t that much of an age difference,” Eddie said
“Like what 20 years?” Blake joked
“Shut up.” I said
“He just turned 29 last month and you’re 19, that’s a ten year difference,” Adrian said
“Katelyn’s happy and that’s all that matters,” Blake said putting his arm around my shoulders. “Even if she goes for guys with gray hair.”
I slapped the back of his head.
“He does not have gray hair,” I said looking down at my phone it was 6:43, “See now I’m really going to be late.”
“If he’s kept in his pants this long he can wait a little longer,” Julian said and my eyes widened.
“I can’t believe you just said that,” I said getting up, “You guys need to get a girl and get laid.”
I texted Travis telling him I was running late because the guys were being impossible.
“Is he any good in bed?” Blake yelled biting into an apple. Now they were just trying to get under my skin.
“I’m still a virgin,” I yelled back and opened the door.
“So are we!” Julian yelled back, I just shook my head the things they made me talk about.

When I got back to camp, I walked into the gates and could see Travis waiting for me. He was sitting down in front of the lounge. When he spotted me, he met me half way.
“Hey, sorry I’m late the guys were playing ‘let’s see how far we can push Katelyn today’ game,” I said as he rested his hands on my waist. He gave me a quick kiss.
“Sound like an interesting game, maybe we should play someday,” He said with a smile and I shook my head.
“So what is this surprise you were talking about?” I asked
“You’ll see but before I take you, you have to promise me something,” He said. I could tell he was being very serious.
“Okay,” I said looking up at him.
“Promise me you won’t go out looking for your sister unless you have permission to do so.” He said
“Damn Clarence and I promise I won’t go out looking for her.” I said and he sighed, “Plus she hates my guts.”
“Don’t say that,” He said as we walked out to the parking lot.
“It’s true, I wouldn’t be surprised if she pays me a visit in my sleep,” I said as we got into his car.
“I wouldn’t let it happen,” He said pulling out a blindfold.
“What’s that for?” I asked and he gave me a smile.
“I don’t want the surprise to be ruined,” He said and he handed it to me.
“If it makes you feel better,” I said putting it on and over my eyes. I felt him hold my hand. “Is it far?”
“Actually its not,” He said and shortly after I heard the car come to a stop.
“We’re here already?” I asked and I reached for my blindfold but he slapped my hand away.
“Yes but you can’t look.” He said
“Okay but hurry,” I said and I heard him getting out of the car. My door was opened shortly after. I grabbed his arm as he guided me.
“Hold on,” he said and I heard him unlocking a door. The door opened with a small creak, he led me inside and a sweet smell of cookies filled my nose.
“It smells good,” I said and Travis laughed.
“It’s the air freshener that I bought,” He said
“You bought one that smells like cookies?” I asked
“You can never go wrong with cookies,” He said and we stopped walking. I heard him close the door. “You ready?”
“Yes,” I said and I reached up and pulled off the blindfold. I opened my mouth to say something but I was shocked. I was in a house, it was the house Travis always took me to in our dreams. Every detail was the same, I felt my eyes water. It was perfect, I looked down at Travis and he got down on his knee. He was holding a little velvet box, my heart dropped. This was happening too fast.
He opened it and it was a key, I felt myself relax.
“Katelyn will you do me the honors and move in with me?” Travis asked he had a nervous smile.
“I don’t know I kind of like sleeping on a bunk bed with a whole bunch of other guys in the room,” I said playfully and I saw his smile faltered. “I’m just kidding. I’d love to live here with you, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
He stood up and lifted me up into a hug, I laughed.
“Did you want to look around?” He asked as he put me down.
“If I’m right I’ve already seen this place a thousand times. How did you make this place just like the one in our dreams” I said lightly tracing my fingers over one of the picture frames.
“I had been working on this for awhile and once it was done I showed it to you in your dreams. The only reason why it took awhile to actually bring you was because I was waiting for the request to go through.” Travis said I turned around and gave him a soft kiss
“Thank you,” I whispered against his lips. He pulled me in closer by wrapping his arms around my waist. He continued to kiss me when my phone started ringing. He slightly pulled away.
“Are you going to get that?” He asked
“No,” I said and I continued to kiss him. I felt him reach into my back pockets. I smiled into our kiss, I pulled away, “If you answer that you’re going to regret it.”
He stared into my eyes, and glanced at my phone.
“It’s Cecilia,” He said and my eyes widened a bit. I had completely forgotten about her. I grabbed my phone and quickly answered it.
“Hello?” I answered and Travis looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
“Hey Katelyn, sorry to bother you but um- I was just wondering when you would be able to come back over,” She said and I knew she wanted to tell Gavin. As she was asking me Travis was trailing soft kisses down my jawline.
“Oh are you going to tell him today?” I asked trying hard to focus on the conversation.
“Yeah I think the sooner the better,” She said
“Okay well Travis and I will be there in a few,” I said and I hung up. Travis nibbled on my ear, I laughed and began to squirm. “Don’t do that.”
“You know you like it,” He said
“You’re just lucky that I like you,” I smiled and his face mirrored mine. “Come on, you’re coming with me.”

On the way to the house I filled Travis in on what was going on. He promised he wouldn’t tell anyone. I explained to him how I was torn about having to see how Gavin was going to react. I didn’t want to see my best friend unhappy.
When we pulled up to the house we sat in the car for awhile.
“Just pretend like I never told you anything,” I said
“I would have found out anyways,” Travis said looking up at the house. “The guys are all talking about it, talk about keeping it on the down low.”
“Are you serious?” I said as I rubbed a hand over my face.
“They say that they can trust me that’s why they’re being open,” Travis said and I relaxed a bit.
“Good because I was about to have a serious talk.” I said
“Cecilia is in her room with Gavin,” Travis said
“Already?” I asked
“No, Austin, Blake’s Royal is with them,” He said
“Okay well let’s go,” I said as we walked into the house. I was walking up the stairs and I bumped into Julian.
“You’re back already, I think Travis needs more practice if he’s going to finish that fast,” Julian joked and I slapped his arm
“That’s not funny and enough with the sex jokes,” I said and I kicked his butt as he was walking down the stairs. I heard Travis let out a chuckle.
“Oh Travis I didn’t know you were here,” I heard Julian say a little nervous. I smiled and just went up stairs. I saw Damien standing in the hallway outside of Cecelia’s room. He saw me and gave me a nod and I gave him a small smile. He suddenly furrowed his eyebrows.
“To the safe room!” Damien said panic stricken, “There’s someone trying to enter the premises.”
I quickly turned on my heel and ran downstairs. I saw Travis about to go upstairs.
“Come on,” He said and we both went outside. I pulled out my gun and I realized I had no idea who or what we were up against. Travis started to run around the house and I followed closely behind. I heard gunshots in the distance, they were shooting at us.
“Over here!” Julian yelled he was crouched behind a car. We quickly turned back and ran over.
“What’s the plan?” I asked
“We shoot back,” Julian said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“First of all we don’t have enough ammunition second of all” I said and flinched when I heard the glass from the car shatter from being shot at. “We have no idea where to really aim.”
“Then what do you suggest we do?” Julian said
“Well they can’t shoot forever,” Travis said and we just looked at him.
“You can’t be serious,” I said
“We can’t just sit here and wait it out.” Julian said
“Should we call for back-up?” I asked
“I got that part covered,” Travis said
“Okay maybe we should head inside then?” I questioned.
“Yeah that sounds about right,” Julian said
“Okay one at a time,” Travis said
“Julian, go first,” I said and he nodded. I watched as he readied himself to sprint to the door. He took in a deep breath and he was off. He wasn’t shot at but instead whoever it was was shooting at the car.
“You go next,” Travis said
“No, you go next,” I said and he put his hands on either side of my face kissed me.
“I said go,” He said
“At the same time?” I suggested and I watched as he thought about it.
“Okay,” He said and he grabbed my hand “Ready?”
“Go!” I yelled and we both ran back inside. I slammed the door behind me and we ran upstairs so we could try and see them from a balcony.
“Do you see anything?” Julian asked as we peaked through the windows.
“No, who’s coming to back us up?” I asked
“Your team,” Travis said
“Fuck!” I heard a girl say. I looked around wide eyed, out of all the times in the world, my luck would decide to have a connection right now, “Got t- away”
I started running towards the royal but my connection was choppy. I could hear Travis calling out towards me but I couldn’t stop, even if I wanted to. There were still gunshots being fired, I prayed that my team got here and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so here is the sequel. Took me awhile because I had to think of where I was going with this story and I've finally have it all planned out. So enjoy!