Skeletons

010

Image


The phone rang while Falyn and Savannah were eating breakfast so they left it alone. Falyn waited until they had finished eating and cleaned up the kitchen together before she finally checked the machine for a message.

There were two old ones, one from Chief Unser about a fishing trip and one from Mrs. Reed down the street about a city council meeting. The third message was the new one. It was a male voice, one she didn't recognize.

Hello, Ms. Falyn Fitzpatrick, this is Agent Smith. We'd like for you to come down to the police department as soon as possible. It's important. Thanks.

"What's that about?" Savannah asked her mother.

"I have no idea but I guess I should go. It sounds important. Are you gonna be okay for an hour or two?"

Savannah rolled her eyes. "Mom, please," she groaned. "I'm not a child."

"Oh, but sweetheart, you are," she chuckled.

"Whatever. I still have a few chapters in my book so I'll be fine."

"Okay, well it shouldn't take long. At least I hope it won't."

"Just goooo," she sighed, exasperated.

"Alright, fine, I'm going!"

She left her daughter to her book and got into her car, driving leisurely into town. It was a beautiful sunny morning and she was in a good mood. When she arrived at the Charming Police Department, she pulled the glass door open and stepped inside, looking around the large, busy room filled with desks, police officers, and other various people.

"Falyn?" Her head quickly turned to the voice and her eyes found the deputy chief walking toward her. "Everything okay?"

"Oh, hey Davey."

"What are you doing down here?" he asked her confused.

"I don't really know actually. Someone left a message on our machine this morning asking me to come down as soon as possible."

"Do you remember who left the message?"

"Um, an Agent Smith?"

David rolled his eyes, obviously already guessing who wanted to talk to Falyn. "Alright, come with me. I'll figure out what's going on." He led her through the row of desks and down the hallway, stopping at a door which he then pushed open. "Have a seat and let me go talk to someone."

"Interrogation room?" she asked amused. She hadn't been inside one of them since she was in high school.

"Just wait for me. I'm gonna see what the hell's going on around here."

She sighed. "Okay. But don't leave me in here too long! I might start having teenage flashbacks," she joked. David cracked a smile but he quickly shut the door and went down the hallway, leaving Falyn to sit alone in the empty room surrounded by one way mirrors.

It didn't take long for David to find the person he was looking for alone in Chief Unser's office. He stalked up to her where she was sitting at the desk and leaned down to be eye level with her, placing his hands against the desktop. "What the hell is Falyn Fitzpatrick doing here?"

The woman smirked. "Oh good, she came."

"What do you want with her? She can't help you. She's been in Oregon for the past eleven years."

"Keeping tabs on the ex, are we? Someone still carrying a torch for their high school sweetheart?"

David rolled his eyes as he stood up straight, turning away from her. "Don't do this to her. She's got nothing to do with SAMCRO."

"Wanna bet?"

"Excuse me?"

The woman sighed, standing to her feet and grabbing a beige colored file off the top of the desk. "Look, Deputy. I need to ask Ms. Fitzpatrick some questions. If you have a problem with that, I'd be more than happy to have you escorted from the premises."

He glared hard at the woman who had moved closer, now only inches from him. "That won't be necessary," he grumbled.

"Good," she grinned. "Cause I have a feeling this is gonna get interesting really quick. You're welcome to watch," she added, patting him on the butt as she walked past him and out of the office.

Falyn looked up at the sound of the door opening. A tall, very masculine woman with a somewhat mischievous smirk entered the room and shut the door behind her, pulling out the chair across from Falyn and taking a seat as she set her file on top of the table. "Hello, Falyn. I'm Agent June Stahl with the ATF."

Falyn stared at the woman confused. "ATF? I'm....not sure I understand. What do I have to do with anything ATF-related?"

Agent Stahl avoided the question, instead picking up the file in front of her. "Can you explain this to me, Ms. Fitzpatrick?" she asked, pulling a photo out of the file and dropping it onto the table, sliding it over to the other side.

Falyn's eyes dropped to the photo in front of her and it only made her more confused. It was a picture of her and Opie Winston, from the first time she saw him after she moved back to Charming. He was holding her off the ground in a hug while she had her arms and legs wrapped around him. She wondered how this agent had gotten the photo. "We were childhood friends. I just moved back to town. I was just saying hello."

"Looks like a little more than hello to me," the agent responded smartly.

"Well, it wasn't. He's married and we're just friends."

"You were David Hale's girlfriend in high school, weren't you?"

Even though she'd only just met the agent, she was quickly becoming annoyed. "Yes," she said through gritted teeth.

"Boy, it must've really pissed him off, you hanging out with people like Opie Winston."

"I think he loved me enough to respect my decision of who I chose to be friends with."

"Right," Agent Stahl grinned, shaking her head. She reached into her file and set another photo down on the table, on top of the photo of her and Opie. This one was old- a picture of her around age sixteen with David at her side, looking at her adoringly. "Looks like he really did love you."

"How the hell did you get this?" she asked, picking up the photo and holding it up.

"We've been digging into you for a couple of weeks now. Ever since you showed up in Charming. Doing a bit of surveillance, things like that."

"But why?"

"Falyn, do you have any connections to the Sons of Anarchy?"

"Um...." she motioned to the photo on the table of her and Opie.

"Other than childhood friendships," she clarified in a mocking tone.

"No, I don't."

"Really?"

Falyn shrugged her shoulders, obviously unaware of where the conversation was heading.

"Why did you leave Charming eleven years ago?" Agent Stahl asked.

Her glare at the older woman hardened as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"That's none of your business."

"How old is your daughter?" she fired back quickly.

Falyn looked away from the devilish stare of the woman across from her, not answering her question.

"Not gonna tell me, huh? Then I'll say it. Your daughter is eleven years old, Ms. Fitzpatrick. That's not a coincidence is it?" Agent Stahl once again reached into her file, pulling out another photo and setting it on the table in front of Falyn. "She's a beautiful girl," she said snidely. Falyn stared down at the photo, which had obviously been taken in the same way as the earlier photo of her- without her knowledge. Savannah was simply walking down the street with her grandfather and the dog. "She looks just like her father," Agent Stahl added.

Falyn's head snapped up, her eyes wide and angry. "How do you even-"

"Oh, give me a little credit. I've been face to face with Jax Teller enough times to be able to see the resemblance."

She swallowed hard, glaring at the agent. "What do you want from me?"

"Information."

"I don't know anything!" she yelled, slamming her hands against the cold metal table. "I've been in Oregon for the past eleven years! I don't have any information to give you!"

"I know that," she replied, once again picking up her file. She laid out the rest of the photos from it- photos of Falyn with Jax, Piney, Chibs, even Lowell and the prospect. "You have connections, Falyn. Use them."

Falyn shook her head, her eyes now brimming with tears.

"It would be a shame for Jax to find out about his daughter in such an undesirable way."

"Are you trying to blackmail me?"

"It looks that way, doesn't it?"

Falyn exhaled loudly, leaning back in her chair. "I can't help you, Agent Stahl."

"You know, there's only one thing I can think of that would be worse than the father finding out about the daughter. And that's the daughter finding out about the father."

"You stay the fuck away from her."

Agent Stahl grinned as she collected the photos and slid them back into the file before standing to her feet. "I'm gonna need that information soon, Falyn. You call as soon as you get me something useful. You've got a week," she told her, sliding her business card into the pocket of Falyn's shirt.

Tears were now spilling out onto her cheeks as she stood up and swung the door open, stomping out into the hallway. Someone to her left called her name and she stopped in her tracks. David was standing by the door of the observation room with a confused, hurt look on his face. Falyn could tell just by looking at him that he'd listened to the entire conversation between her and Agent Stahl. She shook her head sadly and turned on her heel to leave as quickly as she could, the tears now rolling down her cheeks at an even faster rate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Falyn's outfit is here.

Alright, so who called it? I personally thought I might've made it too obvious in previous chapters, but who knows! Tell me what you guys think pretty please? :)