Skeletons

011

Image


Getting out of bed didn't even feel like a viable option. Ever since she'd returned home from the police department and her little chat with ATF Agent Stahl, Falyn didn't feel like doing anything. It wasn't very far from being dark when Savannah finally knocked on her bedroom door.

"Mom?" She opened the door cautiously, looking around the room before her eyes finally landed on her mother. "What's wrong?"

Falyn slowly sat up in her bed and ran a hand through her messy hair. "I'm just not feeling very well, sweetie."

"You've been like this since you got home this morning. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'll be fine. Here, why don't you come watch a movie with me?" she suggested, patting the empty space next to her.

Savannah shrugged and kicked off her shoes before jumping onto the bed next to her mother. "What are we watching?"

"Whatever you want."

Savannag grinned mischievously as she hopped up from the bed and went to search for a specific dvd she had in mind. She put it in and rejoined her mother on the bed, waiting patiently for it to start. Falyn shook her head as the movie began.

"I think you love Harry Potter too much, Sav."

Savannah scoffed. "There's no such thing, Mom."

They both laid back against the pillows and watched silently for the first hour until Falyn's previous thoughts began to creep back into her mind. She thought about the fact that eventually Agent Stahl would tell Jax because she didn't have any information on SAMCRO that the ATF would find valuable. Even if she did want to give them something, which she didn't, there was nothing to tell. And Stahl would be one very angry bitch when she didn't get what she wanted.

The worst part of the whole thing wasn't how Jax would react, or the rest of the Club, or even Tara, who used to be one of her best friends. It was how Savannah would react when she finally learned about who her father was and what he did for a living. She hoped that Savannah would understand that she only made the decisions she made in order to protect her daughter.

Falyn reached over and grabbed her daughter's hand where it rested next to hers. "I love you, Savannah. You know that, right?"

"Yeah, I know. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I just don't think I tell you enough."

"Mom, you tell me all the time. Like, every day."

She squeezed Savannah's hand tighter. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me, you know."

Savannah smiled, but the look she was giving her mother was more one of worry and concern. "Are you sure everythng's alright, Mom?"

"Yeah, baby. It'll be fine."

She hoped.

Once the movie was over, Savannah went downstairs with her grandfather, leaving Falyn to herself once again. She dragged herself out of bed and changed out of her pajamas and back into the clothes she had been wearing earlier in the day. Once she'd semi-tamed her dark hair, she pulled on her boots and grabbed her leather jacket from the closet.

Craig and Savannah were in the kitchen putting together a puzzle when Falyn made her way downstairs. She pushed the door to the kitchen open, sticking her head into the room. "I need to go out for about an hour or two. I'll be back soon, okay?"

"Alright, darlin'. We'll see you for dinner then."

"Be careful, Mom. Love you," Savannah added.

"I love you too, baby. I'll be back in a little while."

She pulled on her jacket and grabbed her keys as she walked out the front door and she jumped into the car, immediately heading away from town. About thirty minutes later, in the middle of nowhere, she pulled into a nearly empty parking lot and got out of the car, quickly making her way inside the building.

The bar wasn't very busy for the time of day it was. A few of the booths were occupied by overweight, overdrunk men who were half passed out already. Less than half of the bar stools were taken and Falyn slid onto the one directly in front of the bartender, who looked up immediately and gave her a suggestive smirk. She ignored the look and ordered her drink, quickly downing it as soon as it was set in front of her before asking for another.

Because her back was to the door, she didn't see the Scotsman enter the room. He however instantly found her where she sat sulkily at the bar and he slowly walked up behind her, sliding onto the bar stool next to her. She felt his presence there but she didn't acknowledge it until he finally spoke.

"What're you doin' here?"

She frowned and took a large gulp of the drink cradled in her palm. "Drowning my sorrows. That is what bars are for, isn't it?"

"Aye. That's true."

"What are you doing here? I mean, the clubhouse does have its own bar."

"Maybe I like t' get away for a bit sometimes," he told her honestly.

"To a sketchy bar outside Charming where no one knows you? Good thinking."

"That why you're here?"

She shrugged her shoulders and took another drink. "Maybe."

"An' why would ya need that?"

For the first time since he walked into the bar, Falyn looked over at him. "Because my entire world is about to come crashing down around me. And all I can do is sit back and watch it happen." She paused to shake her head and down the last of the drink in her glass. "Because of that stupid fed bitch," she muttered to herself.

Chibs watched as she set the glass on the bar before the word finally registered in his brain. "Wait, fed?"

Falyn quickly realized the mistake she'd just made by mentioning the ATF agent. "I-I should, uh, get going," she blurted out, rising quickly to her feet.

Before she could even take two steps, Chibs had grabbed ahold of her upper arm and pulled her backward to face him. Despite the fact that his surprising action had caught her off guard, she glared hard at him but his grip only tightened. "You are talkin' to the goddamn feds?"

She swallowed hard as her light brown eyes stared directly into his dark ones. "ATF called me down to the PD this morning. The bitch tried to blackmail me."

"What do they want?"

"Information. On SAMCRO."

"What did ya tell 'em?"

Falyn rolled her eyes. "I told the truth. That I don't know anything and I don't have any information that would be valuable to her."

He looked at her intently, as if he were unsure of whether or not she was telling him the truth. She must've realized what the look in his eyes meant.

"I grew up around this Club, Filip. I know how it fucking works," she snapped at him, yanking her arm free from his grasp. With one final glare, she stormed past him and out of the bar. He sighed and sat back down on the bar stool, running a hand through his hair as he pulled the prepaid cell phone from his pocket and quickly dialed a number before putting it up to his ear.

"We got a problem."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay you guys, serious question. I was thinking of starting THIS soon. It's going to be a Juice story. Would anybody be interested in reading it?